UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Permethrin - 10 for flea control !! Cheap control!!
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
robert whitten
UKC Forum Member

larry i use the permetherin on my pups with no ill effects . i just mix it according to the dog dip instructions and dip a rag in it and ring it out and wipe the pups down good . been useing it on pups when needed for a long time now . i been raising treeing curs and catahoulas for the last 12 years and average a couple litters a year and never made a pup sick . like i said earlier when i dip the dogs as much gets on me as them . i keep a spray bottle by the back door and spray my clothes down with it before i hit the fields and woods . it's safe as mothers milk lol alot of the new hunting gear is impregnated with it .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-26-2012 04:59 AM
robert whitten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robert whitten Click here to Send robert whitten a Private Message Click Here to Email robert whitten Find more posts by robert whitten Add robert whitten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
callmemomma910
New UKC Forum Member

permethrin10

I have a flea infestation. and have been on this forum for the past 2 days reading about peoples good results with ( tree and shrub) and permethrin 10. I know this post was a lobg time ago but I am still hopeful someone with the knowledge I need will reply. Where I am located the only tree and shrub insect killer we have without fertilizers is called spectracide active ingredient is 1.47 like everyone has stated but I am weary of using spectracide due to a family members dog getting poisoned by it years ago after treating yard. But if push comes to shove then so be it. I have to do something NOW as I have a rescue as well as 5 personal dogs. My personal dogs weigh from over 100lbs to 5lbs. I bought permethrin10 but have yet to find a ratio to use as a spot on. Like a reg flea treatment would be??? I cant spray my dogs down or use as a dip. Can anyone help me please I am lost and dont want to OD my dogs!!

Old Post 05-14-2014 09:38 PM
callmemomma910 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for callmemomma910 Click here to Send callmemomma910 a Private Message Click Here to Email callmemomma910 Find more posts by callmemomma910 Add callmemomma910 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
va.b&t
UKC Forum Member

TeamTreed.com has the dosage for premethine read his post on this thread

pr Iowa import Deliela
grntch taylors black powder

Old Post 05-14-2014 10:06 PM
va.b&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for va.b&t Click here to Send va.b&t a Private Message Click Here to Email va.b&t Find more posts by va.b&t Add va.b&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
callmemomma910
New UKC Forum Member

teamtreed

I went as far as trying to call them the other day to ask the dosage (lol) if I am recalling correctly he said 1/2 a CC but to what weight class?

Old Post 05-14-2014 10:47 PM
callmemomma910 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for callmemomma910 Click here to Send callmemomma910 a Private Message Click Here to Email callmemomma910 Find more posts by callmemomma910 Add callmemomma910 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
callmemomma910
New UKC Forum Member

wrong train of thought

Its 1/2 a CC for every 10lbs
Is that straight out the bottle or diluted is actually my question
Sorry im blonde and obviously a little slow today (lol)

Old Post 05-14-2014 10:50 PM
va.b&t
UKC Forum Member

AFTER APPLYING THE BAYER I GET A MUCH SMALLER SYRINGE AND APPLY THE PERMETHRIN 10% AT A DOSAGE OF 1/2CC FOR EVERY 10 LBS THE DOG WEIGHS. YOU WON'T NEED NO WHERE NEAR AS MUCH THIS.

i dont use the bayer but this dosage that he gives for premethrin is about the same as i have been using for years.it will last just under a month

pr Iowa import Deliela

Old Post 05-14-2014 10:54 PM
va.b&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for va.b&t Click here to Send va.b&t a Private Message Click Here to Email va.b&t Find more posts by va.b&t Add va.b&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
va.b&t
UKC Forum Member

straight out the bottle

pr Iowa import Deliela

Old Post 05-14-2014 10:55 PM
callmemomma910
New UKC Forum Member

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate the info !!!

Old Post 05-14-2014 11:25 PM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

Where can I buy it at?,I've looked around but can't seem to find it.

Old Post 05-15-2014 05:05 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
va.b&t
UKC Forum Member

southern states or tractor supply

pr Iowa import Deliela

Old Post 05-15-2014 11:58 AM
Tom Jones
UKC Forum Member

permeth

Keep an eye out, once in a while they sell it in a 45% which is way better. I don't have much luck with the 10% so when I can't find the 45% I use the horse spot on. Use a 1/3 of the tube an put the lid back on. 13$ for 27cc instead of 40$ for 9cc. Same stuff as the good spot ons that use 45% permith

Old Post 05-15-2014 02:32 PM
Tom Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Jones Click here to Send Tom Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom Jones Find more posts by Tom Jones Add Tom Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

Where to find. It

Thank you Va.B&T and Tom Jones,,,I've looked here in the tractor supply stores but I guess they don't carry it,,,guess I will go farther out to see if I can find it,,,happy hunting ya'll

Old Post 05-15-2014 10:54 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
va.b&t
UKC Forum Member

Amazon.com: Permectrin II - 32 oz: Pet Supplies i found it on amazon this is the brand that most farmstores carry or you can order it from amazon 10% premithine and it has intructions on the booklet that comes on the bottle.

pr Iowa import Deliela

Old Post 05-16-2014 12:09 PM
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

just found this on amazon.

Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent Trigger Spray by Sawyer Products
Price: $8.99 - $45.00
Sale: Lower price available on select options
Size: Odorless lotion
As effective as 100% DEET
Does not harm fabrics and finishes
Lasts up to 6 weeks or up to 6 washings
24 ounce capacity treats up to 4 complete outfits

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 05-16-2014 03:32 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
va.b&t
UKC Forum Member

for aplication on animals Permectrin II it comes in an 8 oz bottle or a 32 bottle the bottle shape is like a antifreeze bottle if you type in google search permectrin 11 and click on the amazon thread it shows the 32 oz bottle for sale and then you can find the 8 0z fromthere

pr Iowa import Deliela

Old Post 05-16-2014 05:46 PM
rockett42
UKC Forum Member

fleas

You can buy it at Lowes, Tractor supply. Home Depot. Walmart just about anywhere

Old Post 05-16-2014 07:13 PM
rockett42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockett42 Click here to Send rockett42 a Private Message Click Here to Email rockett42 Find more posts by rockett42 Add rockett42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Flea control......

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 04-24-2017 12:01 AM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I put about 2 oz in a 5 gallon bucket of water and treat my hunting clothes with it. let em soak for about and hour and hang/air dry outside. no ticks and no chiggers.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 05-10-2018 03:16 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tntelkhntr
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Melanie H.
Does anyone have the formula for breaking this down.. I only want to make.. say 23 ounces of it.. Not gallons..

I think I have it broke down, but want to see what other people come up with

They want 8ounces for 12.5 gallons.. or 16oz for 25 gallons..

19 to 1, that makes it .05, It's safe to spray on your clothes at that mixture also. I recommend you hang them on the line to do that 😂

Old Post 05-10-2018 03:17 PM
tntelkhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tntelkhntr Click here to Send tntelkhntr a Private Message Find more posts by tntelkhntr Add tntelkhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I use 12% Pemethrin with diesel if broad spectrum spraying and have a major flea outbreak.
You just have to break the life cycle by spraying every 2-3 days for the adult flea and families ,,,,,egg, larve and cocoon and hatched fleas.
You cant kill em when in a cocoon but when they hatch u can.

Once an out break starts you have to stay on em till they are ALL done hatching off and killed .

Old Post 05-10-2018 10:05 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Bifen XTS

I like easy...I buy a quart of bifen xts from “do it my own”
And then buy a yard guard mosquito spray that connects to the water hose...

I take the yard guard and empty half into an old jar...
I then refill the half empty yard guard bottle with the bifen xts and then spray the back of my house and back yard and trees...takes five minutes at most...have to move quickly...

I then refill the empty yard guard bottle with the yard guard I poured into glass container and then fill the bottle with the other half of the bifen xts and repeat in the front yard...kills every bug for the next six months including fire ants...just stay away from flowering plants or you will kill the honey bees...

Keeps mosquitoes out of the yard for at least a month...usually can outlast mosquito season...

Old Post 05-11-2018 03:41 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

What happens to the dog if the Bayer Tree & Shrub contains fertilizer?

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Old Post 07-11-2018 03:13 AM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Craig either the fleas or the dog should start growing.

Old Post 07-11-2018 01:32 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tntelkhntr
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cleo
If I were gonna put the 10% in a 16 oz spray bottle to use on the dogs how many cc's would I need? I divided the 1.3 oz by the gal formula but I want to see if I'm close.

Thank y'all for this. We are having a time here in SC with the **** fleas and ticks. With pups around I am so scared of making them sick but Lord knows the fleas aint making them healthy!

19 oz. of water to 1 oz. permethrin 10 is .05, I wouldn't put anything stronger than that on a dog. That's the same strength as Sawyer's. Do yourself a favor and read the precautions, permethrin is a very strong agent and it can do serious damage to your dog if improperly used.

Last edited by tntelkhntr on 07-12-2018 at 01:50 AM

Old Post 07-12-2018 01:46 AM
tntelkhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tntelkhntr Click here to Send tntelkhntr a Private Message Find more posts by tntelkhntr Add tntelkhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Craig either the fleas or the dog should start growing.

hahaha!!!!

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Old Post 07-12-2018 06:42 PM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote