UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > OnX hunt chip compatible with Garmin
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

OnX hunt chip compatible with Garmin

Does anyone use this with their Garmin? Are they worth the 120$?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-25-2018 05:00 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wdingus
UKC Forum Member

I don't think so. I had one and switched to the garmin card. OnX only has topo and property owner info. The topo isn't much better than the standard garmin topo in my opinion. On the Garmin you can get that stuff plus imagery.

PR BUBBA"S BIG TALKING BEAR (RIP)

Old Post 09-25-2018 08:07 PM
wdingus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wdingus Click here to Send wdingus a Private Message Click Here to Email wdingus Find more posts by wdingus Add wdingus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Ok thanks, I'm looking for an app for my phone or something for the Garmin that will show national forest boundarys and would be interested in suggestions

Old Post 09-25-2018 09:07 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wdingus
UKC Forum Member

The Garmin Huntview card will do that. I believe it is 79.99 per state.

PR BUBBA"S BIG TALKING BEAR (RIP)

Old Post 09-25-2018 09:11 PM
wdingus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wdingus Click here to Send wdingus a Private Message Click Here to Email wdingus Find more posts by wdingus Add wdingus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wdingus
The Garmin Huntview card will do that. I believe it is 79.99 per state.

Thank you

Old Post 09-25-2018 09:12 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I have HuntOnX and the Huntview card. I much prefer OnX to the Huntview and would love to have OnX on my Garmin but far as I know, it isn't doable.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 09-25-2018 11:01 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I have HuntOnX and the Huntview card. I much prefer OnX to the Huntview and would love to have OnX on my Garmin but far as I know, it isn't doable.

JiM if Google 0nX hunt chip you will see its Garmin capable. And double u dog supply has a youtube video discussing them and 2 others

Old Post 09-25-2018 11:10 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Thanks. I'll have to see if I can figure it out.

Old Post 09-25-2018 11:30 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

https://youtu.be/Ujn3J4dOEAQ

Old Post 09-26-2018 12:13 AM
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Onyx Hunt map

Have you tried the app you can download on your phone? Pick whatever state you want, it’s $30 a year per state. It’s pretty nice, it shows state land, trails, etc. you can download it for free for a few days just to try it out. Hope this helps

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 09-26-2018 01:08 AM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: Onyx Hunt map

quote:
Originally posted by BETHLEHEM BLUES
Have you tried the app you can download on your phone? Pick whatever state you want, it’s $30 a year per state. It’s pretty nice, it shows state land, trails, etc. you can download it for free for a few days just to try it out. Hope this helps

Thats what I have. Love it.

Old Post 09-26-2018 01:12 AM
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Yes th on x wil work with a Garmin gps. You can get the app for you’re phone and buy just 1 state or you can pay $15 a month and get all 50 states. You can have several different views. You can view property boundary’s whether the privateley owned or state and federal land. If you use the app on you’re phone you have to have cell service to use all the feature. If you are going to be in an area with no cell service while you’re at home or in a hotel all you need to do is go into the app and download the area you’re going to be hunting and save it into a cache. Once it’s downloaded and saved you don’t need any service. Just go into you’re offline cache and open it up and you have all the info you need. The app or the card are well worth the money.

Old Post 09-26-2018 09:37 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Farnsy
UKC Forum Member

I use the OnX hunt chip with my Garmin Alpha. It works great. I went with OnX because you can login to your account on your computer and update the map card. Property owners change and I also wanted to have updates due to National Forest Exchanges.

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:33 AM
Farnsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Farnsy Click here to Send Farnsy a Private Message Find more posts by Farnsy Add Farnsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote