UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rules Proposals 2019
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Far as the babbling rule the old format the first three minutes they could bark all they wanted after that if you can imagine this you cut ole spark plug he barks 3 times in the first 5 feet you have to strike him he is minused 3 more barks he is now 10 feet you strike him he is minused the third time you go to the truck. What that rule did was make people break them before they went to a hunt now they use it for an advantage.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-09-2019 02:15 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Current rules are better than proposed 5,6 and 7 jmo.

Old Post 05-09-2019 03:44 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
millerthehound
UKC Forum Member

Tar I understand that and I agree there are a bunch of automatic strike dogs. However every dog is different and some have colder noses then others so if my dog opens in 5FT and yours doesn't people are going to want to minus him for babbling however my dogs nose might just be different. For Instance in 2014 at the Grand American my dog struck a track right out 2nd drop 5 FT from us on a road. None of the 3 other dogs could smell it they smelled where she struck at under that rule I could have been minused it took here almost 10 mins to put the coon in a hole 150 YDS away. Babbling is there but having the rule in place now seems the most fair in my opinion and I will be forwarding all my concerns to the English association when I can get it typed up and sent. Just my 2 cents

Home of
GRNITECH'GRCH'PR' Buster's Ugly Nite Angel HTX
2015 World Hunt and Show Qualifier
2014 Grand American Double Cast Winner
2014 World Qualifier
'PR' High Sierra's Heavenly Atlas
'PR' High Sierra's Crystal Lake Kraken
2019 World Hunt Qualifier
'PR' High Sierra's Peppermint Candy
'PR' Tiffany's Spicy Red Pepper (RedBone she isnt mine)
'PR' High Sierra's Stonecold Medusa
'PR' Miller's Ticked-Up Titan( RIP)

Old Post 05-09-2019 04:20 PM
millerthehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for millerthehound Click here to Send millerthehound a Private Message Click Here to Email millerthehound Find more posts by millerthehound Add millerthehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I seriously wish UKC would put about a 10 year moratorium on any further rule changes. Let these guys learn the rules we got instead of throwing more new ones at them.

I agree
with that being said hardly anyone up in my area, that hunts the UKC hunts, ever gets on the forum to expresses their thoughts and I dare say most are not members of a breed association.
What I believe we need is education of the rules as well as how entries are to be taken, selecting quality judges and how the cast are drawn and what a hunt director or moh are to check when score cards are turned in. too many judges, hunt directors and moh are getting the other kc rules mixed up with ukc's imo

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 05-09-2019 04:25 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

The AKC has the best strike rule.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 05-09-2019 04:25 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares

Have to agree with K.T. on this one..If they bark thru the minute no one gets that magical 100....50 and a 25 if I remember right..akc got popular for awhile around here for some reason then faded just as quick.

Old Post 05-09-2019 04:41 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
millerthehound
UKC Forum Member

I love the AKC Strike rules it makes the babblers take a hit and less of a gap between automatic strike dogs and true strike dogs. Just my 2 cents

Home of
2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 05-09-2019 04:45 PM
millerthehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for millerthehound Click here to Send millerthehound a Private Message Click Here to Email millerthehound Find more posts by millerthehound Add millerthehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

Never thought I would hear myself say this........ but if enough of these proposed changes are adopted UKC may have the best set of rules out there............

Old Post 05-09-2019 04:48 PM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
millerthehound
UKC Forum Member

I agree if you adopt all the best set of rules it will in theory be the best set of rules....but not all will be pleased. Just my 2 cents

Home of
2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 05-09-2019 04:51 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

Tree countdown and let the HD hunt, I could careless about the rest.

Old Post 05-09-2019 05:16 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is online now Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Hard to believe someone didn't propose that rule.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 05-09-2019 06:10 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by K. Singletary
Hard to believe someone didn't propose that rule.

I know for a fact some proposals didn’t make the list.

That strike rule would work great with the new UKC Cast Wins get titles.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 05-10-2019 02:29 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I seriously wish UKC would put about a 10 year moratorium on any further rule changes. Let these guys learn the rules we got instead of throwing more new ones at them.

Best comment on here yet !!!!!!

Old Post 05-10-2019 08:34 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:

What is it ?
Thanks !

Old Post 05-10-2019 08:36 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Re: RULE CHANGES

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
It seems that almost every rule change is wanted by someone who is hunting a dog that changing a rule would benefit them at the time they are hunting said dog. Forward about 3 years and they aren't hunting fido anymore, its now sam. Now they want to change the same rule again to fit sam. I agree that the rules should be frozen as are, no more changing to fit, and maybe some of the ones who never had a rule book will buy one and learn something from it.

Hunt Director is a simple UKC fix. That's format change, and Allen can fix it anytime he wishes. MY WISH is he would say no more hunt director. That has been the biggest joke in recent history. There have been more complaints and rule violations since its inception than ever before. WHY? Those same no rule learning folks can be that hunt director, armed with a panel that's worse yet. IT IS A JOKE!! If we are allowing a director, let them hunt.

Now lets forward ourselves to the real world of coon hunting for a few lines here. Rule changes are not needed. We should take the rules from 4-5 registries to the woods with us, look for and find a rule in one of those books that's fits our cause, and use that rule. Yes, I am joking, but it is being done to a large degree already, without carrying the books of course. Heck, the hunt director came from them other KC's books. Maybe we are using them officially huh?

Rock,
I agree with most of all you say and understand your points BUT if we didnt have the HD format at our club , our club would fold plain and simple.
I dont want that . UKC dont want that . Nobody wants that.
I'm just passionately concerned here ,not arguing.... So whats the solution then ?

Old Post 05-10-2019 09:02 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by B McDaniel
Never thought I would hear myself say this........ but if enough of these proposed changes are adopted UKC may have the best set of rules out there............

Agreed.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-11-2019 03:12 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan Faircloth
UKC Forum Member

8 minute rule

Would love to see this changed to 6 minutes. 8 minutes is a little long for a dog to be silent on track. Especially in a hour hunt kinda gives them an escape from getting minused.

Old Post 05-14-2019 09:29 PM
Bryan Faircloth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan Faircloth Click here to Send Bryan Faircloth a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan Faircloth Find more posts by Bryan Faircloth Add Bryan Faircloth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan Faircloth
UKC Forum Member

8 minute rule

Would love to see this changed to 6 minutes. 8 minutes is a little long for a dog to be silent on track. Especially in a hour hunt kinda gives them an escape from getting minused.

Old Post 05-14-2019 09:29 PM
Bryan Faircloth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan Faircloth Click here to Send Bryan Faircloth a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan Faircloth Find more posts by Bryan Faircloth Add Bryan Faircloth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chase214
UKC Forum Member

So what is everyone's definition of babbling , my dog barks alot and doesn't stop, the only time I have ever had a problem was at local hunts because most people dont know the rule , most people only use the rule to win if you have a dog that barks alot. Iv been misused before for babbling even thought she ends up with a coon. I got a dog on both ends of the spectrum so if ukc keeps the babbling rule they should keep the silent trail rule.

Old Post 05-15-2019 12:00 AM
Chase214 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chase214 Click here to Send Chase214 a Private Message Click Here to Email Chase214 Find more posts by Chase214 Add Chase214 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

If dog leaves barking then suddenly shuts up. Babbling
If you make several drops. And same dogs opens right away every drop. Babbling but hard prove if dog carries strike. Hard prove dog is babbling but if judge calls it when they can be sure. Might make people be more honest and hunt honest hounds but prob not. It's more win at all cost rules morals and character be dang.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-15-2019 02:34 AM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jvogat
UKC Forum Member

UKC

To many rule changes and to many rules. You are just keeping the common man and his family from entering in the hunts. Those people who do the hunts every weekend know the rules/? and just knock those common people out. So just keep making those changes and eventually you will not have people coming to the hunts, Oh wait you already have that. You mind as well just make a robotic dog and hunt it.

Last edited by Jvogat on 05-15-2019 at 01:30 PM

Old Post 05-15-2019 01:27 PM
Jvogat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jvogat Click here to Send Jvogat a Private Message Find more posts by Jvogat Add Jvogat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

As I have said before we have had basically the same rules since the mid 80’s if you don’t know them by now well lol ?

Tar

Old Post 05-15-2019 01:32 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

I drawed couple sure enough old houndsman that won a lot back in 80s at few local hunts lately. They dont comp hunt much because not physically able. And they had no clue about some rules changed in 2017 I believe. Like squalling after 2 min. 8 min shine time and few other. Made for interesting hunt say least. I could only imagine what they say if I told them there is place to discuss UKC rule changes on internet.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-15-2019 01:46 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Tar in a way your right same basic rules. Basic but not the same.
Jvogat your correct as well. The rules need to be keep simple but effective.
The rules have to change because the game has changed and will continue to change.

Old Post 05-15-2019 01:47 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Dillard
UKC Forum Member

NO RULE CHANGES ARE NEEDED........

Old Post 05-18-2019 05:50 PM
Chris Dillard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Dillard Click here to Send Chris Dillard a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Dillard Find more posts by Chris Dillard Add Chris Dillard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote