UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What’s your line?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

talk it over with your wife and then call your banker .lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-06-2019 01:04 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Saw one a while back that went something like this, "For Sale: This dog will strike, trail and tree his own coon. Will hunt out good and stay under pressure. Nothing at all wrong with this dog I just have too many to hunt.....$800". That's not the perfect wording but pretty close. Here's my question. If this is his worst dog, I want to see the good ones go .

Old Post 03-06-2019 02:43 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

I need to re-home a dog. It's a small terrier, and tends to bark a lot. If you're interested, let me know and I'll jump over my neighbors fence and get it for you.

Old Post 03-06-2019 02:55 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I was listening in on a sale at a public trade day one time back in the early 80's between an old dog trader and a young coonhunter and the young man opened the dogs mouth an commented on the dog's not having any teeth, the old man said, son don't you know what a smooth mouth breed is!! They lose their teeth when they are 3 years old and he's a good un !!

Old Post 03-06-2019 02:56 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Ed
UKC Forum Member

Yadkinriver

I've know a few like that and owned a few like that also
. Neighbor once said; " I hear your dogs barking but it doesn't bother us". They were good people and I knew it bothered them. That's when bark collars went on when I was gone from home during the day.

Old Post 03-06-2019 04:23 PM
Pastor Ed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Ed Click here to Send Pastor Ed a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Ed Find more posts by Pastor Ed Add Pastor Ed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Ed
UKC Forum Member

Yadkinriver

I've know a few like that and owned a few like that also
. Neighbor once said; " I hear your dogs barking but it doesn't bother us". They were good people and I knew it bothered them. That's when bark collars went on when I was gone from home during the day.

Old Post 03-06-2019 04:23 PM
Pastor Ed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Ed Click here to Send Pastor Ed a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Ed Find more posts by Pastor Ed Add Pastor Ed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

LOL

JUST NEEDS FUR IN IT'S MOUTH

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 03-06-2019 06:18 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

The other side of the coin

I can't tell you how many times I tell a buyer something about a dog and i swear they don't hear a word I say.

Example:

I had a dog that was beat by a guys wife with a broom. He would bite every female whether women or child. I told the guy at least a 100x's that he will bite a female. He even responded I am single and live in the woods. It won't be a problem. I call him 6 months later and ask how he liked the dog. He said great. He is a solid coon dog, but he did bite my fiance.

I told another guy that I had the most worthless dog I have ever see. It was my first coon dog, and i was 15. He asked if he could have her. I said sure. A year later I run into the guy and ask about the female. His reply was you know that dog was completely worthless.

Fact is buying or selling we only hear what we want to hear.

Aim small miss small

Last edited by Larry Atherton on 03-07-2019 at 05:15 PM

Old Post 03-06-2019 07:41 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I told a guy that I had a 12 mos old pup for sale that had never been to the woods. The first thing he said was, "can I have 2 weeks trial".

Old Post 03-06-2019 08:45 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

My favorite..

For sale 5 yr old female, runs and trees, got too many young dogs I'm trying to hunt don't need her, I will take $1800. If she don't sell I will just breed her to my old Jack dog.

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 03-07-2019 02:50 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
I need to re-home a dog. It's a small terrier, and tends to bark a lot. If you're interested, let me know and I'll jump over my neighbors fence and get it for you.

one of my neighbors had a beagle like that,,
their new next door neighbor must have given it away or they heard I was fixing to shoot it..
was nice of someone to save me a bullet,,lol

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 03-21-2019 07:57 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Line

There is a young crossbred dog advertised and it says he is coon crazy also he can be delivered to a hog Bay so naturally he goes crazy over a hog squealing also

Old Post 03-21-2019 02:16 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

I sold one because I wasn't hunting him, and I wanted him to go to a good home. My wife passed away unexpectedly, and I was in a fog for several months after that. He was a nice dog, and showed it in the woods. The fella that ended up with him, Granded him out. His 15 year old son ended up loving that dog. So sometimes, there's not an excuse for selling a dog cheap, other than you want to see him go to a good home! I know this is a rare occurrence, but it does happen.

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 03-21-2019 03:57 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote