UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > GRNITECH 'PR' Uchtman's So. Blue Hawk - Stud Dog Thursday
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Trevor / UKC
Administrator

GRNITECH 'PR' Uchtman's So. Blue Hawk

For this week’s stud dog, we are shifting over to the blue side. Bluetick that is. And while GRNITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So. Blue Hawk hasn’t produced the most puppies for the bluetick breed like Lipper and Rooster had for their respective breeds, he does have the most titled dogs on his resume similar to Ace that we highlighted last week.

Hawk was born in May of 1981 and was owned by Lonnie Uchtman of Missouri. Hawk’s first litter was born in July of 1983 while he was just two-years old and he was bred steadily until his last litter was born in January of 1990. With all the notable Bluetick hounds that have the name Uchtman attached to them, I wasn’t surprised to see one on the Top Reproducer’s list.

Hawk’s 2nd litter to hit the ground helped establish him as a reproducer right off the bat. This litter, born July 13, 1983 out of Hawk and NITECH GRCH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s Blue Cheater produced 13 pups with 5 of them finishing out to NITECH or better. Those titled dogs include, NITECH ‘PR’ Wallis’ So. Blue Drum, GRNITECH CH ‘PR’ Perdue’s Blue Lite, GRNITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So. Blue Eagle, GRNITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So. Blue Jackie, and GRNITECH GRCH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So. Blue Jessie. Later that same year, still as a two-year old, Hawk produced a litter of 7 pups with ‘PR’ Uchtman’s Blue Sack that saw 4 of them finish out. Those dogs were, NITECH CH ‘PR’ Wilt’s Blue Hawk, NITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So. Sandy, NITECH ‘PR’ Reidy’s Blue Joleen, and NITECH ‘PR’ Sinor’s So Blue Jane.

In May of 1984 Hawk’s reproduction numbers continued to rise as a litter hit the ground out of him and NITECH ‘PR’ Stowers’ Blue Sadie Mae that had 4 of the 7 pups finish with a hunt title. Those dogs were, GRNITECH ‘PR’ Jones’ Boeuf River Hawk, GRCH GRNITECH ‘PR’ Stoney Creek Blue Lite, NITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s Blue Thunder, and GRCH GRNITECH ‘PR’ Hartwick’s Bluesky Lesa. It is important to note that at this point, I have mentioned 3 of Hawk’s first 5 litters. For the record that is 16 of 30 puppies from his first 5 litters attaining a nite hunt title. No wonder he became such a popular reproducer.

Fast forward just a couple of months and another notable litter was born in July of 1984 out of Hawk and NITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s Blue Bell. Out of the 10-pup litter, 6 finished to NITECH or better. Those 6 were, NITECH ‘PR’ Uchtmans So. Blue Lacy, GRNITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s Blue B.A., NITECH ‘PR’ East Texas Blue Rambler, NITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So. Bl. Jack, GRNITECH ‘PR’ Dump Road Eazy, and CH GRNITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So Blue Hawk Jr. This same cross out of Hawk and Bell happened again in February of 1987 and produced another 10 puppies with 4 of them finishing out. Those four were, NITECH CH ‘PR’ O’Neal’s Blue Locket, NITECH ‘PR’ Jet’s Belle Star, CH GRNITECH ‘PR’ Poudre River Bl. Kari, and the young dog Lonnie has on his ad with Hawk below, GRNITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s Blue B.J. Bell whelped 38 pups with 14 of them earning titles. Impressive!

Though I could mention many more litters, I am going to conclude this week’s article with these two litters from 1989. In January of 1989 Hawk and GRNITECH CH ‘PR’ Russell’s Blue Misty produced a litter of 11 pups with 7 pups finishing out. Those dogs were, NITECH GRCH ‘PR’ Hubbard’s Mid-Ohio Dozer, NITECH ‘PR’ Dark Hollow Doc, NITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So. Bl Kitten, GRNITECH ‘PR’ Prairie Creek Blue Kitty, NITECH ‘PR’ Russell’s Blue Dee, GRNITECH ‘PR’ Little Lady, and NITECH ‘PR’ Blue Belle. Later that year in May of 1989 a litter out of Hawk and NITECH ‘PR’ Smiley’s Rock Ann hit the ground with 6 of the 12 pups finishing out. Those dogs were, GRCH GRNITECH ‘PR’ Hall’s County-Line Hank, GRNITECH GRCH ‘PR’ Smokey River Blue Thunder, NITECH ‘PR’ Smiley’s Blue Dominek, NITECH ‘PR’ Smiley’s Blue Zeus, GRNITECH ‘PR’ Leech’s Blue Frosty, and NITECH ‘PR’ Leech’s Patch.

Hawk’s Pedigree:

------- CH GRNITECH ‘PR’ Beans Ranger
--- NITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s Blue Rebel
------- GRNITECH ‘PR’ Uchtmans Blue Fly
GRNITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So. Blue Hawk
------- GRNITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So. Bl. Ranger II
--- CH GRNITECH ‘PR’ Uchtman’s Blue Carol
------- Pardon’s Blue Ghost

Hawk’s Reproduction Record:

Number of Pups: 914
GRNITECHs: 25
NITECHs: 72
GRCHs: 20
CHs: 46

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-04-2022 05:21 PM
Trevor / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trevor / UKC Click here to Send Trevor / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Trevor / UKC Find more posts by Trevor / UKC Add Trevor / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Maybe a different litter. But there was also GrNtCh Choctaw Rambo that was out of the Hawk/Russels Misty' cross.
These dogs have such genetically fixed traits that they reproduce on just about everything they are crossed on.
I got my first Uchtman bred hound in the 80's
She is in many pedigrees today.
She was out of the Uchtmans Lacy female in your article that I later bred to Mid Ohio Dozer also named in your article. Wonderful coonhound that also reproduced .
Also owned a female out of the Choctaw Rambo that was Dozers brother.
This line of dogs are intelligent, natural tree ,and early starting.
Real nice balanced line.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Old Post 08-04-2022 10:24 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Enjoy these post mr Trevor.I am now a devoted blutick hound hunter.It surprises me .Ive always hunted walkers and english mostly.I stumbled up on this line of bluedogs and have 3. 1 male 2 females.They are as mr Bizich discribes the Utchman line of hounds to be and are hard tree dogs.Mine are mostly Smoky River bred.Do the Utchman hounds go back to smoky River?

Last edited by Georgeb on 08-06-2022 at 01:39 AM

Old Post 08-05-2022 03:09 PM
Georgeb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

Nitech stower's blue Sadie Mae

Sadie Mae was also bred to nitech uchtman's blue rebel (hawk's sire) and produced some heavy hitters

Old Post 02-11-2023 05:39 PM
BluBritches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluBritches Click here to Send BluBritches a Private Message Find more posts by BluBritches Add BluBritches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Jackie and BJ

I was lucky enough to own Jackie and BJ two of the best I ever walked behind.

Old Post 02-12-2023 06:32 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Solid Northern
UKC Forum Member

HAWK

Great article …. Undisputed top reproducer Hawk !
Along with Utchman’s Scout too , well done !

Last edited by Solid Northern on 02-15-2023 at 12:22 PM

Old Post 02-14-2023 02:08 AM
Solid Northern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Solid Northern Click here to Send Solid Northern a Private Message Find more posts by Solid Northern Add Solid Northern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny altman
UKC Forum Member

i owner several nice dogs out of hawk. i never seen a pup out of him that wasnt a coon dog

www.altmanspressurewash.com

Old Post 02-14-2023 03:30 AM
johnny altman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny altman Click here to Send johnny altman a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny altman Visit johnny altman's homepage! Find more posts by johnny altman Add johnny altman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote