UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > This Should Be Good
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

This Should Be Good

2 DOG CAST, MOH ASSIGNS JUDGE AND THE HANDLERS WALK OUTSIDE. HUNTING JUDGE/HANDLER IS PREPARING TO LOAD HIS DOG INTO OTHER HANDLERS TRUCK. HANDLER GOES INSIDE CLUBHOUSE, LEAVING HIS DOG TIED TO TRUCK. AS JUDGE/HANDLER APPROACHES TRUCK, OTHER HANDLERS DOG BREAKS FREE FROM TRUCK AND RUSHES TOWARD HIS DOG SHOWING AGGRESSION.

PS I KNOW WHAT THE RULE SAYS.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-09-2018 05:27 PM
Dale Yates is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Yates Click here to Send Dale Yates a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Yates Find more posts by Dale Yates Add Dale Yates to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: This Should Be Good

quote:
Originally posted by Dale Yates
2 DOG CAST, MOH ASSIGNS JUDGE AND THE HANDLERS WALK OUTSIDE. HUNTING JUDGE/HANDLER IS PREPARING TO LOAD HIS DOG INTO OTHER HANDLERS TRUCK. HANDLER GOES INSIDE CLUBHOUSE, LEAVING HIS DOG TIED TO TRUCK. AS JUDGE/HANDLER APPROACHES TRUCK, OTHER HANDLERS DOG BREAKS FREE FROM TRUCK AND RUSHES TOWARD HIS DOG SHOWING AGGRESSION.

PS I KNOW WHAT THE RULE SAYS.

Nothing happens if he didn't jump on the dog. If he did he is scratched.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-09-2018 06:00 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd_Miller
UKC Forum Member

Dont it also have to happen during hunt time?

Old Post 07-09-2018 08:17 PM
Todd_Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd_Miller Click here to Send Todd_Miller a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd_Miller Find more posts by Todd_Miller Add Todd_Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

WHEN DOES THE JUDGES AUTHORITY START???

Old Post 07-09-2018 08:25 PM
Dale Yates is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Yates Click here to Send Dale Yates a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Yates Find more posts by Dale Yates Add Dale Yates to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

EVEN WHEN ONLY ONE PERSON IS WITNESS?

Old Post 07-09-2018 08:27 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

yep

If that one person is the judge than yeah your dog is scratched. Hunt time doesn't matter in that situation. As soon as the judge is given the card though the time it is returned to the moh. Same for unsportsmanlike behavior, that's what I am sure ukc will say unless they have changed policy lately. The rule states during the authority of the judge.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 07-09-2018 at 09:00 PM

Old Post 07-09-2018 08:57 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I don't know that to be true. It says for fighting or attempting to fight than references definitions 18 attempting to fight showing aggressive behavior, interfering with another dog. Doesn't say wait until you have to take the other dog to the vet, than scratch the mean dog.

Old Post 07-09-2018 09:08 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

Re: yep

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
If that one person is the judge than yeah your dog is scratched. Hunt time doesn't matter in that situation. As soon as the judge is given the card though the time it is returned to the moh. Same for unsportsmanlike behavior, that's what I am sure ukc will say unless they have changed policy lately. The rule states during the authority of the judge.

EXACTLY

Old Post 07-09-2018 10:12 PM
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd_Miller

ANYTIME AFTER THE JUDGE RECEIVES THE SCORECARD.

Old Post 07-09-2018 10:51 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I wouldn't be too quick to judge a dogs "meanness" when he's tied to his owner's truck. A lot of dogs are protective of property.

Old Post 07-09-2018 10:51 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I wouldn't be too quick to judge a dogs "meanness" when he's tied to his owner's truck. A lot of dogs are protective of property.

MIGHT BE A LONG OR SHORT NIGHT IF THEY RIDE IN SAME TRUCK

Old Post 07-09-2018 10:53 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
MIGHT BE A LONG OR SHORT NIGHT IF THEY RIDE IN SAME TRUCK
This is where we would use common sense.

Old Post 07-09-2018 11:10 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
This is where we would use common sense.

SHADINC, PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M TRYING TO BE DIFFICULT, BUT WHEN WE USE COMMON SENSE, DO WE ACKNOWLEDGE THE ONES THAT WROTE THE RULES USED COMMON SENSE AND FOLLOW THEM, OR DO WE JUST MAKE IT UP AS WE GO? I ENJOY LISTENING TO PEOPLE AS THEY QUOTE THE "ALIEN RULES". YOU KNOW THE ONES THAT DON'T EXIST. I REALLY ENJOY WHEN SOMEONE SAYS "UNDER THE CANOPY OF THE TREE".

Old Post 07-09-2018 11:29 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

quote:
SHADINC, PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M TRYING TO BE DIFFICULT, BUT WHEN WE USE COMMON SENSE, DO WE ACKNOWLEDGE THE ONES THAT WROTE THE RULES USED COMMON SENSE AND FOLLOW THEM, OR DO WE JUST MAKE IT UP AS WE GO? I ENJOY LISTENING TO PEOPLE AS THEY QUOTE THE "ALIEN RULES". YOU KNOW THE ONES THAT DON'T EXIST. I REALLY ENJOY WHEN SOMEONE SAYS "UNDER THE CANOPY OF THE TREE".
Dale I hope you don't think Im trying to pick a fight but yes common sense does come into play. That is why somethings are left up to the judge, but can be overturned by a majority vote. now then as far as the "ALIEN RULES" around here I call them "that's the way we've always done it" rules. If it is a rule it is and if it's not it's not. I covered this topic in another post about time outs. UKC will tell you this is why it is important for the MOH to appoint honest judges. My thought would be if the dog has a problem the handler most likely knows it, but if he thought he got had than he got lucky. Id be happy to know what kind of judge I had before leaving the club house instead of driving and cutting loose just to get cheated.

Old Post 07-10-2018 12:19 AM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dont it also have to happen during hunt time?

quote:
WHEN DOES THE JUDGES AUTHORITY START???
Rule 9 a authority of the judge begins when he is officially designated and receives the score card. The authority of the judge ceases when the scorecard is turned in to the moh/hd.

Old Post 07-10-2018 12:22 AM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
I don't know that to be true. It says for fighting or attempting to fight than references definitions 18 attempting to fight showing aggressive behavior, interfering with another dog. Doesn't say wait until you have to take the other dog to the vet, than scratch the mean dog.

For attempting to fight they have to interfere with the dog. Cant interfere with a dog on a leash. So the dog has to actually make contact with the dog to be scratched.

Home Of:

Old Post 07-10-2018 01:45 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B-52 Bomber
UKC Forum Member

Rule 6b is pretty clear. Should be scratched and reported.

BENTON LA

Old Post 07-10-2018 03:54 PM
B-52 Bomber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B-52 Bomber Click here to Send B-52 Bomber a Private Message Click Here to Email B-52 Bomber Find more posts by B-52 Bomber Add B-52 Bomber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:
For attempting to fight they have to interfere with the dog. Cant interfere with a dog on a leash. So the dog has to actually make contact with the dog to be scratched.

WRONG! GROWLING IS SHOWING AGGRESSION, JUST LIKE IF YOU GET IN ARGUMENT, AND THREATEN SOMEONE, YOU ARE SHOWING AGGRESSION. DON'T HAVE TO HIT THEM TO GO TO JAIL.

Old Post 07-10-2018 04:41 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:
WRONG! GROWLING IS SHOWING AGGRESSION, JUST LIKE IF YOU GET IN ARGUMENT, AND THREATEN SOMEONE, YOU ARE SHOWING AGGRESSION. DON'T HAVE TO HIT THEM TO GO TO JAIL.

Respectfully you are wrong sir.

Yes growling is aggression but they must either 1. Fight or 2. Attempt to fight. According to UKC the official definition of attempting to fight the dog must show aggression AND interfere. If he doesn't interfere he can show as much aggression as he wants. It is NOT a scratch until he does both or until he actually makes contact and fights.

That's the rule.

Old Post 07-10-2018 05:12 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:

You should read the rule real careful before you get all excited. You can only scratch them for aggression if there is also interference. You can not interfere with a dogs ability to hunt or tree when they are on the leash.

Home Of:

Old Post 07-10-2018 05:14 PM
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:
You should read the rule real careful before you get all excited. You can only scratch them for aggression if there is also interference. You can not interfere with a dogs ability to hunt or tree when they are on the leash.

INTERFERE WITH WHAT?

VERBATIM:

1) SHOWING AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR AND 2) INTERFERE WITH ANOTHER DOG(S) DURING AUTHORITY OF JUDGE.

SO, DID HE INTERFERE WITH THE DOG'S ABILITY TO PROCEED TO TRUCK AND LOAD? DID HE INTERFERE WITH DOG'S ABILITY TO TRAVEL UNMOLESTED TO THE HUNTING AREA?

SOME FOLK THINK IT HAS TO BE DURING HUNT TIME, WHEN THIS IS NOT THE CASE. WHAT IF THEY HAVE TO BE LOADED IN BOX TOGETHER?

AND I'M NOT GETTING EXCITED.

Old Post 07-10-2018 06:16 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:
INTERFERE WITH WHAT?

VERBATIM:

1) SHOWING AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR AND 2) INTERFERE WITH ANOTHER DOG(S) DURING AUTHORITY OF JUDGE.

SO, DID HE INTERFERE WITH THE DOG'S ABILITY TO PROCEED TO TRUCK AND LOAD? DID HE INTERFERE WITH DOG'S ABILITY TO TRAVEL UNMOLESTED TO THE HUNTING AREA?

SOME FOLK THINK IT HAS TO BE DURING HUNT TIME, WHEN THIS IS NOT THE CASE. WHAT IF THEY HAVE TO BE LOADED IN BOX TOGETHER?

AND I'M NOT GETTING EXCITED.

......I bet this guys a ball on a cast. Don't confuse me with the facts, my minds made up.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-10-2018 06:41 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
......I bet this guys a ball on a cast. Don't confuse me with the facts, my minds made up.

FACTS

THIS IS MY POINT. SEEMS FACTS ARE NOT FACTS. NOT MANY EXPERTS KNOW THE RULES, INCLUDING JUDGES AND MOH'S. FROM A CURRENT MOH AND 5 GENTLEMEN WITH 50+ YEARS EACH OF COON HUNTING, WE HAD 2 INCLUDING THE MOH THAT HAVE GREAT DIFFICULTY WITH ASSIMILATION.

I PARTICULARLY LOVE WHEN THEY "QUOTE" UNDER THE CANOPY OF THE TREE. SOUNDS SOPHISTICATED, BUT NOT IN THE BOOK.

THE POINT OF THIS POST IS TO SHOW JUST HOW MANY MISINTERPRET THE RULE BOOK.

Old Post 07-10-2018 07:00 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:

Best example I've seen today. But I'm afraid you're on the wrong side of it.

Old Post 07-10-2018 07:12 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:
FACTS

You just misinterpreted the rules, a dog can be scratched from the time the judge receives the card until he turns it in. You have that part correct but in your example the dog can not be scratched.

(b) For fighting or attempting to fight* during the authority of the Judge. When the
aggressive dog is known, scratch the aggressor only. If not known, scratch dogs
involved. Withdrawing to avoid dog being reported for fighting is not permitted.

Attempting to Fight: 1) Showing aggressive behavior and 2) interfering with
another dog(s) during the authority of the Judge.

They are not talking about loading in the truck. They are talking about hunting and treeing.

Home Of:

Old Post 07-10-2018 07:18 PM