UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > pup problem
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ball1966
UKC Forum Member

pup problem

I have a 8 month old pup that hasen't been around any dogs very much but is real good with people. He has only been around 5 or 6 dogs since he was a baby. I decided to take him with some dogs to get him use to them but the problem is he will chase them and try to bite. The first time he chased another pup and nabed at his rear a few times but never bit him. After he smelled the other pup a while they got use to each other and everything was fine the rest of the night with the other dogs as well. The big problem is when I take him with different dogs he does the same thing. So far I have been able to catch him before anything happened and put him an the lead. Going to the truck leading him he will walk along beside other dogs and never bother them. I am puzzled and very concerned about this. Has anyone ever heard of this or have any suggestions other than what I am thinking ? Down the road !!!!!!

Last edited by ball1966 on 05-30-2010 at 08:35 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-30-2010 05:03 PM
ball1966 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ball1966 Click here to Send ball1966 a Private Message Click Here to Email ball1966 Find more posts by ball1966 Add ball1966 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like the pup needs time with other dogs to learn how to act. It's probably just trying to play.

Old Post 05-30-2010 09:33 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boonetreecoon
UKC Forum Member

I had a pup that would do that. I got my old dog I knew wouldn't fight growl or anything and put them in there for a week. And kept switchin it up different pups old dogs whatever I had that week and havnt had no problem since.

Sorrells screamin fred

Old Post 05-30-2010 10:10 PM
boonetreecoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boonetreecoon Click here to Send boonetreecoon a Private Message Click Here to Email boonetreecoon Find more posts by boonetreecoon Add boonetreecoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cajincain
UKC Forum Member

sounds to me like you need a shocking coller and just lightly remind him not to do that. its simple and fast if properly implimented

Old Post 05-31-2010 09:05 AM
cajincain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cajincain Click here to Send cajincain a Private Message Click Here to Email cajincain Find more posts by cajincain Add cajincain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote