UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Can a dog ?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: Sleepyhead

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
No, Tar starts something, gets in over his head and Jen Cummings has to bail him out. Lol. Serious, Jen is full of information about dogs and is wonderful about helping with problems or information. Dave

Dave would agree that if they are in cahoots, Jen is the brains and leader?

Last edited by sleepy head on 02-19-2020 at 11:17 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2020 10:46 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Sleepyhead

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Dave would agree that if they are in cahoots, Jen is the brains and leader?

Now what kind of question is that lol!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-19-2020 11:42 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I plead the 5th.

Tar

Old Post 02-20-2020 12:47 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
This is all very interesting. Thanks Jen for the info. My dog must not have this or maybe just doesn't know how to use it. I have killed two coons over the last year that fell dead in 2-3 feet of water. He couldn't find either one of them. Think I'll just sell him if he's gonna have extreme faults like this.
You have a sense of humor preacher Tom....I enjoyed that!

Old Post 02-20-2020 01:16 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I have tooted under water and when the bubbles came to the top I smelled it.

Tar

Tar,

You aren't suppose to bite the bubbles! 😂😂

Old Post 02-20-2020 02:19 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Sleepy head

I would definitely agree that Jen is the brains, way to smart to be in cahoots with Tar. I think she is playing the role of baby sitter when it comes to Tar, maybe me and a couple more on here. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-20-2020 02:51 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Sleepy head

quote:
I would definitely agree that Jen is the brains, way to smart to be in cahoots with Tar. I think she is playing the role of baby sitter when it comes to Tar, maybe me and a couple more on here. Lol. Dave

I am deeply heart stricken at the thought of being labeled a big dummy at the point I may never recover.

Tar

Old Post 02-20-2020 03:01 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dan

Tar said it was an acquired taste and besides it is just so much fun to bust the bubbles. Lol. Dave. Sorry Tar, getting cabin fever.

Old Post 02-20-2020 03:07 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Dan

quote:
Tar said it was an acquired taste and besides it is just so much fun to bust the bubbles. Lol. Dave. Sorry Tar, getting cabin fever.

Tar is minty fresh.

Tar

Old Post 02-20-2020 03:11 AM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
This is all very interesting. Thanks Jen for the info. My dog must not have this or maybe just doesn't know how to use it. I have killed two coons over the last year that fell dead in 2-3 feet of water. He couldn't find either one of them. Think I'll just sell him if he's gonna have extreme faults like this.

I think you actually missed both coon and while you were bragging about your 1 shot kills they swam away. LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-20-2020 04:03 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Sleepyhead

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Now what kind of question is that lol!

That was one of those, what they call a softball question

Old Post 02-20-2020 06:39 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

We about tapped out on stuff to conspire about y’all going to have to get more creative.

Tar

Old Post 02-20-2020 06:35 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I love a good conspiracy, JFK, the Twin Towers or even the new coronavirus any are up for debate.
I think here I'm a an interpreter for "Tar Speak", a southern Oklahoma coonhunter dialect that sometimes needs put into a language we can all understand!
With these holes in the roof of the mouth that allow for scent to travel into the nose how many dogs tree slick when in the water or have trouble following a track across water they have to swim? Has anyone saw a hound intentionally put it's mouth under to utilize this?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-20-2020 08:16 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

It’s pretty cool to have sombody you can call and always get the correct answer on medical or all the above questions on dog stuff either her or chey are very knowledgeable.

Or kinda like asking Siri on your phone how do you spell : superkalafradaulisticexpealadotios. And the voice says.........well that dagum shore ain’t it !!

Tar

Old Post 02-20-2020 09:33 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Thank you Tar, I'm glad to be of some help.
I would like to hear from some swim dog experts... tell me about the position of the head for the better/faster dogs. I realise that they are also trailing off of sight and scent through the nostrils. It has seemed to me that when dogs swim they have the head stretched out and the lower jaw is typically in the water which could be in their mouths nose completely out. My observations are more from dogs hunting in the wild swimming across bodies of water.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 02-20-2020 09:54 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Hope he don’t ahh well hope they protect him.

Tar

Old Post 02-20-2020 10:05 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

It's refreshing to see someone like yourself that has a quest for knowledge and shares what they learn with others. Never be content with what you know, always seek to learn all you can about the things you desire more knowledge about. We should always be learning until the day we die, we can never have to much knowledge, the brain is a powerful tool that we need to use, not waste. Dave

Old Post 02-20-2020 10:05 PM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I do know in still water the dogs just jump in and trail off the scent above the water...also I do believe dogs tastes buds are many times more sensitive than humans...it is my belief they can taste the scent they smell if fresh enough...

Old Post 02-21-2020 03:56 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Do they taste the scent when they trail a skunk?

Many years ago, I had a big walker dog who was super loud. I watched him run a coon out onto a boat dock. The coon jumped into the water and started swimming with my dog right behind him. They both went underwater. Big bubbles came to the surface and when they popped you could hear his big chop mouthed bark. And I am not making this up it actually happened. They both came back up and the coon made it to the other side of the slough where he climbed a tree with my dog right behind him.

Old Post 02-21-2020 02:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

Many years ago, I had a big walker dog who was super loud. I watched him run a coon out onto a boat dock. The coon jumped into the water and started swimming with my dog right behind him. They both went underwater. Big bubbles came to the surface and when they popped you could hear his big chop mouthed bark. And I am not making this up it actually happened. They both came back up and the coon made it to the other side of the slough where he climbed a tree with my dog right behind him.

Oh my goodness lol !!

Tar

Old Post 02-21-2020 02:36 PM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I do know they can make your eyes burn...

When I was a little kid I noticed where I should run my dogs in drought conditions and also in flooded conditions...

In flooded conditions me and my dogs hit the high ground and levees...my main dog that ran down or killed the game was a walker cross looking dog...my grandpa called him Pinto so the name stuck...Pinto was well trained to my commands as were the other dogs...

One day after lots of rain I headed out with my dogs...it was always fun to see the dogs run and catch rabbits in the water but on the levee they caught all kinds of critters...one day Pinto killed 5 skunks and he was slobbering at the mouth and the White part of his Pinto coat turned yellow with all that skunk perfume...

Farm and ranch was hard work back then but running my dogs about every day made it worthwhile...

Old Post 02-23-2020 03:37 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I do know they can make your eyes burn...

When I was a little kid I noticed where I should run my dogs in drought conditions and also in flooded conditions...

In flooded conditions me and my dogs hit the high ground and levees...my main dog that ran down or killed the game was a walker cross looking dog...my grandpa called him Pinto so the name stuck...Pinto was well trained to my commands as were the other dogs...

One day after lots of rain I headed out with my dogs...it was always fun to see the dogs run and catch rabbits in the water but on the levee they caught all kinds of critters...one day Pinto killed 5 skunks and he was slobbering at the mouth and the White part of his Pinto coat turned yellow with all that skunk perfume...

Farm and ranch was hard work back then but running my dogs about every day made it worthwhile...

Old Post 02-23-2020 03:38 AM