UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > English: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Hooper Ridge English
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

You guys crack me up, LOL!! I'm gonna take the pup tonight by herself. I'm expecting a big fat "F" from her but maybe I'll get pleasantly suprised, but I'm not holding my breath on that>>

She is making every tree but not treeing with the authority I want to see, so I'm gonna give her a chance to show me what she can get done by herself. Now this ought to be interesting, LOL!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-06-2012 08:41 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CEDAR GLEN
UKC Forum Member

WELL...

HOW DID SHE DO?

"Home of the High-Lonesome Hounds"

"REMEMBER, THE STONE AGE DID NOT END BECAUSE THEY RAN OUT OF ROCKS!"

"A MANS EGO IS A HEAVY BURDEN FOR A HOUND TO BEAR!"

GRAND NITE CH PR CEDAR GLEN HIGH-LONESOME BLAZE (WILCOX THUNDER BLUE X GRIZZLY daughter)

PUP: Cedar Glen High Lonesome BANSHEE(BACKYARD L E X IZZY)

BEAGLE: Lucy

Old Post 12-07-2012 11:28 PM
CEDAR GLEN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CEDAR GLEN Click here to Send CEDAR GLEN a Private Message Find more posts by CEDAR GLEN Add CEDAR GLEN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Well Jerry Lee, she got a big fat (F) in my book. She did tree a coon, BUT!!! She failed to open on the ground. She run the track about 400 yards and never mande a peep on the ground. She's gonna have to get her mouth open better than that or she won't be treeing coons in these hills of Hooper Ridge for very much longer, LOL!!

She does open in company, though not an over abundance of track mouth. So I'm still evaluating at this point, LOL!!

Are you training any up and coming wonders ???

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-08-2012 09:34 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CEDAR GLEN
UKC Forum Member

Concentrating on two ...which we both know means neither one of them is getting the time they need...you hunted with the FIREBUG gyp a few Years ago x HARDTIME SWAMPDOCTOR...BEST PAIR I'VE EVER HAD! I sold both picks out of KATE x BLAZE so I could Keep both if that tell's you anything:-)

"Home of the High-Lonesome Hounds"

"REMEMBER, THE STONE AGE DID NOT END BECAUSE THEY RAN OUT OF ROCKS!"

"A MANS EGO IS A HEAVY BURDEN FOR A HOUND TO BEAR!"

GRAND NITE CH PR CEDAR GLEN HIGH-LONESOME BLAZE (WILCOX THUNDER BLUE X GRIZZLY daughter)

PUP: Cedar Glen High Lonesome BANSHEE(BACKYARD L E X IZZY)

BEAGLE: Lucy

Old Post 12-08-2012 11:03 PM
CEDAR GLEN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CEDAR GLEN Click here to Send CEDAR GLEN a Private Message Find more posts by CEDAR GLEN Add CEDAR GLEN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jerry Lee, Keep me posted as to how they are doing. I love to hear about up and coming coonhounds!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-10-2012 11:31 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

Well my good friend from Point Pleasant is coming up tomorrow night if so long as my danged cold don't get me down. Nick likes the blue dogs and usually brings a pretty danged nice hound.

I look forward to taking a hunt with him as we have not gotten to hunt since last coon season. Ole Holly better get her act together for this one.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-19-2012 01:12 AM
RANDY GIBSON
UKC Forum Member

found this picture in an mag!!

he was a good lookin hound

Sunset Blue Ruby
Lightfoot Frostie
Sunset High Ridge Dan
Gone but not forgotten
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gibson's Sunset Luke
pkc.ch Gibson an Bates Sunset Buck
Gibson's Katie
Gibson's Ruby
304-320-7202

Old Post 12-19-2012 02:43 AM
RANDY GIBSON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RANDY GIBSON Click here to Send RANDY GIBSON a Private Message Click Here to Email RANDY GIBSON Find more posts by RANDY GIBSON Add RANDY GIBSON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas Randy, Thank You so much for finding that picture of Ole Deamon. I hadn't seen that picture in many, many years. I did have the good fortune of hunting with Deamon one night. He was a nice balanced hound on the night I hunted with him. This was probably 1979 or 1980. I took my young dog, Tree Banging Buddy who was directly out of Deamon and went to Mike Sheeks house. (probably not the correct spelling) Mike lived near St. Mary's, Ohio. This was right after the vey hard winter of 1977.

Well Ole Buddy was one heck of a quick locator, and an every breath treedog. Now buddy was only about 9 moths old but man was I proud of him if you know what I mean, LOL.

We cut them dogs in a little patch woods near Mikes house, and Ole Buddy went in there and slammed a tree about 1 minute after I turned him loose, had all the old dogs shut out, and he was telling all who would listen, just how proud of this tree he was. Mike told me "man that pup just did one heck of a job". I said sounds like he just treed a possum to me as there was no track, he simple came treed. Mike told me, "awh Dave you don't have to worry about that, I haven't treed a possum here since the hard winter of 77, I think they all froze to death. That dog has just treed a coon on all these old dogs." Well wouldn't you know it when we got to that tree Ole Buddy was sounding strong, but he had just treed the ONLY Possum that had been treed in that area in the past two to three years. Man was I dissapointed, but that is coon hunting. Just when you get so full of yourself that you cannot stand it any longer, the Good Lord has a way of bringing you back to reality, LOL! Absolute True Story, But Again, Thanks so much for posting that picture of Ole Deamon. I sure like/liked that line of dogs!!

Take Care!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-20-2012 03:31 PM
hardtymes
UKC Forum Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS DAVY BOY !!

COONHUNTER =since 1969 RETIRED>2010
<>OVER THE HILL TRAINER! !! 606-286-4690

Old Post 12-20-2012 04:48 PM
hardtymes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hardtymes Click here to Send hardtymes a Private Message Visit hardtymes's homepage! Find more posts by hardtymes Add hardtymes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas too Dave!! What a blessing it is to have my family close during the upcoming holiday. I'm truely blessed by a wonderful wife who understands my love of our sport. I'm absolutely blessed to have all my children healthy and close by and coming for a visit. And I am also very blessed to have friends such as you, to share in this wonderful sport of coonhunting.

Hope your having a wonderful hunting season. I know it has been so much fun for me as Holly & Gun have been firing on all cylinders, LOL!!

Good to hear from you, Take Care!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-21-2012 04:21 AM
Bruce Brenning
UKC Forum Member

MERRY XMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY........

Old Post 12-22-2012 03:45 AM
Bruce Brenning is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Brenning Click here to Send Bruce Brenning a Private Message Find more posts by Bruce Brenning Add Bruce Brenning to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas to You all as well Bruce!! Hope all has been good for you in the tmber. What are you hunting now??

We need to get out one night as soon as this weather breaks. Take Care!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-22-2012 07:48 PM
Bruce Brenning
UKC Forum Member

lost my female to the road a few wks ago...

Old Post 12-22-2012 10:39 PM
Bruce Brenning is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Brenning Click here to Send Bruce Brenning a Private Message Find more posts by Bruce Brenning Add Bruce Brenning to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nitro223
UKC Forum Member

HUCK

Dave I took Huck hunting again tonight with a another guy and his hound. Here is a picture of a Huck treed solo on a coon after he ran it just over 500 yards. He opened good with a huge bawl mouth using it just the right amount. He located with a bawl my 8 year old granddaughter could have called. Then switched to a solid loud chop. He hammered the tree for about 15 mins before I got to him. He treed 3 more times tonight solo-gonna be real independant- he does his own thing if he thinks he has a track-even if other hounds are opening. If he trees he is there even with other hound trailing nearby. I think he working out great here-thanks for giving me a chance with him.

Old Post 12-23-2012 05:18 AM
Nitro223 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nitro223 Click here to Send Nitro223 a Private Message Click Here to Email Nitro223 Find more posts by Nitro223 Add Nitro223 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas Mark. I'm so glad to hear Ole Huck is startin to turn the crank. He sure is a pretty rascal all stretched up on that tree. I really appreciate the update. He sounds like a blend of both his mother and father. Gun has that big ole locate that everybody knows when he comes treed. Holly never knows there is another dog in the woods, and it sound like Huck has a little of both these traits. Thanks so much for trusting enough in these hounds to give this pup an opportunity to make a coondog.

Please keep me updated as I love to hear how he is progressing.

P.S. Thanks for the invite, I'll come out your way for a hunt and watch hime work (live) so to speak, LOL!!

Again wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-24-2012 01:44 AM
bub25177
UKC Forum Member

DAVE

DAVE MY ORVILLE DOG GO BACK TO THE WHITT'S BLUE JIM AND WHITT'S RANGER AND WHITT'SBLUE LADY AND WHITT'S BLUE NELLIE

PR BUB'S SILVERTONE ORVILLE

Old Post 12-24-2012 03:31 AM
bub25177 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bub25177 Click here to Send bub25177 a Private Message Click Here to Email bub25177 Find more posts by bub25177 Add bub25177 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

bub25177

Hey there my friend, I sure would like to hear more about your dogs. I absolutely loved the Whitts Blue Jim cross I made back in 1981 (I think).

Do you know how to put a pedigree on here? If so I would love to look at one. Maybe we can get together and take a hunt some time. I don't think St. Albins is all that far from me.

Merry Christmas to You and your family!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-24-2012 07:49 PM
bub25177
UKC Forum Member

torman's little mercy....silvertone hammer in 1993

.........boyds little joe
.......bates blue kash
..........bowmans lady bird
.....whitt's blue jim
...........brewers red river spot
.........parkers rambling sue
...........lanes old satan
whitt's ranger
...........lewis drum
.........angus ranger
............blue angus daisy may
.......whitt's blue lady
............bates blue kash
..........gibson's blue lady bug
............angus nancy
torman's little mercy............breed to hammer in 93
.............blackmons red joe
...........pinehill true boy
..............shelbys cry baby
.........sugar creek j.r.
...............beshears blue boy II
...........littlers copper penny
...............springbrook red jodie
whitt's blue nellie
................woodards buck
.............blue boy II
.................red bayou jane
.............howell's chocolate chip
..................boyd's little joe jr.
...............pigeon river sue
...................pinehill little gertie

Old Post 12-24-2012 10:28 PM
bub25177 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bub25177 Click here to Send bub25177 a Private Message Click Here to Email bub25177 Find more posts by bub25177 Add bub25177 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Good Looking pedigree!! Do You still have any of that blood around??

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-24-2012 10:48 PM
bub25177
UKC Forum Member

go to my post BUB SILVERTONE ORVILLE

LOOK AT ORVILLE PEDIGREE AND BUB'S MIDNIGHT ROSE IS ON IT TO IF YOU CAN CALL ME FOUR GENERATION BACK
...............WILCOX THUNDER SAINT NICK
.....COAL MTN PLAIN JED.............SILVERTONE HAMMR
...............COAL MTN PLAIN JANE
......................................................TORMAN'S LITTLE MERCY
BUB'S MIDNIGHT ROSE...MOM...TO..ORVILLE

BUB CASDORPH

304 590 4895

Old Post 12-25-2012 05:51 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bud, I see there is a lot of Silvertone breeding in your hounds. Is that what goes back to Billy Whitt's breeding??

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-25-2012 11:41 PM
bub25177
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
Thanks Bud, I see there is a lot of Silvertone breeding in your hounds. Is that what goes back to Billy Whitt's breeding??
yes he goes back to WHITT'SBREEDING

Old Post 12-26-2012 12:42 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bud for calling me tonight, I sure did enjoy the conversation. Lets do get together when the weather warms and gets a little more predictable. Good hunting to you, hope it has been a wonderful season for you!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-27-2012 02:48 AM
terry_goforth
UKC Forum Member

Nitro223

Nice looking dog.

Old Post 12-27-2012 08:33 AM
terry_goforth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for terry_goforth Click here to Send terry_goforth a Private Message Click Here to Email terry_goforth Find more posts by terry_goforth Add terry_goforth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bub25177
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
Thanks Bud for calling me tonight, I sure did enjoy the conversation. Lets do get together when the weather warms and gets a little more predictable. Good hunting to you, hope it has been a wonderful season for you!!
WILL DO DAVE GOOD HUNTING TO YOU

Old Post 12-27-2012 10:44 PM