UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Sportsmanship World Hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Sportsmanship World Hunt

I would like to recognize all you who competed in this years world finals. I was at the grounds for the first 4 rounds as cast were coming in and have rarely seen a group of hunters who showed sportsmanship like this year. Never one time did I see anyone come in that didn't behave like complete gentlemen and sportsmen whether winners or losers. From Thursday's start of all competitors setting down for dinner together to waiting on those final scores to come in to the round 3 competitors waiting on one of the coveted 3 spots. Cheyenne judged in the first 3 rounds and said he judged gentlemen.
Now I would like to recognize my son Dalton Cummings in his 3rd round cast. Dalton and Drake Chastain were tied up with 300+ going into the last tree with Dalt winning on the tie breaker. The last tree was a big circle there is a little over 5min left on the shine time and 3 1/2 minutes left in the hunt. For those of you that don't know Drake he has done some major winning as a youth hunter the past couple of years and is a dang good dog man and handler for his age. Drake is wanting to cut loose with this little amount of time left but Dalton can continue to shine and let time run out. Dalton tells Drake you know what I'm going to give you your shot let's cut them. With the 3 1/2 minutes left they cut their dogs with the finals on the line and coons setting up not to far away. I'm fairly certain the other two cast members thought he was crazy.
The thriving off the competition and ability to shake hands afterwards no matter the outcome was on full display this past week. Congrats to all and good luck down the road!
Jen Cummings

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-24-2018 06:49 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

Thank you for this excellent post, Dalton is an example of the way he was raised by 2 of the best parents one could have. Win with Honor and lose with Honor. You guys are a prime example of this Code, congratulations for both your 5th place finish and your code of honor. Dave

Old Post 09-24-2018 07:01 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Thank you Dave none of us are perfect and raising that boy was a challenge every step of the way! 25 years in I think we may have finally made some progress lol.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-24-2018 07:26 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Respect is earned and I'm sure that those guys earned plenty.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 09-24-2018 08:30 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

With so much time being spent on the negative it's time to focus on the positive instead of being our own worst enemy. These stories grow the sport instead of diminishing it. Dalton may be the only one that choose to cut loose while winning instead of finishing out his shine time but I know he is far from the only one that showed true sportsmanship this past week. Many stories out there of others finding coon for someone and it costing them a CW. I know we would all love to hear about it and it's time they are recognized.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-24-2018 08:57 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

You are 100% right on this subject, time for unity and honor, we have had enough negative crap in this sport to last a lifetime. Dave

Old Post 09-24-2018 09:04 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Mrs. Cummings, I had the honor of judging Dalton and Shack at the world redo last December. I was so impressed by the way that Dalton conducted his self and how mature he was for his age. I was unable to attend this year's world hunt due to hurricane Florence but I kept up with Dalton and Demon from the zones all the way through Friday night at the finals and I was pulling hard for him. He is a fine young man and an asset to our sport and I love it when good things happen to great people.

Old Post 09-24-2018 10:09 PM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jeffrey

Good things does happen to good people, high finish in World Hunt 2 years in a row. Class act and Class people, the Cummings are some of the finest. Dave

Old Post 09-24-2018 10:16 PM
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Dave, you are exactly right, I have never had the pleasure of meeting Cheyenne but I know he has to be a good man because of the son he raised. My impression of the Cummings is they are top notched people hunting top notch hounds.

Old Post 09-25-2018 12:10 AM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Dave, you are exactly right, I have never had the pleasure of meeting Cheyenne but I know he has to be a good man because of the son he raised. My impression of the Cummings is they are top notched people hunting top notch hounds.

Old Post 09-25-2018 12:10 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Thank you Jeffrey for the kind words.
I would also like to recognize the handlers of Baby, Cabo, Crow and River, quite a line up in one cast, Cheyenne judged Friday and with experienced handlers and dogs like that there was never a problem. His first round cast on time out the guys went back to a tree and found his lost squaller.
I read on a post of Brett Stevens that Brandon Gains one of our locals found Brett's coon knowing it would probably cost him the cast win.
Also, many of the competitors were young. In our group Dalton is 25 and Tyler is 22 but there were lots of young faces in the crowd which was great to see.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-25-2018 12:12 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

I am putting a pleasure coon hunt with Chey, Dalton and Tyler on my bucket list. Might take a while, but hope to make it out sometime. Dave P.S, Maybe I can get one of those brownies with pecans [ my favorite ].

Old Post 09-25-2018 12:39 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Chey says any time.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-25-2018 02:16 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

This is the kind of interaction we need all the time . Congrats to everyone , good luck next year and may God Bless and keep everyone safe.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 09-25-2018 02:45 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for sharing.

Old Post 09-25-2018 12:22 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Right kind

Sounds like you folks have done a good job as parents. PROUD of you. And Dalton. There aren't many like him and you folks.

Old Post 09-25-2018 04:45 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BGathright
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for posting!!!

Old Post 09-26-2018 07:34 PM
BGathright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BGathright Click here to Send BGathright a Private Message Click Here to Email BGathright Find more posts by BGathright Add BGathright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote