UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Dual Grand Champion Son's Northern Blue Doc
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bluetickman2002
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like you're having fun Ron
Did the ukc# I gave you help
Any luck finding the other female

pr swampland tiny(boomer x wezze)
pr swampland hank (nb levi X wezze )
pr swampland skeeter ( hank X tilly )
Bob Sietman 1-989-858-6455

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2016 03:53 PM
bluetickman2002 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetickman2002 Click here to Send bluetickman2002 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetickman2002 Find more posts by bluetickman2002 Add bluetickman2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Bob

Yes, we are having fun with Doc. Also have a couple of young dogs that are showing some promise. Trying to spend as much time in the woods as we can. I will let you know if I locate the other female. Thanks. RT

Old Post 02-26-2016 07:46 PM
Texas Ridge Blu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Texas Ridge Blu Click here to Send Texas Ridge Blu a Private Message Find more posts by Texas Ridge Blu Add Texas Ridge Blu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I do enjoy hunting this time of year also. No leaves makes a good hound look better. Jim Combs, Jake Hall & I had a tough hunt last night. Twenty degrees and a bright moon. Made a den tree and one tree with a coon & a slick tree. My gyp has issues hitting big water when it's cold and had me ready to trade her off last night. Jake has a muscle disorder in his neck that makes him use a neck brace to hold his head up. Combs & I wear an inner tube around our waist and all three are retired. Walking to one tree were .7 miles from the truck and didn't know if they would ever find us, lol.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 02-27-2016 03:04 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Dennis

Sounds like I might be able to keep up with you guys.

Friday night it was cool and cloudy here with the temperature holding steady at about 32 degrees and a steady brisk wind blowing out of the northwest. Brian Moore and I took Doc and two young dogs and headed for the timber. The first turn out it was quiet for a good while and we finally drove around and found Doc treed alone with the coon on big oak. The young dogs ended up in a dozer pile. After that things really picked up and we hit some good tracks made four more trees having three singles and a double. My young dog out of Doc seemed to have turned the corner looking really good on three of the coons.

Saturday night Brian, Kevin Ennis and I hit the timber. The weather was clear and the temperature in the low 40's. It would take me all day to type out everything that went on with this hunt. Between the four dogs we treed six singles, two dens, two slick trees, one big viney oak that could of or could not of had a coon and a coon in a rock pipe that we seen. Man we were busy. I said that it seemed like on Friday night that my yonng dog out of Doc made some strides. Saturday night he split three times having one coon, the big viney oak and a slick tree. All said an done it was a good two nights hunting with some really good friends. Thanks RT

Last edited by Texas Ridge Blu on 02-28-2016 at 06:35 PM

Old Post 02-28-2016 03:48 PM
Texas Ridge Blu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Texas Ridge Blu Click here to Send Texas Ridge Blu a Private Message Find more posts by Texas Ridge Blu Add Texas Ridge Blu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Took Doc and a young male I have out last night for a short hunt.

Turned loose about 11 o"clock. It was cool and clear and there just wasn't much going on as far as any good tracks went. After about 20 minutes or so Doc opened up about 700 yards down a small branch. He worked his way down the branch opening every 3-4 minutes and finally got treed on a vine going up into a beech den. After that he treed two layups. One on a big oak next to a corn field and the other one was on a poplar tree next to a feed lot. Seems the coon were down early for awhile and then layed up.

I plan on taking Doc and my young dog out of him late tonight and see if anything is moving. RT

Old Post 03-01-2016 07:40 PM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Picture

OK. You probably should know that the dog is Levi and the good looking guy on the right is yours truly. Anyone know who the other gentleman on the left is.

Old Post 03-03-2016 11:14 PM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

No guesses on the picture

Wednesday night I hunted Doc and Hoss (DocxJenny). Made 5 trees with 3 coon a den tree and another tree that could of had a coon but if it did I couldn't find it. They split treed once with both dogs having a coon. So far I have been happy with the way Hoss has performed since I bought him at the Winter Classic.

Last night I took Doc and JJ. Doc opened about 50 yards from the truck on a bad track. Opening once in awhile and getting deeper all the time. He finally got treed a little over 1/2 mile in. I started in to Doc and when I got about 200 yards from him Waylon treed behind me. I went to Waylon first and he didn't have anything but did show that when he trees he is going to be a stay put tree dog. Doc was on a den.
The next turn out Doc and Waylon made two trees and had coon in both. Called it a night after that. RT

Last edited by Texas Ridge Blu on 03-11-2016 at 03:57 PM

Old Post 03-04-2016 08:18 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Picture

quote:
Originally posted by Texas Ridge Blu
OK. You probably should know that the dog is Levi and the good looking guy on the right is yours truly. Anyone know who the other gentleman on the left is.

Is that Duane Flowers Ron?

Sounds like you've been enjoying some nights with Doc in the timber. Best of luck to you & Doc this year!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 03-05-2016 02:03 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

picture

Not Duane Flowers but good guess. Hint. He is from the state of Ohio and had a tremendous impact on the Bluetick breed several years ago.

Old Post 03-05-2016 08:14 PM
DAVE H
UKC Forum Member

Is it Clevend Dunaway Jr. The man that owned Dave Deans orginal Hammers sire?

BLUE GHOST HAUNTED SKY

Old Post 03-06-2016 01:55 AM
DAVE H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVE H Click here to Send DAVE H a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVE H Find more posts by DAVE H Add DAVE H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Picture

Dave H.
It is Cleveland Dunaway Jr.

Mr. Dunaway was the owner of Dunaway's Blue Boone and nite ch. Dunaways's Boone Jr. He sold Boone Jr. to Dave Dean. Boone Jr. was the sire of Dean's Norther Blue Hammer (1).

Just think about how many thousands of bluetick hounds over the last fifty years have these two hounds blood flowing through their veins. From the Hammer line to all the spin offs from the Hammer dogs.

I had the opportunity to have a conversation at Autumn Oaks in 1998 with Mr. Dunaway. It was an honor for Levi and me to get this picture taken with him. One of my favorite pictures. RT

Old Post 03-06-2016 03:36 PM
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

Another cast win in pkc last night with max

Old Post 03-08-2016 02:25 PM
bluetick250 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetick250 Click here to Send bluetick250 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetick250 Find more posts by bluetick250 Add bluetick250 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ICB
UKC Forum Member

Re: Picture

quote:
Originally posted by Texas Ridge Blu
Dave H.
It is Cleveland Dunaway Jr.

Mr. Dunaway was the owner of Dunaway's Blue Boone and nite ch. Dunaways's Boone Jr. He sold Boone Jr. to Dave Dean. Boone Jr. was the sire of Dean's Norther Blue Hammer (1).

Just think about how many thousands of bluetick hounds over the last fifty years have these two hounds blood flowing through their veins. From the Hammer line to all the spin offs from the Hammer dogs.

I had the opportunity to have a conversation at Autumn Oaks in 1998 with Mr. Dunaway. It was an honor for Levi and me to get this picture taken with him. One of my favorite pictures. RT

That is an awesome pic. Makes my head spin when thinking about how many offspring would trace back to those two hounds.

Count your blessings everyday!

Old Post 03-08-2016 04:13 PM
ICB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ICB Click here to Send ICB a Private Message Click Here to Email ICB Find more posts by ICB Add ICB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Brandon

Glad Max is doing good for you. Keep putting him in the hunts and keep me up on how he is doing.
For those that don't know Max is a liter mate to Leon's Darkside (Son x Ring) and is a real nice hound.

Saturday night Brian Moore and I had a real nice hunt. We took Doc, Hoss and Banjo. We made 9 trees with 6 having coon 2 dens and 1 slick tree. All around it was a good night for the dogs.
Sunday night was a whole different story. We just had one of those nights that we all have once in a while. Nothing went as planned. The dogs got in some tree tops, cut over and brier thickets. We did end up treeing two coon but it was not a good hunt for us or the dogs. There was a little to be happy about as Waylon one of our young dogs did get by himself and had a coon. Planning on going tonight and see what happens. RT

Old Post 03-09-2016 05:04 PM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

Kevin Ennis and I took Doc and JJ for a short hunt last night. WE made four trees and had two coon a den and a big oak that had vines going every where that could of had a coon but we didn't find it. JJ is starting to do better and is showing improvement each night out. It's just a matter of time until he really gets it going.

Taking Doc and Hoss tonight . Planning on giving Hoss some alone time next week and see how he does by him self. RT

Old Post 03-11-2016 06:02 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

It's been great weather to hunt. Wish it wasn't so far to drive to have a hunt with Doc.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 03-11-2016 06:32 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Hi Ron

R u gonna have Doc @ Ashland next weekend?

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

And always looking for a better one

Old Post 03-11-2016 10:59 PM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

bestever

Bestever:
Once again I apologize for my PM in-box not working. I keep trying with UKC to get it fixed with no luck. I will try once again next week and see what happens. You can e-mail me at texasridgebl@bluemarble.net or just give me a call 812-322-0263

Dennis:
In years gone by it would of been easy for me to just load up the truck and head for Kansas for a weekend hunt. But as we get older time and family responsibilities become more important to us. I do look forward to having the opportunity to take a walk in the woods with you and a couple good hounds someday soon. Until that time comes I will keep plugging along trying to get one treed. Hope to see you at Bluetick Days.

George:
I will not be able to make it to Ashland next weekend. I do plan on being at Portland for the Bluetick Reunion next month and at National Bluetick Days in Mississippi in May.

Thanks RT

Old Post 03-12-2016 03:57 PM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

Last night Kevin came over and we Doc, JJ and Hoss to the woods. Doc made three trees having two coon and a den but there just wasn't much in the way of any good tracks. We are getting in to the time of year when you can see coon out moving anytime day or night and you just can't predict when the best time is to hit the woods.

We hadn't seen or heard from Hoss since we cut them loose and couldn't pick him up on the tracker either. We got in the truck and headed down the road and found him off in a holler treed on big oak den. I'm not to sure how or why he ended up where he was but he did go find him a coon. RT

Old Post 03-15-2016 04:22 PM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

up date

For those who have been following this thread sorry about the delay but I have been under the weather for a few days. Bronchitis. Doing better now.

Last Wednesday night I took Doc and Hoss for a short hunt. First turn out Doc and Hoss split treed with Doc having a coon and Hoss dare I say it had an opossum. First time Hoss has treed one for me.We will work on that. The next turn out Doc and Hoss treed together and had a coon.

Thursday night I again took Doc and Hoss for a short hunt and made two trees with one having a huge nest in it and the other having a coon.

Friday night Kevin and I took Doc, Waylon an Hoss and had a good hunt. We just made one turn out in the hills making seven trees with five coon and a couple of slick trees. "It Happens" to us all. Thanks. RT

Old Post 03-22-2016 05:59 PM
bluetickman2002
UKC Forum Member

Glad you are feeling better Ron cool pictures
I can definitely see by the photo where some of my dog's get their looks
He was a good looking sucker
Take care and have fun!

pr swampland tiny(boomer x wezze)
pr swampland hank (nb levi X wezze )
pr swampland skeeter ( hank X tilly )
Bob Sietman 1-989-858-6455

Old Post 03-22-2016 09:20 PM
bluetickman2002 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetickman2002 Click here to Send bluetickman2002 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetickman2002 Find more posts by bluetickman2002 Add bluetickman2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Bob

I have found out through UKC who now owns the liter mate sister to Crystal. I am still trying to get in contact with them. If and when I do I will let you know what I find out. RT

Old Post 03-25-2016 04:50 PM
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Hi Ron

Just curious what ur Hoss dog is off of and do u have any more pics of Doc? Thanks

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

Old Post 03-28-2016 02:48 PM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Hoss

Hoss is out of Doc and nite champion Mill Creek Blue Jenny owned by Tim Meigs. Sorry, that is all the pictures I have of Doc right now. RT

Old Post 03-30-2016 01:03 AM
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Ron

I was just curious and maybe I'll get to see Doc @ the Reunion next month. Izzy made nitech last weekend and I'm still considering breeding her to Doc.
I hope to make it up you're way for a hunt between now and her coming n. Good luck with Hoss. Thanks

Old Post 03-30-2016 02:52 AM