UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Here is one I need Your Opinion on!!
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

With all truth to the matter you boys are kidding yourself on a lot of these issues. We made the final 4 of the good springs pro hunt a couple years back. We drew several dogs along the way I'm sure y'all have heard of. Clone, meltdown,elistone, and 3 sum to name a few. We were were on 4 cast and we had the highest score one night of any hound of 450plus. She had 3 off by herself that round. But overall it was best dog work I've ever seen by all the hounds. 17 coons were scored in 4 cast and no dog was ever on a tree together. And that's in a geographic region with about the same coon population as where last years ukc wld hunt was held. So even though scores were not high a lot of coons were treed. Some people loose sight of that. You can be in thin coons and score 4 coon and 75+ win the cast.

The bottom line is this. If you want a world class hound this is what you need. A dog that goes hunting and trees coons consistently. And one that recuts and does the right thing. I'm telling you that's what separates the winners from the backyard ukc and backyard $$$$ hunts. It's as much of what they do as it is what they don't do. A world class hound can't have a major hole. An elite hound is in another Category if there own. That's one born every 5-10 years. They will have it all do it extremely fast.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-16-2018 03:39 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
It is even more disheartening when you draw out with a little puppy that trees coons all over the woods while yours is cocking his leg to pee.

But when you are the one leading that pup the looks on evrybody elses face is priceless!

Old Post 01-16-2018 04:03 PM
dean jamerson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dean jamerson Click here to Send dean jamerson a Private Message Click Here to Email dean jamerson Find more posts by dean jamerson Add dean jamerson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

I love how all these people put down the other kc because of the ability to win you're cast with minus or circle. I guess these people have never had a bad night. All a person can do is win there cast. As far as cheating goes there will always be cheating in any type of competitive event. My experiences are different than a lot that have commented previously. I have seen way more cheating for a trophy than when there was $30,000 on the line. As far as the different type scores that come in from hunting different registrys at the same location. The scoring system has a lot to do with it that has done been mentioned. In my experience the ability to win with minus or circle has resulted in people more willing to accept there minus when they have it coming to them. I just wish a lot of these people that bad mouth the other kc' would put there money where there mouth is. A lot of them have never even participated in the other events.

Old Post 01-16-2018 06:48 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

How much have you won vs spent in the $$$ kc's Johnny reb ?

Tar

Old Post 01-16-2018 08:24 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Yadkintar I like most have spent a lot more $$ than I've won. I'm not putting down any of the kc's. I do have a preference of which I would rather hunt. My comments are directed at the people that have never participated in any of the other kc's, and always have something to say about not having to have plus points to win. There was just a big thread on cheating.do you think if the rules were changed to just having to win you're cast that would stop some of it? I believe that would stop some of it. There's too many people that don't want to take there minus and to many trees circled. Because you have to have plus.

Old Post 01-16-2018 09:37 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
How much have you won vs spent in the $$$ kc's Johnny reb ?

Tar

Tar. Some of us go to have fun and if we win it's an added bonus.

Old Post 01-16-2018 09:38 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Lol no i am just being curious I wanted to see if I was the only one that lost his rump lol. Hey I used to go to the $$$ hunt every year those porkchop sandwiches were the bomb enjoyed the visiting too and I will probly go back now that I don't have to hit the clock anymore. Although I don't know anybody at those hunts anymore most are way younger than me lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-16-2018 10:03 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Tar,
You'll be surprised if you go to the PKC world hunt. I bet there were just as many gray hairs as not my friend. I'm talking guys in mid 50's to up around late 60's.

Old Post 01-16-2018 10:08 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I went last year and a bunch of youngsters wore me slap out. My old dog treed a coon about 200 yrds from us. I was winning and there was 5 min left to hunt. Then a dog that one youngster was hunting came treed 1.4 miles through the country and had a.coon to beat me by 25. I had to run to keep up with them going to that dog. So Tarbaby don't listen to them. Hunts of that caliber are for the youngsters.

Old Post 01-16-2018 10:34 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stonewall24
UKC Forum Member

A different generation

It ain't hard to make a dog a grand nite anymore. With entries down at hunts and every club has 5 or more hunts now. People pay handlers to go and grand dogs out for their pedigrees. I know a lot of nite ch, grand nite ch, that r me to dogs and want tree a coon on there on even if you tired to help them. I like to hunt and title mine just like anyone. But I don't look at the titles anymore I pay attention to a dog being a coon dog. I look at PKC champion s the same way.

Old Post 01-16-2018 10:42 PM
Stonewall24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stonewall24 Click here to Send Stonewall24 a Private Message Find more posts by Stonewall24 Add Stonewall24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
I went last year and a bunch of youngsters wore me slap out. My old dog treed a coon about 200 yrds from us. I was winning and there was 5 min left to hunt. Then a dog that one youngster was hunting came treed 1.4 miles through the country and had a.coon to beat me by 25. I had to run to keep up with them going to that dog. So Tarbaby don't listen to them. Hunts of that caliber are for the youngsters.

I will just sick Corey on them I will stay at the truck and hoot them out lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-16-2018 10:49 PM
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Better have a BIG HOOT

Tar U dun forgot these new models hunt DEEP and LONELY nose up and getting it. so you better carry two hoots with you. I started to say hooters but I knew where that was going.

Old Post 01-17-2018 12:45 AM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
What's dumb about it josh you want me to bump his stud add up to the top so you know who he is. You ever won $$$ with minus I bet yes and you took it too !! The rules state in ukc you must have plus points there is no plan b the year bozz won the world hunt there was two dogs in that final cast that didn't have a plus point all week and they didn't in that final cast either just set out there in your shed and make squallers and giggle leave the hunting up to sombody that knows what they are doing lmbo.

Tar

Best post ever

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-17-2018 01:03 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That is what it takes these days, a young guy handling and an old guy furnishing the dog and backing him up.

Old Post 01-17-2018 03:20 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
That is what it takes these days, a young guy handling and an old guy furnishing the dog and backing him up.
yep

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-17-2018 04:54 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by N Williams
Tar. Some of us go to have fun and if we win it's an added bonus.

You keep asking this question so I'll tell you what I personally have spent. $0! Not a dime!! Not a penny. I ain't been doing it as long as some I started in February of 2014 in the hunts. Lifetime earnings is somewere around $24,000 in one kennel club and around $11,000 in the other. I've got about 20 yellow slips of paper and a few trophy's from this one.
But it is costly for a man to run the roads. I'm lucky to have a partner that ain't scared to spend it. I dont go to them all but I do my homework before I go if the project ain't looking right we don't go. When we do go we get our picture took. Plain and simple. We do get beat and will continue to get beat from time to time. I have fun at most hunts but the god awfulest group of guys I ever seen to get along with were from this kc!! That's a fact with nothing on the line but a trophy I've hunted in final casts with thousands on the line and not ever had a bad experience there. You do the math

Old Post 01-17-2018 07:32 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

So the reason you haven't lost any because you ain't spent any he has ? I would hate to think what I have lost since the beginning of $$$ lol.

Tar

Those porkchop sandwiches ain't cheap and I eat two at a time.

Old Post 01-17-2018 11:59 AM
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

UH HU

Mash the starter and the motor will start. See now we know, start late with a BIG backer and away you go. Man the snow has got us grounded around here all those northerners that have moved here and can drive on snow are wrecking like crazy around here, how do i know that well all us old southern boys will use any excuse to stay home na may go hunting but ain't gonna go to work in this mess.

Old Post 01-17-2018 01:30 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Coonhunters have to be the strongest bonded group out there. There are so many things that seem to want to divide us and we are not shy and being vocal on our opinions.

We have so many different reasons to see things differently and one thing we can find common ground on at the end of the night.
We have this kc and that kc to discuss
We have this breed and that breed to discuss
We have lights to discuss
We have squallers to discuss
We have male dog or female dog to discuss
We have young generation and old generation to discuss
We have different economic levels to our hunting
We have dog food to discuss
We have dog medications to discuss
We have genetics to discuss
We have what gun to use to discuss
We have boots to discuss
We have rules to discuss
List goes on but getting tired.

The one thing in common that brings all this together at the end of the night. A coon in a tree.
Happy, Happy, Happy.

How can so many people with a common goal to put a coon up a tree have so many different ideas on how it should be done. How can so many people with the common goal to put a coon up a tree own so many dogs that won't. It is just a coon, and its just a tree which is their normal place to be when not on the ground. Just think if we wanted our dogs to do something hard.

Old Post 01-17-2018 01:36 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bruce you left out donuts and porkchop sandwiches those are really important to me if I got those I don't need a coon in a tree lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-17-2018 02:01 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Mr Conkey, we can finally agree on something. We can agree to disagree.

Old Post 01-17-2018 02:51 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
.... I have fun at most hunts but the god awfulest group of guys I ever seen to get along with were from this kc!! That's a fact with nothing on the line but a trophy.......

Apparantly you don't understand the intangibles that go along with that trophy... pride, self esteem, standing in the coonhunting community, power... just to name a few. In that other KC there is only money involved. And you can always win more money the next night.

Old Post 01-17-2018 03:01 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Well I guess it's different for everybody but I still do it like I was taught to if I have a prospect I hunt alone a lot then before I go to any hunt I hunt with every crazy dog I can and I don't watch my garmin I watch my stop watch when after a lot of work and a lot of hunting I have confidence in that dog I compete this is the way I was taught back when it was a lot of time between hunts and it still works for me and at 59yrs old I still love that big ole shiney trophy just as much as the first one I ever got far as $$$ I was there when all that $$$ stuff started and the truth is you got to have $$$ to make $$$ and a good dog helps anybody tells you any different is fooling nobody just leave the house with a good dog and no $$$ and see how far you get !!

You can't snow the snow man.

Tar

Old Post 01-17-2018 04:36 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
.... just leave the house with a good dog and no $$$ and see how far you get !!
You can't snow the snow man.
Tar

So now you are the snowman. Should we start calling you scarface?
Just leave the house with a pile of money but without a good dog and see what you come home with. But of course, you could still have a lot of fun.

Old Post 01-17-2018 04:55 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Old age and experience Richard you know how the game is played all the way from the beginning of the $$ stuff and a good bit of ukc till now but I still like to play the game occasionally lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-17-2018 05:38 PM