UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rewarding a Dog
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

https://m.petmd.com/dog/conditions/...heterobilharzia
This is the one his was diagnosed with I believe. Not really common in our area more of a farther south thing his dog most likely contracted while hunting in a hunt in he south.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-02-2019 09:11 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

You are such a nice person, always trying to help someone. I am impressed with your knowledge of dogs and their health issues. You seem to be well read on different subject matters and do not hesitate to help others. I have a house dog with allergies and thanks to your info about the subject, mine is doing fine. My wife is very supportive of my coonhunting and helps me with the dogs care, but does not get involved with the other aspects if our sport. I am very pleased that you are totally involved in coonhunting and give so much of your time to benefit our sport. If I were closer, I would love to hunt out of your local club, I know you guys have a blast. Dave

Old Post 08-02-2019 09:14 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Thank you Dave. If you ever do come this way look us up, if you ever travel I 44 from Missouri into Oklahoma you will go right past here.
After 27 years of being a coonhunters widow and 18 of having pups that come in from all to run loose not to mention all of ours learning has been a necessity. You will rarely find me watching TV I'm usually reading something - medical journals, books and crazy news lol. Glad something I mentioned helped your house dog.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-02-2019 10:01 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

You are welcome, your post about giving a dog allegra for allegories was very helpful to me, as one of my house dog has summertime allergies. We gave her allegra and it seems to work just fine. If I am ever out your way, I would love to stop by and visit, thank you very much for the invitation. I would also, like to extend an invitation to you and your family to visit me if you ever get in my neck of the woods. Dave

Old Post 08-03-2019 05:30 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Reward?

Jen and Tar , I ain't sure about this fella , he sounds kind hokey to me , maybe fishing for the hsus { do not know him but the questions are rather suspect to being counterfeit} or something , but to answer his question , my dogs get rewarded by me petting them on the head and saying good job. , and during season I will shoot one or 2 out a night DEAD RIGHT THERE no matter the number treed. And my dogs are slow enough to have caught about a 1/2 dozen grown coon on the ground since March all boars that wanted to run and not climb. I ain't shooting no lactating sows with babies out or any kitten coon. It's against Jerry Clowers religion and mine. JMHO and S/FI!

PS and I know I am late to this conversation , have not been on in a while.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 08-04-2019 03:01 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

I give mine a dog bisket after we walk away from every tree with a coon in it, you might laugh but my dog do pretty good with this method. in ill. we cant shoot any coon out in the summer.

Old Post 08-04-2019 01:06 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What kind of dog biscuit?

Old Post 08-04-2019 04:17 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Shepherd_
Hasn't came in heat and her appointment is tomorrow at 10:30.

So, what did the vet say?

Old Post 08-06-2019 01:18 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shepherd_
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
So, what did the vet say?

She tested negative for any tick born diseases and worms. The vet did see she has a skin infection. She is on a antibiotic for now.

We'll see what happens.

NITE CH 'PR' FLINT STICK II.

Old Post 08-07-2019 02:27 PM
Shepherd_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shepherd_ Click here to Send Shepherd_ a Private Message Click Here to Email Shepherd_ Find more posts by Shepherd_ Add Shepherd_ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Mark V.

Ya right, give me a frickin break!!! Just buy a box of CBs & treat your dog. Roxz got several 'treats', while he was here. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-07-2019 04:22 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote