UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dogs and flower beds
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

Dogs and flower beds

How do you guys let your dogs run loose in the yard? i let my dogs out in our yard and while it anit much now this winter i am wanting to make a pathway from my front door to the dog kennel in the back. I also want to put some Humic Compost and try to make flower beds. i know i could train the dogs with the e collar to stay out of the flower beds but i dont want to sit all day by the window buzzin the dogs. Are there any products they sell at depot stores work? like them deals you put and it repels animals? I know if i get my yard lookin nice and them hounds dig it my wife will beat me and the dogs LOL

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-22-2015 11:31 PM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Duckassassin you might try spraying coon scent in the flower beds . Those blue dogs will go across it so slow they won't hurt a thing .lol jk.

Old Post 06-23-2015 12:52 AM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince
Duckassassin you might try spraying coon scent in the flower beds . Those blue dogs will go across it so slow they won't hurt a thing .lol jk.

Good thing, if I had walkers they prob try and tree on the tulips lol

Old Post 06-23-2015 05:01 AM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

LMAO

quote:
Originally posted by Duckassassin

Steve your getting way to good with your come back remarks I think I liked you better when you seemed young and impressionable. LOL

Old Post 06-23-2015 03:25 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

Re: LMAO

quote:
Originally posted by RLenhart
Steve your getting way to good with your come back remarks I think I liked you better when you seemed young and impressionable. LOL

LOL i got some good ones sometimes LOL

Old Post 06-23-2015 03:37 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince
Now that's funny right there!!!

Old Post 06-23-2015 06:10 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
And that's even FUNNIER, I got to say!!!!

Old Post 06-23-2015 06:12 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bar M
UKC Forum Member

You might try cayenne pepper. Buy the big bottle and sift it where they might dig or lay. This works on some dogs. Good luck.

Old Post 06-23-2015 07:20 PM
Bar M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bar M Click here to Send Bar M a Private Message Find more posts by Bar M Add Bar M to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bar M
You might try cayenne pepper. Buy the big bottle and sift it where they might dig or lay. This works on some dogs. Good luck.

Ill have to try that. i heard used coffee grounds and orange peels.

Old Post 06-23-2015 07:23 PM
jap's cr kennel
UKC Forum Member

You have to be careful there are a lot of plants toxic to dogs I used white rock my dogs haven't dug in the I do get presents in them from time to time

Old Post 06-23-2015 09:33 PM
jap's cr kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jap's cr kennel Click here to Send jap's cr kennel a Private Message Find more posts by jap's cr kennel Add jap's cr kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

im not gonna plant flowers, i just wanted to make flower beds LOL if that makes any sense.

Old Post 06-23-2015 11:44 PM
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

Run them at night and they sleep during the day lol

Old Post 06-23-2015 11:59 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dchartt
Run them at night and they sleep during the day lol

Its like 90 degrees at night LOL

Old Post 06-24-2015 12:25 AM
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

Cant be any cooler in the daytime!

Old Post 06-24-2015 03:13 AM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

Shoot no, suppose to be 106 tomorrow

Old Post 06-24-2015 03:32 AM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Shoot no, suppose to be 106 tomorrow
Wow,,that's warm,,,too warn for meee,,lol,,,only calling for mid to upper 70's here for the next 8 days,and the lows in the upper 50's to lower 60's,,good huntin weather

Old Post 06-24-2015 03:40 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jrkb2012
Wow,,that's warm,,,too warn for meee,,lol,,,only calling for mid to upper 70's here for the next 8 days,and the lows in the upper 50's to lower 60's,,good huntin weather

You know it's gonna be hot when I'm going to work at 6am and its 70 degrees already lol

Old Post 06-24-2015 04:16 AM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
You know it's gonna be hot when I'm going to work at 6am and its 70 degrees already lol
Yep,,lol,,now yesterday it got hot here,has been the last week,,even to hot to hunt,,it was still 76 throughout the whole night,,but now we got some cooler weather coming and I'm gonna take advantage of it,,My but is heading to the timber right now,,lol

Old Post 06-24-2015 04:30 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jrkb2012
Yep,,lol,,now yesterday it got hot here,has been the last week,,even to hot to hunt,,it was still 76 throughout the whole night,,but now we got some cooler weather coming and I'm gonna take advantage of it,,My but is heading to the timber right now,,lol

Enjoy it man and good luck

Old Post 06-24-2015 04:44 AM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Enjoy it man and good luck
Thanks,,I had a good time,,just now got in,,made 4 drops,,4 trees and seen 6 coon,,it was a good nite,,also seen 2 coon crossing the road

Old Post 06-24-2015 08:57 AM