UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Questions?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Everybody seems to love Birdseye which is a satellite image of the area. Please remember these are not real time images. You can download birdseye youtself. But for many this is beyond the ability of their equipment or their computer skills. For those there are the state birdseye cards that you just install.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-11-2018 11:30 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markwood
UKC Forum Member

alpha

heh bruce my son went out last night and that collar completely quit working wont turn on at all i guess my next step is to contact garmin imgonna ask about original problem too if they give me an answer ill post it thanks again for all your help

Old Post 06-12-2018 12:48 PM
markwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markwood Click here to Send markwood a Private Message Click Here to Email markwood Find more posts by markwood Add markwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Mark

Old Post 06-12-2018 01:14 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Mark

Old Post 06-12-2018 01:14 PM
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Bruce guy I hunt with is having problems with his alpha. While viewing the screen it will flash bright then be normal then flash

Old Post 07-14-2019 03:20 AM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jmiller85
UKC Forum Member

Why do i sometimes lose all my maps
have nothing but a dark blue screen
still will show all tracks but no imagery roads or topo
I aways have to do a factory reset to get my maps back on
this usually happens once a month
stinks when it happens in the middle of a hunt

Old Post 07-14-2019 04:04 AM
Jmiller85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jmiller85 Click here to Send Jmiller85 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jmiller85 Find more posts by Jmiller85 Add Jmiller85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Try clearing out your old tracks and archived tracks more ofter. I find the best way to handle tracks it to use the Trip ?Reset. People ask why. Because it shows you the precentage of data used and they your really know if that's the problem. Above 80% and many of the common problems people have start showing up.
Also sit down one day and remove all the archived tracks. Some people have years worth on the Handheld.

Old Post 07-14-2019 11:48 AM
coonhunter, MO
UKC Forum Member

changing Garmins

Bruce I have a 320 and have birdseye and down loaded maps, I want to change to a Alpha, after registering with garmin , can I use the sd card with maps down loaded in the Alpha ? if I buy a State card, Can you change cards in the Alpha for different areas to hunt?

Old Post 07-14-2019 09:57 PM
coonhunter, MO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter, MO Click here to Send coonhunter, MO a Private Message Find more posts by coonhunter, MO Add coonhunter, MO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yes. The cards are interchangable. Downloaded birdseye is also interchangable as lomg as the subscription you downloaded is active and the device has active subscription. Any problems and calling garmin at 1800-800-1020 should solve them.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 07-14-2019 at 11:36 PM

Old Post 07-14-2019 11:28 PM
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Bruce a friends alpha will flash bright then return to normal and repeat.

Old Post 07-26-2019 04:01 AM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Bruce a friends alpha will flash bright then return to normal and repeat.

Old Post 07-26-2019 04:01 AM
UKC Forum Member

Bruce I am not very techy, is there a way to change mine alpha 100 from feet to yards? At this time it shows my dog feet from me rather then yards.

Also if my collar beeps when I hit the tone buttion will it also shock when I hit that button. It seems like I have had it where it didn't do either one before.

Old Post 07-26-2019 04:20 AM
150 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 150 Click here to Send 150 a Private Message Click Here to Email 150 Find more posts by 150 Add 150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The alpha from the home page under units has several way you can set it up to read distance.

The one most people have setup starts out if feet when they are very close and then goes to yards and at about .6 miles it swaps to miles. Does all that automatically.

There are several set ups on the training button. Best to watch some Youtube video. Not going to disagree that yours don't shock with you hit the tone button but the setup I have the tone button tones.

Old Post 07-26-2019 11:32 AM
UKC Forum Member

I have asked this before but I don't recall how to fix it. I have a solid straight purple line on my Alpha handheld, how do I remove it?

Thanks

Old Post 12-22-2019 07:27 PM
150 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 150 Click here to Send 150 a Private Message Click Here to Email 150 Find more posts by 150 Add 150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Stop navigation

Old Post 12-22-2019 11:47 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Stop navigation

Old Post 12-22-2019 11:47 PM
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Michigan map card

Bruce I posted a question for you , I thought I posted it here but didn't. The heading is Michigan map card. If you get a chance to read it and can help I'd be greatful. Thank you

Old Post 12-23-2019 03:55 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmerrill
UKC Forum Member

Alpha problem

My Birdseye maps have recently started freezing up. When I try to change my view from 250 to 150yds for example it freezes up for a while and just turns to a blank screen. Also when I go from page to page or try to move the map over with my finger to keep the dog on the screen. When it does come back up some blocks of the map aren’t on there for a while. I checked my SD card and it’s in place and I deleted all my current (it was at 92%) and most of archived tracks. The dog pointer page works fine and I’m using I right now. Any help appreciated.

Old Post 12-27-2019 01:52 AM
mmerrill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmerrill Click here to Send mmerrill a Private Message Click Here to Email mmerrill Find more posts by mmerrill Add mmerrill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Deleting all those tracks should have helped a lot

Old Post 12-27-2019 12:29 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Deleting all those tracks should have helped a lot

Old Post 12-27-2019 12:29 PM
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

I have a brand new tt15 collar used 1 time worked fine. Next time I used it was in and out . Tonight was fine for 30 minutes then lost GPS signal.

Old Post 12-29-2019 01:45 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Communication was 100% 0 gps

Old Post 12-29-2019 01:49 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Its under warranty. I would get another one.

Old Post 12-29-2019 02:16 AM
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

I got it from you about 2 months ago

Old Post 12-29-2019 03:13 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Just send it back a put your name and addresss with phone number in the box. When we receive it we will send another one out to you.
Just send the collar. No need to send the chargers and accessories.

US mail to:

Conkeys
PO Box 984
Hastings, Fl 32145.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 12-29-2019 at 11:55 AM

Old Post 12-29-2019 11:48 AM