UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Safety tip of the day.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joey
UKC Forum Member

Safety tip of the day.

I almost lost Wood a few nights ago. Long story short he was hung up in green briers for about an hour swimming in place. Good thing he is in shape. I hunt a lot in the summer and have taken some dog in to hunt for the public. I cast wood north from the truck and hunt the other dog south down the river levee. By the time I figured out what was going on he was in that spot for a longtime. The boat that was normally there was gone. He was in flooded timber in about 8 feet of water. I remembered I had a life jacket in the truck. I put it on and swam the 150 yards out to him and got him free. Its water from white river and it was moving, I couldn't have done it without the life jacket. I'll always have one in the dog box now. He would have died without it. I think its a good idea to keep one if you hunt around a lot of water.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-09-2019 11:28 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

Glad everything turned out ok!

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Old Post 05-09-2019 11:51 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Had one wrap up in vines in floodwater years ago and tread water till we found her. Went back in with a canoe and pulled her out. It was in the early days of the Garmin and I really doubt she'd have lived if we were looking for her with a beep beep.

Old Post 05-10-2019 01:59 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Michael Rosemond

Great post and good tip, one should never risk their life and yet we need to help our digs when they need our help. I think I will start carrying a life jacket in my truck when I am coon hunting near water. Dave

Old Post 05-10-2019 02:47 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Dave, I'm not going without one again. It's not hurting anything in the dog box. I have swam to dogs hundreds of times. It was stupid everytime.

Cory, if it wasn't for the garmin I would have never known he was there. He would have died there for sure.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-10-2019 03:30 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze P.
Banned

Finally something worth putting on this board.

Old Post 05-10-2019 03:40 AM
Blaze P. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze P. Click here to Send Blaze P. a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze P. Add Blaze P. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Just goes to show the dedication we have for your hounds. Well done and thanks for sharing.

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)
PCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Holly NBPPA'S 1st Total Dog Winner 2011
GRPCH Jollife's Valleyveiw Cally (Pumpkin) 2011 WV High Point PP Hound
HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget 2011 WV PP State Run-off Winner
NTCH CH Bone's Relic Hunter (Moose)
Bone's Smooth Southern Shine [Stolen}

Old Post 05-10-2019 11:55 AM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote