UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Crossbreed ??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

Crossbreed ??

With some top end hounds comeing from crossbreed breedings I was wondering if these crosses were intentional or accidental and just happened to work out??

Just curious.

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-21-2010 06:34 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

I'd guess some are accidental until they work out, then they become intentional.

Old Post 01-21-2010 06:36 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I'd guess some are accidental until they work out, then they become intentional.

I would guess you are right Jim. I wonder how a pup from a "crossbreed" gets the chance it deserves if it was unintentional.

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 01-21-2010 07:07 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy

Good topic. With all of the world beater crosses being made and other crosses from top hounds that produce pups that never get a fair shake, makes a guy wonder who actually takes the time to put effort into a crossbred pup from an accidental litter?

This message board is full of dogs for sale from proven winners and titled parents and enrolled in all the pup programs, that have never seen the world past the end of its chain or outside of its kennel.

Old Post 01-21-2010 07:29 PM
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Ron are you finally considering backing Muppet up to Hank? Or did Boo get knotted up with T????

Lone Pine North

Old Post 01-21-2010 07:30 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy

I do believe most the crossbred winners we've heard about have come from intentional crosses. (Half Breed Jessi, Getahead Lil Red, Tenn Hardrock).

And by some of the men that have pushed those dogs, its no suprise that they won on the level they have.

Old Post 01-21-2010 07:32 PM
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Forest
Ron are you finally considering backing Muppet up to Hank? Or did Boo get knotted up with T????

Guess you'll see in 57 days......

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 01-21-2010 07:34 PM
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

You'll be the one going in the bucket...

Lone Pine North

Old Post 01-21-2010 07:36 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

I bet.

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 01-21-2010 07:37 PM
John D
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Briar
I wonder how a pup from a "crossbreed" gets the chance it deserves if it was unintentional.

I think you're getting warmer....

It makes for some good sizzle, and face it, the sizzle sells the steak.

Who won the Grand American last year or who was PKC's previous all time money winner? I have no idea. But I bet alot of people know what dogs occupy those spots, now.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 01-21-2010 07:47 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote