UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Fiest in Wisconsin or the Upper Midwest
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Fiest in Wisconsin or the Upper Midwest

I was at a coonhound nite hunt the other night and I got to talking to one of the cast members and he had an interest in the fiest dogs. Just checking to see who else up in this neck of the woods has fiests or who may have an interest in these great little dogs. My first one I got over 3 years ago and she is hell on wheels with a squirrel but is also one of the nicest (and smartest) house dogs we have ever had. They are different from all of the Jack Russels, Rat terriers, fox terriers that we have had in the past. I am in no way an expert on these dogs but would like to learn more myself. I think alot of hunters are missing out on enjoying the fiest dogs up here.

I would have an interest in working with some hunters up here on UKC hunts, breeding, training and pleasure hunting these little guys.

This is my 3 year old female Pebbles. She goes back to Cadillac breeding. She is NKC registered as a Mountain Fiest and I will be registering her UKC also.

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-20-2015 12:29 AM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tsbtater
UKC Forum Member

I squirrel and coon hunt with curs but if you want to get some interest in feists in your area you should haul Pebbles down to Iowa and breed her to Byron Walkers "Dancer" dog. He's a nice little unit. Byron's been searching for a good female to get some pups off of him.

Then get them pups in the hands of the hunters in your area.

PM me and I can get you Byron's contact information.

Old Post 10-20-2015 06:59 PM
tsbtater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tsbtater Click here to Send tsbtater a Private Message Click Here to Email tsbtater Find more posts by tsbtater Add tsbtater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tsbtater
UKC Forum Member

Also there is the Iowa Tree Top Cur & Feist Club in NE Iowa that has a handful of competition hunts each year. Just had our last one for this year this past weekend in Strawberry Point, IA. And a club in Plainview MN has a hunt each spring also. Come check them out, spectators are always welcome.

Old Post 10-20-2015 07:06 PM
tsbtater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tsbtater Click here to Send tsbtater a Private Message Click Here to Email tsbtater Find more posts by tsbtater Add tsbtater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the Reply

I appreciate the information.

Take Care,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 10-20-2015 09:11 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curs12
UKC Forum Member

Brandy Ender in Sparta WI, used to raise cadillac jack bred fiest and he had a few pretty good ones, i'm not sure what he has anymore.

Old Post 10-20-2015 11:46 PM
curs12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curs12 Click here to Send curs12 a Private Message Click Here to Email curs12 Find more posts by curs12 Add curs12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by curs12
Brandy Ender in Sparta WI, used to raise cadillac jack bred fiest and he had a few pretty good ones, i'm not sure what he has anymore.

Do you have his number?

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 10-21-2015 03:21 PM
tsbtater
UKC Forum Member

608-487-5617

Old Post 10-21-2015 03:27 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Thank You

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 10-21-2015 03:39 PM
CARL GUDGEON
UKC Forum Member

feist

I would like to have one again they are fun.

NT CH GR F CH CH'PR' RED FEVER CHIEF -

'PR' GUDGEON'S TAKE A CHANCE - POINTS TOWARDS CH and WCH

Nt Ch GR CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S CLYDE "JUNIOR" AND POINTS TOWARD FT CH

'PR' GUDGEON'S LIVING THE DREAM (Dreamer) 2 1st place wins
PR GUDGEON'S MAGGIE
CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S WILD WILLY
PR GUDGEON'S Fog Horn
PR GUDGEON'S JACK
'PR'GUDGEON'S SING ALONG DANCE

Old Post 10-22-2015 08:52 PM
CARL GUDGEON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CARL GUDGEON Click here to Send CARL GUDGEON a Private Message Click Here to Email CARL GUDGEON Find more posts by CARL GUDGEON Add CARL GUDGEON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cripple Creek 1
UKC Forum Member

THat is one great looking feist on that tree

Old Post 10-23-2015 04:26 PM
Cripple Creek 1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cripple Creek 1 Click here to Send Cripple Creek 1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cripple Creek 1 Find more posts by Cripple Creek 1 Add Cripple Creek 1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Re: feist

quote:
Originally posted by CARL GUDGEON
I would like to have one again they are fun.

Carl,
They are fun little dogs and smart as a whip. Hopefully we can get a few folks breeding and hunting some nice ones up here.
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 10-23-2015 07:47 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Pebbles

quote:
Originally posted by Cripple Creek 1
THat is one great looking feist on that tree

I must have caught they picture just right but I have to admit she looks good. An hour later she was curled up on my lap sleeping.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 10-23-2015 07:48 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

quote:
Originally posted by tsbtater
Also there is the Iowa Tree Top Cur & Feist Club in NE Iowa that has a handful of competition hunts each year. Just had our last one for this year this past weekend in Strawberry Point, IA. And a club in Plainview MN has a hunt each spring also. Come check them out, spectators are always welcome.

I have traveled farther for Coonhound events so it would not be too far to support these events. I am hoping we can get enough interest in an existing club up here to help this along up in Wisconsin. Although the Licensed hunts could be a part of it I am really looking to see if we could get some buddy hunts and a group of people that would be interested in working together to breed and hunt good dogs. Also to take part in the fellowship and satisfaction of developing some real nice dogs up here. I have received some nice PM's from some hunters out of state that are interested in hunting, etc. and that probably is going to need to be the start of producing some nice dogs up here and getting them in the hands of hunters and going from there. I will be the first to tell you I would not know a good fiest from a bad one in the woods because I have just one and never have hunted with another one so I have a lot to learn. Thanks for all of the reply's and keep them coming.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 10-24-2015 02:13 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Pebbles (23 pounds)

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 10-24-2015 03:59 PM
Red Fever
UKC Forum Member

This is funny. Our 10 year old loves to squirrel hunt, and we started talking about getting a feist just a few weeks ago. I think it will likely happen, just not sure when yet. Next year probably. I don't know if we would do competition hunts with it or not, but it would be nice to have the option. That's a nice little female there, Scott. Where did she come from? Can you post a pedigree? I've started doing some research on bloodlines, but I've got a ways to go.

Aubrey and Ann Butler

VISIT: http://redfeverredbones.tripod.com/

Check Out Our What's Available Page For Upcoming Litters

Home of:
GRNITCH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Jack Pine Duke (only current living Quad Grand)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Hot Iron Ox (October 2017 #6 Current Reproducer)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Gangsters Pair A Dice
GRNITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Ryders Red Fever Tater (2013 ARCA Overall Hunt Winner)
NITECH GRCH PR' Two Worlds Collide (2 wins towards GRNITE, pts toward FCH WCH, Former #1 Reproducer)
NITECH GRWCH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Fever Razor's Rip N Tear
NITECH GRFCH GRCH WCH Red Fever Ain't Going Down
NITECH GRCH PR Tree Rizin' Razor's Lil' Ghost
NITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Fever Full of Mischief
NITECH GRFCH PR Red Fever Phantom By Moonlight
NITECH FCH GRCH PR Goza's Sing Along Country Girl
NITECH GRCH PR Red Fever Let Er Rip Taterchip
NITECH WCH GRCH GRFCH PR Red Fever Baby Likes To Rock
FCH CH PR Red Fever Rip Tearn' Beast Mode (wins toward NITECH, WCH)
WCH CH PR Red Fever Beware The Ricochet (wins toward FCH, NITECH)

****We use and recommend BLAZER Lights****

Last edited by Red Fever on 10-24-2015 at 04:53 PM

Old Post 10-24-2015 04:50 PM
Red Fever is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Fever Click here to Send Red Fever a Private Message Click Here to Email Red Fever Visit Red Fever's homepage! Find more posts by Red Fever Add Red Fever to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curs12
UKC Forum Member

Steve Mcandrews in Iowa has a nice line of fiest also

Old Post 10-24-2015 05:45 PM
curs12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curs12 Click here to Send curs12 a Private Message Click Here to Email curs12 Find more posts by curs12 Add curs12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1deadeye
UKC Forum Member

Try David Woofter out of Ohio. Good guy. He's on the Bluetick board.

Scott

Home of,
PR Nitech Leinie Red Ryder
PR Jan Da Red Ryder Butcher ( JJ )

Old Post 10-24-2015 10:21 PM
1deadeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1deadeye Click here to Send 1deadeye a Private Message Find more posts by 1deadeye Add 1deadeye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Fiest

Aubrey,
Good to here from you. I think if you get a fiest you will like them. They are neat little dogs. I got Pebbles from Brad Colley out in Ohio about 3 years ago. I will post a pedigree but she has Cadillac Jack and Kruz breeding in her. If you watch the board it looks as though Dave Woofter and Jesse Luther seam to know a lot about the Fiests and their breeding. I have a lot to learn about these little guys but I sure like them. Hope if you get one you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

curs12 and 1deadeye thanks for the info. Dave I knew through the blue dogs and Steve McAndrews I do not know but hope to meet some knowledgeable fiest people in the future.

Thanks,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 10-24-2015 11:03 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Feists

Jessie has been at this longer than I. Aubrey My favorite line is Kruz's Radar as that's what I hunted with in the past and had good luck with. I also like the Pistol Pete stuff. If I can be of any help ask. Scott has a nice looking female there. I would like to hook her up with Brownie sometime for a pup. Brownie is my favorite feist Period. But I am loving my dark Brindle pup. LOL! I have two broke squirrel dogs and two pups. The Pistol pup on here is out of my two broke dogs. Dave

Old Post 10-25-2015 03:42 AM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

Re: Feists

quote:
Originally posted by david woofter
Jessie has been at this longer than I. Aubrey My favorite line is Kruz's Radar as that's what I hunted with in the past and had good luck with. I also like the Pistol Pete stuff. If I can be of any help ask. Scott has a nice looking female there. I would like to hook her up with Brownie sometime for a pup. Brownie is my favorite feist Period. But I am loving my dark Brindle pup. LOL! I have two broke squirrel dogs and two pups. The Pistol pup on here is out of my two broke dogs. Dave

I like the pistol pete and cadillac jack bloodlines myself, I have some of kruzs radar in some of my dogs as well. I also have some cauley, and combs blood in my dogs. I jave been crossing them back and forth with good results. If you jave any questions on bloodlines or pedigrees make a post about it and I will try to help.

I hear a lot of good about the mcandrews line of feist.

Hunt em hard, cull em harder

Old Post 10-25-2015 04:00 AM
Luther's Fiest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luther's Fiest Click here to Send Luther's Fiest a Private Message Click Here to Email Luther's Fiest Find more posts by Luther's Fiest Add Luther's Fiest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks for everyones input.

I here about a dog called Joe Black. What do you know about him as far as bloodline, hunting style, etc.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-06-2015 08:24 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Pebbles and Hammer

Pebbles helping me work with a young male on a turned loose squirrel

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-14-2015 10:00 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Pebbles and Hammer

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-14-2015 10:04 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Pebbles

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-14-2015 10:10 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Hammer (30 lbs)

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-15-2015 01:24 PM