UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Trespassing
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Trespassing

I understand that the cast at the Winter Classic that were charged with trespassing is still being charged and the court date is this Thursday March21st. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. And we were told this had been resolved, notttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-18-2019 04:40 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

I definitely know one cast member that's going to show up in court to contest his ticket. I hope all cast members show up. It's just a shame that it had to come down to this. What happened to all the "supposed" help from the Club and others? Definitely puts a new spin on hunting these Hunts and taking someone's word that they have permission to hunt where you are being put. Dave

Old Post 03-18-2019 11:12 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Not a new spin at all. Been this way since the very first night hunt. Draw your guide, take your chances.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 03-19-2019 01:28 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ji

Unfortunately, you are correct, one is at the mercy of their guide and the integrity of the guide. Anyone hunting out of state or anywhere that they personally don't know the owner of the land and have permission to hunt that land is taking a chance. Unfortunately these bigger hunts require casts to hunt where no one in the cast knows the landowner, they HAVE to rely on the guide. DOES ANYONE think the cast should be held accountable for a guides mistakes? Dave

Old Post 03-19-2019 02:20 AM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Probably no one but the law.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 03-19-2019 02:26 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

It's a risk we take every time we turn loose. Either at home or on the road. Personally I'd pay my fine and keep hunting.

Old Post 03-19-2019 02:30 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Josh

Some states have Hugh fines and consider trespassing a felony, a felony conviction means a loss of your right to own or possess a firearm. WHO would want this to happen because you trusted a guide! We need some serious thoughts put out on this subject. Dave

Old Post 03-19-2019 02:38 AM
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Re: Josh

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Some states have Hugh fines and consider trespassing a felony, a felony conviction means a loss of your right to own or possess a firearm. WHO would want this to happen because you trusted a guide! We need some serious thoughts put out on this subject. Dave

Just curious, do you hunt in the competition hunts or just pleasure hunt?

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 03-19-2019 04:06 AM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

The biggest confusion I have with it is that at one time UKC posted that things were being resolved and nobody should worry. That doesn’t seem to be the way it is tho.

I do agree with josh, unfortunately it’s a risk in the game and nothing can correct it. I can understand the frustration with all those involved

Old Post 03-19-2019 11:49 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

On the charges, it appears that blood is much thicker than water in this case. Apparently the father is siding with the son now. It also sounds as if Mississippi is banking on what Josh has eluded to. Just paying the fine and not showing up to court. This whole thing smells of dodo.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 03-19-2019 12:59 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
william endress
UKC Forum Member

Good guide

Years ago had a guide put us in this situation. He did what was right and paid all of the fines for the entire cast. Come to find out the land was sold just a few weeks ago and his lease was with the old owner. The new owner didnt care and was pushing for the max in court. The judge sided with the guide because he said from the beginning he was at fault not the cast members. It was the minimum fine 1500 a person, so the guide paid 6000 in fines. Max was 3000 a person and forfeit of license for 10 years. But I realize this is not the norm for a person to take the blame, but it should be. Changed my view on this guy.

Old Post 03-19-2019 01:15 PM
william endress is offline Click Here to See the Profile for william endress Click here to Send william endress a Private Message Click Here to Email william endress Find more posts by william endress Add william endress to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
The biggest confusion I have with it is that at one time UKC posted that things were being resolved and nobody should worry. That doesn’t seem to be the way it is tho.

I do agree with josh, unfortunately it’s a risk in the game and nothing can correct it. I can understand the frustration with all those involved

We were in fact advised that it would be resolved and no one should have to worry about it. Unfortunately, the landowner hasn't cooperated with following through and taking the necessary step to end/drop the charges. Says he's got bigger fish to fry then deal with this. However, he's advised the club he's not pursuing it and won't be showing up in court. The club has also contacted the prosecuting attorney, as well as the game warden who issued the tickets, and discussed the situation with them. Unfortunately, without the cooperation of the landowner, the court date does not go away. The club has further stated that they will be in court on that date and will pay any fines, if it were to actually come to that. According to what they have been advised of by the PA, it's highly unlikely that there will be any charges in the end.

And yes it is highly frustrating for those involved, the club, and UKC. The club has went out of their way to resolve the unfortunate incident but this is what they have been left with. We'll find out in two days.

Old Post 03-19-2019 04:45 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

The "guideing " issue has to be addressed we can't continue to sweep it under the rug .
Guides have to be held accountable , that should be a prerequisite to guideing and it should be understood by a signed guideing slip .
JMO

Old Post 03-19-2019 05:42 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Guides are volunteers. Start putting requirements on them such as signing a form and see how many volunteer. Guides are hard enough to get where I live already. Here you have to beg someone to guide.

Old Post 03-19-2019 05:53 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Who has permission? I got permission for a half acre close to the 1000 I hunt I guess that counts

Old Post 03-19-2019 05:53 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
The "guideing " issue has to be addressed we can't continue to sweep it under the rug .
Guides have to be held accountable , that should be a prerequisite to guideing and it should be understood by a signed guideing slip .
JMO

Imagine what will happen when you have to wd when your hound is treed alone on property guide don't have permission on.Betting cast won't vote for time out for you?
Today's hounds run away from each other.Getting on posted or even un-posted ground is not uncommon.Heck mine do it pleasure hunting in very southern Mi.
Thank the deer nut jobs.Taking over family farms,Buying, leasing up everything.
Don't forget the Sue happy people that sue people over everything for $$$.I know land owners that don't want to deal with someone getting hurt and or getting sued.........So just say No to hunting.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Last edited by 4play on 03-19-2019 at 07:56 PM

Old Post 03-19-2019 06:39 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Trespassing

I hope all this turns out good, IT is refreshing to know that this cast is ACTUALLY getting SUPPORT. Unfortunately, times have changed, hunting land is decreasing every year and BIGGER HUNTS are becoming a challenge for the hosting clubs to provide enough guides and hunting spots. However, ALL CASTS deserve the right to hunt where they are taken without fear of getting charged with trespassing. We need to take this matter serious, every Club should take steps to insure their guides have written permission to hunt where they will guide. Verbal permission is no good if land is posted, you must have written permission. These BIG HUNTS are held once a year, this should be sufficient time to get the needed permission on ALL land that will be hunted. If you don't have enough land to accommodate all casts, then don't send those casts out. Dave

Old Post 03-19-2019 08:00 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Re: Trespassing

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I hope all this turns out good, IT is refreshing to know that this cast is ACTUALLY getting SUPPORT. Unfortunately, times have changed, hunting land is decreasing every year and BIGGER HUNTS are becoming a challenge for the hosting clubs to provide enough guides and hunting spots. However, ALL CASTS deserve the right to hunt where they are taken without fear of getting charged with trespassing. We need to take this matter serious, every Club should take steps to insure their guides have written permission to hunt where they will guide. Verbal permission is no good if land is posted, you must have written permission. These BIG HUNTS are held once a year, this should be sufficient time to get the needed permission on ALL land that will be hunted. If you don't have enough land to accommodate all casts, then don't send those casts out. Dave

Dave, you sure sound like an intelligent man with a lot of knowledge, talking about the times have changed, the bigger hunts across the country & the clubs that put them on. How to run there clubs, such as taking steps about there guides shoulds & shouldn’ts! So with all your concerns & caring about the hunts, the clubs, & the cast I’m sure a years time in plenty for you to get permission from some landowners so you can guide a few cast. Don’t forget to have it writing, I’m sure everyone will appreciate your efforts thank you

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 03-19-2019 08:17 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gpent24
UKC Forum Member

As one of the cast members i won't be showing up in court because i am a CPA and there is no way I can miss a day in the middle of tax season to drive 3 hours away just to beat a 200$ ticket. I really hope it all just goes away and the charges are dropped but if it doesn't ill pay the piper. Just really disappointed in the situation all around.

Last edited by gpent24 on 03-19-2019 at 08:39 PM

Old Post 03-19-2019 08:31 PM
gpent24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gpent24 Click here to Send gpent24 a Private Message Click Here to Email gpent24 Find more posts by gpent24 Add gpent24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Gpent24

Hopefully, this situation will be resolved and the charges dismissed. A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Hopefully, this situation has raised AWARENESS of what can happen. Dave

Old Post 03-19-2019 09:02 PM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

I am not quite sure who was at fault in that case. But locally one of the rocket scientist that hunts around here was ran off of a property. Was told for the third time game warden next time. This was on a Friday night, night hunt on Sat he takes a cast back in there. Yep all was given tickets for trespassing. This type of hunter has ruined the night hunts around here, and made it tough on everyone.

Old Post 03-20-2019 11:55 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Roy Grant

That's exactly why WE ALL need proof of permission to hunt, there are a few bad apples in every barrel. ANYONE who can't provide written permission most likely does not have permission. The Law requires written permission if the land is posted. Dave

Old Post 03-21-2019 12:23 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Update

David Pratt of the Winona Coon Club called one of the cast members today and said he had spoken with the Game Warden today and that the Warden was going to request the Court to drop the charges. David and the Guide Ed will be in Court tomorrow to represent the cast and pay any fines, if any. Will post the results tomorrow. I just want to express my Thanks for the Winona Coon Club, David Pratt and the Guide Ed for their efforts in resolving this issue. This kind of support should make us all feel good about our sport. Dave

Old Post 03-21-2019 12:46 AM
wjoey
Banned

I hope it works out.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 03-21-2019 01:53 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for everyone’s concern
This has been a drawn out deal and I apologize charges were dropped in court this morning.

Deceased dogs

GR NT CH PR Pratts Red Ace
NT CH PR Pratts Red Rock ( sold to Bo Bennett )
NT CH PR Pratts Red Ann
PR Pratts Red Rowdy

Last edited by Pratt on 03-21-2019 at 04:34 PM

Old Post 03-21-2019 03:37 PM
Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pratt Click here to Send Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Pratt Find more posts by Pratt Add Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote