UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Tribute to the Original Johnson's Banjo
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Any news Bobby on Mr.Reddick ?

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-2012 02:35 AM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Nothing good chuck. Waiting to hear more. I'll let you know.

Old Post 12-11-2012 03:52 AM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
Remember Crowding Billy 's Littermate sister ,, This next clue should give it to you ,,, This stud had like 2200 puppies . Thats enough for today ,,,lol
Anyone ?? Anyone ??,,,lol

Old Post 12-22-2012 05:03 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wingpatch
UKC Forum Member

ANYONE

YOU GUYS ALL TALKEN ABOUT THEM OLD WALKER DOG GUYS KNOW OR EVER HEAR THE NAME PAT PATTERSON OF MISSOURI , HE MOVED TO OREGON BACK IN THE EARLY 60S AND BROUGHT WITH HIM SEVERAL BANJO BRED DOGS.. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT HE WAS HOBB MEYERS BROTHER-IN -LAW..PAT PATTERSON AND JACK SHEPARD WHERE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAD WALKERS IN OREGON WAY BACK THEN..........

CROOKED RIVER DUDE... 5/14/04--2/20/12.....[ PLOTT ]

GASCONADE RIVER GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLIE [ TOAD & MOLLY ANN ] ENGLISH

HONEST OPEN MOUTH, STAY PUT TREEDOGS.. THAT CATCH GAME.....

573-765-5461

****I USE AND RECOMMEND LEMS LIGHTS***

Old Post 12-22-2012 05:57 PM
Wingpatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wingpatch Click here to Send Wingpatch a Private Message Click Here to Email Wingpatch Find more posts by Wingpatch Add Wingpatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Re: ANYONE

quote:
Originally posted by Wingpatch
YOU GUYS ALL TALKEN ABOUT THEM OLD WALKER DOG GUYS KNOW OR EVER HEAR THE NAME PAT PATTERSON OF MISSOURI , HE MOVED TO OREGON BACK IN THE EARLY 60S AND BROUGHT WITH HIM SEVERAL BANJO BRED DOGS.. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT HE WAS HOBB MEYERS BROTHER-IN -LAW..PAT PATTERSON AND JACK SHEPARD WHERE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAD WALKERS IN OREGON WAY BACK THEN..........
I would say a Mr. Don Holum would know about that ,,he lived out in that neck of the woods and kept Banjo bred dogs up close for years.

Old Post 12-22-2012 06:11 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Re: ANYONE

quote:
Originally posted by Wingpatch
Wingpatch did you ever find any info about this ??

Old Post 01-06-2013 10:36 PM
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Reddick is back in the hospital. Doesn't look good.........

Old Post 01-06-2013 11:35 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Reynolds
Reddick is back in the hospital. Doesn't look good.........
I hate to hear that news Bobby .

Old Post 01-06-2013 11:50 PM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Black and Tan

quote:
We got a few guys asking about the B&T in the Banjo history , So get to work History Nutt ,,,lol,,where you hiding at now ?

Just saw this post, and no answer to the Black & Tan yet.

My answer: Lawson's Hoss.

Hoss sired Guthries Deacon and Tenn Deacon (sire of Tenn Wheeler).

Old Post 05-17-2013 03:20 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Re: Black and Tan

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
Just saw this post, and no answer to the Black & Tan yet.

My answer: Lawson's Hoss.

Hoss sired Guthries Deacon and Tenn Deacon (sire of Tenn Wheeler).

Hello Mr. Dave ,how's the world treating you , Good I hope, You been hiding pretty good ,hard to stumble across any of your posts ,you need to stop by more often ,

Old Post 05-17-2013 03:03 PM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Chuck

Things are going pretty good. Lots of projects around the house. Got to find reasons to play on the tractor.

When I get on the computer now, I'm usually checking out baseball sites. I follow the baseball draft like others follow the football draft.

Good luck with your Mac dogs. I know of a couple nice Mac dogs around here.

Old Post 05-21-2013 03:40 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Old Post 10-04-2013 03:32 PM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Glad you brought this back up.
I enjoyed reading it again. Thanks Chuck.

Old Post 10-04-2013 08:00 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ssgied
Glad you brought this back up.
I enjoyed reading it again. Thanks Chuck.

Your welcome Matt. Thought I might see if mark10 or Bobby or History Nutt might jump back on it too. Good thread .

Old Post 10-04-2013 10:33 PM
Ruby54501
UKC Forum Member

Thanks you guys I really love that old bloodline. It was and will always be apart of my foundation bloodline. I kept it pure for a reason for over 25 years. Thanks Don wait till you see the two females we are crossing on frozen semen early 2014. My old Ruby dog was of that bloodline as was Drifter and when crossed with Mears' old foundation blood I couldn't ask for anything better. And still to this day I have the same hunting quality on track as well as tree. Have a great day everyone! I know that I still have that bloodline. I wish I would of kept frozen semen the dogs in my past. Bruce is to be collected when we go for the breeding soon. We have Nancy linebred bred Radar due in Dec 3 to Bruce but we are sold for the next three litters. Again have a good one! I love that old blood!

UKC and AKC reg.
Hunted on bear,coon and all cats from the west coast to the east coast and Canada.
Lets go hunting!
Mears' old Finley River & Spring Creek Rock bred hounds are what we hunt and breed.
True Sportsmen love the thrill of the chase and going to the tree not the point of kill. Fair chase!

Old Post 10-07-2013 07:32 PM
Ruby54501 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ruby54501 Click here to Send Ruby54501 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ruby54501 Visit Ruby54501's homepage! Find more posts by Ruby54501 Add Ruby54501 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Re: Chuck

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
Things are going pretty good. Lots of projects around the house. Got to find reasons to play on the tractor.

When I get on the computer now, I'm usually checking out baseball sites. I follow the baseball draft like others follow the football draft.

Good luck with your Mac dogs. I know of a couple nice Mac dogs around here.

Dave ,thanks for sending me that pedigree ,that dog really needs to be advertised at stud .

Old Post 10-08-2013 02:40 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Knock the cobwebs and dust off this . See if I can entice History Nutt out ,,lol

Old Post 06-24-2014 06:20 PM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

What generation could he be found in a pedigree now days?
I have a few shots in the seventh, of course pups and grandpups closer. Surely someone has kept some of this closer.

Old Post 06-25-2014 12:47 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
What generation could he be found in a pedigree now days?
I have a few shots in the seventh, of course pups and grandpups closer. Surely someone has kept some of this closer.

Matt, back in 95 or 96 I was looking at a pedigree of an old Nt.Ch. that had Johnson's Banjo 3 times in his 3rd gen . Kinda a long story why I didn't breed a young female to him but at any rate ,the guy that owned him had 2 young pups out of him that looked like a matched set of bookends . I would say if a man looked hard enough he might find Banjo in the fifth gen on some old dog hidden up a hollow somewhere .

Old Post 06-25-2014 03:19 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Blow the dust off this thread ,, where you hiding at HistoryNutt ??

Old Post 03-19-2015 07:15 PM
Redwood Hounds
UKC Forum Member

Can anyone tell me if GRNITECH Greggs Banjo Style was off Johnson's Banjo or a son? I have an old female, from an old timer here in CA, Charley Pankey, and he always talked about how she was heavy Johnson's Banjo bred. Looking at her 6/7 gen that appears correct.

REDWOOD'S TREEING WALKER COONHOUNDS
& LOUISIANA CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOGS
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/

NITECH CGRCH FCH GRCH 'PR' Redwood's All Night Aspen
(2014 #1 UKC Top Ten All-Breed Conformation Treeing Walker)
NITECH CCH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' Redwood's Wild Gamble

Old Post 03-20-2015 08:02 AM
Redwood Hounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redwood Hounds Click here to Send Redwood Hounds a Private Message Click Here to Email Redwood Hounds Visit Redwood Hounds's homepage! Find more posts by Redwood Hounds Add Redwood Hounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Greggs banjo style was by MC Ginnis banjo rock and out of Greggs old princess
Banjo rock was Big creek rock x Oak ridge stans sailor girl
Greggs old princess was Adams chief x Colvins Indiana queen
Banjo style was bred to a granddaughter of Merchants bawlie jr and produced Wicks stylish banjo

Old Post 03-20-2015 03:21 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Blow the dust off this thread ,, where you hiding at HistoryNutt ??

Old Post 05-15-2016 01:17 PM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Paul Gregg Deer Creek Banjo Style

quote:
Greggs banjo style was by MC Ginnis banjo rock and out of Greggs old princess
Banjo rock was Big creek rock x Oak ridge stans sailor girl
Greggs old princess was Adams chief x Colvins Indiana queen
Banjo style was bred to a granddaughter of Merchants bawlie jr and produced Wicks stylish banjo

If I remember correctly Paul told me that his uncle brought two dogs from Indiana that carried Mack Twain breeding that were the grandparents of Rowdy and the only reason that he called "Rowdy" Banjo Style was because he was a very loud treedog like a banjo dog.
Most of the popular stud dog owners used females from Rowdy to make their dogs reproducers. Is there anyone still breeding the old Deer Creek bloodline?

Old Post 05-16-2016 07:55 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trinket clark
UKC Forum Member

Great Thread,

I know I'm a little late but I just got done reading this thread and am so impressed with all the knowledge everyone is sharing. I felt like I was a kid again setting out in the wood shed listening to all the old timers talking about all the big name dogs in our area at the time. ( late 70's mid-eastern Illinois ) Good reading really enjoyed it. God bless and Good hunting to all.

~Where a man's word still means something & a handshake is all We need!!!

~Grntch Chestnut Grove Ben Semen(Full Brother to Uplinger's Joe & Son of Logan's Wild Clover x Sandy Creek Daisy) Not For Sale - Frank Hummel/Jason Clark

~Grntch Hardwood Whiner/Rolling Hills Hunter Semen(Son of Durbin's Rambler x Rolling Hills Jane) Not For Sale

~Dual ch.Brookshiers Finley River Driver(2007 Walker days 1st place & high scoring walker male sat) (Uncle Lee x Finley River Sally)
~3 Wins to Grand, Nitch Clark's Mr.Wilson HTX(Driver x Cane River Cry Babe) Qualified 2014, 2016 UKC World Hunt
~Brookshier's Finley River Salty (Grntch. Brookshier's Finley River Sting x Cane River Trudy,Trudy is a Littermate to Wilson and Sassy)
~Brookshier's Finley River Sniper (Driver x Kraviks Babe) Uncle niece cross
~Brookshier's Finley River Momba (Driver X Kraviks Babe) Uncle Niece Cross
~Nitch Cane River Sassy (Driver x Cane River Cry Babe)Qualified 2012 UKC World Hunt
~Clark's Finley River Spot(Finley River Zig x Ramblin Jane) Winer and Ramblin Jane are Brother&Sister
~Clark's Rolling Hills Skinner (Grntch Hardwood Winer x Clark's Finley River Spot)
~Nitch Brookshier's Crosscountry Gert. (Uncle Lee x Crosscountry music) Daughter of Lone Pine Dewey
~Nitch Brookshier's Finley River Viper(Uncle Lee x Finley River Sally)
~Brookshier's Fullblown Rage (Uncle Lee x Finley River Molly ) Daughter of F.R. Lonnie x Fulkerson's F.R. Suzy
~Clark's Little River (Grntch Shoemakers Gator x Grntch Shoemakers Lou
~Brookshier's Otter Creek Dan (Uncle Lee x Otter Creek Hanna, Daughter of Otter Creek Rusty)
~Brookshier's Little Lady (Uncle Lee x Otter Creek Hanna, Daughter of Otter Creek Rusty)
~Brookshier's Penns. Scooby (Denny Burn's Willie x Backwater Kate ,Uncle Lee's mother)

Old Post 03-21-2017 10:46 AM
Trinket clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trinket clark Click here to Send Trinket clark a Private Message Click Here to Email Trinket clark Find more posts by Trinket clark Add Trinket clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote