UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Young dog
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

Young dog

I’ve got a young dog that’s 15 months old. She treed her first coon at 11 months old and has treed a few more since then , but she hadn’t treed anything in over a month! She runs track, but having trouble at the tree! She might bark up couple of times but never locks down ! It’s like she’s went backwards instead of forwards!?
Any ideas of what I should do? The only thing I can think of is I’ve haven’t been able to get a coon out on her since March! I’m sure that’s a lot of her problem!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-18-2019 12:13 PM
rdmedders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdmedders Click here to Send rdmedders a Private Message Click Here to Email rdmedders Find more posts by rdmedders Add rdmedders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

PUT HER UP FOR A WHILE

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 07-18-2019 06:13 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
qchounds
UKC Forum Member

There is a lot of scent out there with the kittens out... It's hard for a young hound to make sense of 4 or 5 tracks crisscrossing the timber. At least she is wanting to be sure instead of grabbing every enpty tree along the way....
What I've done in the same situation is follow close and when u see the dog check a tree and start to tree, tie her up there and check. If coon seen, encourage her and give it to her. Nothing like a little fur to boost her confidence.

Old Post 08-16-2019 04:27 AM
qchounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for qchounds Click here to Send qchounds a Private Message Click Here to Email qchounds Find more posts by qchounds Add qchounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

It's also really hot right now.....can't imagine the heat in Alabama. She could just be overheating. Lot easier for a dog to trail in the heat than it is for them to tree. Lymes or other tick diseases could also contribute. I would wait til it cools off a little and see what happens.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 08-16-2019 08:51 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote