UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ole dry pond dogboxs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jordan Smith
UKC Forum Member

Ole dry pond dogboxs

Who all uses a dry pond dogbox? Lookin for pros and cons? I live in southern Indiana and not sure how dogs Will do in box with it not being insulated

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-07-2017 12:34 PM
Jordan Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jordan Smith Click here to Send Jordan Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Jordan Smith Find more posts by Jordan Smith Add Jordan Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildcat3
UKC Forum Member

I've got one and love it. It's light weight but built very well. I got the mode with no storage for the fact it's lighter and I like a box to sit low in my truck so I can see over when looking in the mirror. I'm in the south so some cedar shavings and closing the vents is all the insulating I need. One flaw I'd point out if I had to would be the latches leave a little to be desired, I keep a dog lead snapped in them at all times. Overall I love the box and would not hesitate to buy another one.

Old Post 09-07-2017 01:10 PM
wildcat3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat3 Click here to Send wildcat3 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildcat3 Find more posts by wildcat3 Add wildcat3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I have one and don't want anything else. Lightweight and solid. When shut up no air gets thru so I think it is fine in cold weather, bit I don't hunt when it's 10 outside, lol.

Old Post 09-07-2017 03:23 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DFred
UKC Forum Member

I just got one of these at AO. I did add a small eyebolt, chain, and snaps (all stainless) to keep the latches secure when the tailgate is down. Also got nice pads that fit the box perfect to keep dogs off the metal floor. I'm more concerned about heat than cold when transporting my hounds. I'd say more have died from being hot and not having enough air than freezing. This box has plenty of ventilation and can be closed in a few seconds if needed. Winter door covers are also available. The construction is very solid for a lighter weight box and will last forever in the elements. No welds to crack. No wood to rot. Damaged panels could easily be replaced. Some people would like to see the top come insulated but I'm not sure it needs it. The storage drawers are nice too. Big enough to get your froglegs in and misc. other stuff.

Old Post 09-07-2017 10:17 PM
DFred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DFred Click here to Send DFred a Private Message Find more posts by DFred Add DFred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lonesomedog1
UKC Forum Member

Who sells them boxs? Im interested.

Old Post 09-08-2017 01:19 AM
lonesomedog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lonesomedog1 Click here to Send lonesomedog1 a Private Message Find more posts by lonesomedog1 Add lonesomedog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Ole Dry Pond

Ole Dry Pond sells through these fine distributors
_
Name:
Nichols Store
Address:
1980 Mt Holly Rd, Rock Hill, SC 29730
Phone:
Email:
customerservice@nicholsstore.com[/email]
http://www.nicholsstore.com/

Name:
Dog Food Center
Address:
832 Main Street, West Columbia, SC 29170
Phone:

_
Name:
Harris Hound Supply
Address:
1155 W. State Rd, 68 Haubstadt, IN 47639
Phone:

_
_
Name:
SunRy’s Archery and Outdoors, LLC
Address:
1442 Torrey Rd, Fenton, MI 48430
Phone:
Email:
info@sunrysarchery.com
http://sunrysarchery.com

Dellinger Enterprises, LTD. © 2016. All Rights Reserved. / 6213 Wilkinson Blvd. - Belmont, NC 28012 - (704) 825-9687 / [email]sales@oledrypond.com

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 09-08-2017 02:29 AM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lonesomedog1
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Old Post 09-08-2017 04:53 AM
lonesomedog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lonesomedog1 Click here to Send lonesomedog1 a Private Message Find more posts by lonesomedog1 Add lonesomedog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jordan Smith
UKC Forum Member

Box

Thanks guys I will be buying one of these boxes in the near future. I have talked to ole dry pond and they are going to be making a box with spray in insulation in the top for anyone tht would like the insulation

Old Post 09-08-2017 12:20 PM
Jordan Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jordan Smith Click here to Send Jordan Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Jordan Smith Find more posts by Jordan Smith Add Jordan Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Sure would like to see a picture of one of these I never heard of them.

Old Post 09-08-2017 04:37 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

You can go to their website and see plenty of pictures.
http://www.oledrypond.com

Old Post 09-08-2017 05:24 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Old Post 09-08-2017 05:49 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnderdawgKennel
New UKC Forum Member

This is a very old thread, just stumbled across it. Curious as to how your boxes have held up since. Do you still have them?

Old Post 04-02-2021 07:03 PM
UnderdawgKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnderdawgKennel Click here to Send UnderdawgKennel a Private Message Find more posts by UnderdawgKennel Add UnderdawgKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PreacherTom
UKC Forum Member

Still using mine with no problems. Would buy again if I ever need another box.

Old Post 04-02-2021 10:30 PM
PreacherTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PreacherTom Click here to Send PreacherTom a Private Message Click Here to Email PreacherTom Find more posts by PreacherTom Add PreacherTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
den tree 2
UKC Forum Member

Insulated

U can get thèm insulated ...powder coated mine is...

Old Post 04-04-2021 02:16 AM
den tree 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for den tree 2 Click here to Send den tree 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email den tree 2 Find more posts by den tree 2 Add den tree 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

If you all consider the Old Dry Pond lightweight I would sure hate to help you move what you call heavy

Old Post 04-04-2021 03:22 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Koe Wetzel
New UKC Forum Member

Worst investment I’ve made in a while. Had an Owens bottom storage box for 15 yrs (no issues) and decided to get a lighter box and these looked nice. I never take a box out of my truck and only drive that truck at nights and on weekends, and the vibration has made all the rivets fall out all the way around the bottom. So I then had to invest in a riveter, drill bit and rivets.

Old Post 04-17-2021 10:39 PM
Koe Wetzel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Koe Wetzel Click here to Send Koe Wetzel a Private Message Find more posts by Koe Wetzel Add Koe Wetzel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Lash
UKC Forum Member

Old Dry Pound

Mine is a couple years old now, it's great, half the weight of my old one , keeps dogs warm in winter and cool in the summer, very good investment in my eyes. Has Dan's pads in it and is very easy to keep clean. I would buy another one.

Old Post 04-17-2021 10:51 PM
Bill Lash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Lash Click here to Send Bill Lash a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Lash Find more posts by Bill Lash Add Bill Lash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Old Dry Pond

Highly recommend it. It is expensive. But, it should be the last box I ever have to buy.

But, much easier to load and unload.

That said, I did make one mistake. I got the 36x46 box (which actually goes a little deeper than that into your truck bed). With a 5.5 ft. bed, my crossover toolbox doesn't fit. They do offer what they call a 36 special (which would allow room for the toolbox). Just something to think about for those considering buying one.

Old Post 04-21-2021 03:36 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PreacherTom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Koe Wetzel
Worst investment I’ve made in a while. Had an Owens bottom storage box for 15 yrs (no issues) and decided to get a lighter box and these looked nice. I never take a box out of my truck and only drive that truck at nights and on weekends, and the vibration has made all the rivets fall out all the way around the bottom. So I then had to invest in a riveter, drill bit and rivets.

Really don't know what the deal is. I have had mine for about 5 years and haul it all the time in a 4 WD Ranger truck. Have not had any issues with it. Every rivet is still tight. Don't think I will ever need to buy another box. Hunt 4-6 nights a week. Mine does not have any storage so that might make a difference.

Old Post 04-21-2021 03:40 AM
PreacherTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PreacherTom Click here to Send PreacherTom a Private Message Click Here to Email PreacherTom Find more posts by PreacherTom Add PreacherTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote