UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Babblers
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Yes sir it is. It is put in place so that a handler is not forced to strike his or her dog on or before the 3rd bark.
Now that that's settled, when do I get my brownie? LOL

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-24-2018 06:55 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Let's see... Babbling rule... Isn't that strictly a judgement call? And you say that you had a non hunting judge? There isn't anything to debate here.
The only thing to debate is how they picked the non hunting judge. Although in his defense, it was the first drop and he didn't know anything about the dogs that he was dealing with. I am sure that Dalton knew his dog and the other handler knew his dog. But the judge didn't know either so he was at a disadvantage.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-24-2018 at 07:04 PM

Old Post 09-24-2018 07:01 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Now that that's settled, when do I get my brownie? LOL

Send me your address. With or without those pecans Lol?

My original post was aimed at Mr. Andy who never posted back his interpretation seemed to be $kc.
A judgement call I don't see ever being overturned unless a rule was applied wrong.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-24-2018 07:23 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, I guess this means no brownies for me. I am glad that my wife makes real good ones when I don't make her mad. She never stays mad for long, though.

Old Post 09-24-2018 10:13 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
_She never stays mad for long, though.

Just til the brownies kick in. I can imagine your wife would need them more then you do

Old Post 09-24-2018 10:24 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I just slip one of my Prozacs into her tea.

Old Post 09-25-2018 12:19 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Worst rule in the history of the hunts. Just gives the babbler time to get out far enough to create doubt.

Old Post 09-25-2018 12:43 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Send me your address. With or without those pecans Lol?
ong.

Since I don't use my name, you'll probably get 50 addresses claiming to be me.

Old Post 09-25-2018 01:03 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I just slip one of my Prozacs into her tea.

That seems like the humane thing to do

Old Post 09-25-2018 01:15 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

In the famous words of KR...Oh my goodness!
And a bunch of random P.O. boxes across the country all addressed to shadinc lol.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-25-2018 02:32 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

There must be a big market for pecans out there.

Old Post 09-25-2018 02:31 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Pecans are leagal here now lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-25-2018 02:44 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

new song to flying purple people eater

He was a little one eyed, one nutted white little coon treeer
just a one eyed, one nutted white little coon treeer
But he sure looked good to me

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 09-25-2018 05:45 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluestorm
UKC Forum Member

If people wanna get so worked up over a babbler just tree more coons than them. If I'm the judge and you strike your dog under the minute, as long as he moves it outta the area idc when he gets struck.

2018 Fred Lingo Memorial & BBOA Zone 4 Championship King of the Hunt
2018 6th place and overall high scoring bluetick, UKC Youth Nationals
2018 BBOA Zone 4 Hunt Dog of the Year
Double Cast Winner at the 2019 National Bluetick Days
2020 UKC world qualifier
CW at bluetick days RQE
Qualified for 2021 UKC world hunt

Old Post 09-25-2018 05:51 PM
bluestorm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluestorm Click here to Send bluestorm a Private Message Click Here to Email bluestorm Find more posts by bluestorm Add bluestorm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
new song to flying purple people eater

He was a little one eyed, one nutted white little coon treeer
just a one eyed, one nutted white little coon treeer
But he sure looked good to me

Joe, Dalton will love it!
You get the award of my secret recipe pecan brownies. Sorry to the rest of you your out.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-25-2018 06:14 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Brown, are you saying that it is fine as long as they keep on babbling "out of the area".

What about this rule change, you dont have to strike your dog for the first 2 minutes. That will give the babblers 2 min to shut up before their handlers have to strike them.

Old Post 09-25-2018 06:19 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Jen, it sounds like Joe doesn't need your recipe, he has his own. But down there in Ga and Alabama they put a few mushrooms in their brownies not pecans. They pick them out in their cow pastures. I know that Joe has a herd of cows.

Old Post 09-25-2018 06:24 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Jen, it sounds like Joe doesn't need your recipe, he has his own. But down there in Ga and Alabama they put a few mushrooms in their brownies not pecans. They pick them out in their cow pastures. I know that Joe has a herd of cows.

I prefer mine fried or sauteed. Joe has found a creative side I never knew he had.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-25-2018 06:34 PM
MALLARD ROOST
UKC Forum Member

striking dog on a babble

hello my name is JEFF COLE and i was the judge on DALTON'S cast i do not get on this forrum often and qiute frankly i wish i wouldn't have today so as i wouldnt have read this post. it rubbed me a little wrong ALLEN called me last monday to ask if i would come to the finals and judge for him i talked it over with my wife and deciided i would help him out I am a firm beleiver that this hunt over all others need top of the line judges and guides I may not have been the best judge there but i will guarantee that i am fair,impartial, and have a good understanding of UKC rules!! So i took 2 vacation days and spent time away from my family and drove 3 hours to judge three rounds
Making a call to minus a dog for being struck on a babble is as tough a call as a judge can make due to the fact as in this case i have not hunted with the dog and this was the first turn loose of the night WHAT I DO KNOW IS DEMON AND OTHERS LOOSED BARKED OFF THE LEASH AND HE WAS STRUCK IN UNDER THE MINUTE, HUSHED AND THEN OPENED A COUPLE BARKS THEN SILENT AGAIN IT WAS MY CALL THAT I SEEN NO EVIDENCE OF A TRACK AND I MINUSED HIM FOR A 100 DALTON VOICED HIS OPINION AND THEN APPOLOGIZED FOR IT AND I TOLD HIM HE WAS FINE . NOW THE DOG STRUCK IN AGAIN FOR FIRST STRIKE FARTHER IN THE TIMBER THIS TIME AND I FELT IT WAS AN HONEST STRIKE AND SOON ALL DOGS WERE STRUCK IN. If i made the wrong call all i can do is appologize. BUT, given the circumstances it was the right call that only strong judges will make. As far as the other handlers agreeing it wasnt a good call the opposite was probably true as two of them commented it was a good call. my cell phone # 260-894-0979 if any questions home from work now and will be out huntin til about 11pm if any questions forgive my typing it is not what i do for a living take care and GOD BLESS

Old Post 09-25-2018 09:40 PM
MALLARD ROOST is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MALLARD ROOST Click here to Send MALLARD ROOST a Private Message Click Here to Email MALLARD ROOST Find more posts by MALLARD ROOST Add MALLARD ROOST to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: striking dog on a babble

quote:
Originally posted by MALLARD ROOST
hello my name is JEFF COLE and i was the judge on DALTON'S cast i do not get on this forrum often and qiute frankly i wish i wouldn't have today so as i wouldnt have read this post. it rubbed me a little wrong ALLEN called me last monday to ask if i would come to the finals and judge for him i talked it over with my wife and deciided i would help him out I am a firm beleiver that this hunt over all others need top of the line judges and guides I may not have been the best judge there but i will guarantee that i am fair,impartial, and have a good understanding of UKC rules!! So i took 2 vacation days and spent time away from my family and drove 3 hours to judge three rounds
Making a call to minus a dog for being struck on a babble is as tough a call as a judge can make due to the fact as in this case i have not hunted with the dog and this was the first turn loose of the night WHAT I DO KNOW IS DEMON AND OTHERS LOOSED BARKED OFF THE LEASH AND HE WAS STRUCK IN UNDER THE MINUTE, HUSHED AND THEN OPENED A COUPLE BARKS THEN SILENT AGAIN IT WAS MY CALL THAT I SEEN NO EVIDENCE OF A TRACK AND I MINUSED HIM FOR A 100 DALTON VOICED HIS OPINION AND THEN APPOLOGIZED FOR IT AND I TOLD HIM HE WAS FINE . NOW THE DOG STRUCK IN AGAIN FOR FIRST STRIKE FARTHER IN THE TIMBER THIS TIME AND I FELT IT WAS AN HONEST STRIKE AND SOON ALL DOGS WERE STRUCK IN. If i made the wrong call all i can do is appologize. BUT, given the circumstances it was the right call that only strong judges will make. As far as the other handlers agreeing it wasnt a good call the opposite was probably true as two of them commented it was a good call. my cell phone # 260-894-0979 if any questions home from work now and will be out huntin til about 11pm if any questions forgive my typing it is not what i do for a living take care and GOD BLESS

Thank you sir for your time and for being a Stand up judge and Taking control your cast!

Old Post 09-25-2018 10:16 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Every handler should know that if they strike their dog under the minute, that they are taking a chance on getting minused. Especially with a non hunting judge. Sometimes you get minused and sometimes you don't. It is a calculated risk. And sometimes you can talk or vote your way out of it and sometimes you can't.
Mr Cole, you used your best judgement, thank you. It is a thankless job. Almost always you are going to make 3 people mad and 1 person glad.

Old Post 09-25-2018 10:39 PM
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

It’s all over and done with now and I could honestly care less. We had a good clean cast other than the first 2 minutes. As far as the babbling minus went everyone HUNTING in the cast but one person agreed when we were walking out that I didn’t have it coming. I struck at 55 seconds you said minutes up Demons minused so in 5 to 10 seconds it was determined that he was babbling. I immediantly struck again for 100 40 yards from where I struck him the first time. He was 367 the first time 412 the second. Everything put in with him and we went and got treed and had a coon. I do commend you for being a strong judge and standing behind your call whether it was good or bad. One thing I’ve learned is you can’t make everyone happy. And I was genuinely sorrry for raising my voice at you so I apologized as a handler at a high level you have to stand up for your dog to an extent. I want to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to come judge. Good lord willing we will do it again next year.
Dalton.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 09-25-2018 10:42 PM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Every handler should know that if they strike their dog under the minute, that they are taking a chance on getting minused. Especially with a non hunting judge. Sometimes you get minused and sometimes you don't. It is a calculated risk. And sometimes you can talk or vote your way out of it and sometimes you can't.
Mr Cole, you used your best judgement, thank you. It is a thankless job. Almost always you are going to make 3 people mad and 1 person glad.

There you have it. The rules leave it up to the judge. And it will he the rarest of occasions when you beat the judge on a babbling call. So maybe the bottom line is "know your judge as you know your dog."

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 09-25-2018 10:44 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

A good honest judge should know if the hounds don't open for 300 yds and then bark one time it's not a babble. Time should not determine a babble. If they open before there released and never shut up its seldom minused. If a hound opens at 300 yds, moves 40 yds and trees a coon, regardless of time, it should never take a minus. Poor judging is all I can say. Have you ever heard of the brother-n- law treatment? Don't sugar coat it, call it like it was, poor call.It doesn't say in the rules that a judge can't change his call, when he knows his call was incorrect.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 09-25-2018 at 11:25 PM

Old Post 09-25-2018 11:06 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:

Originally posted by AndyMiller_
ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS GIVE THEM A WARNING B 4 YOU TURN DOGS LOOSE THAT THE 1 MINUTE IS GOING TO B ENFORCED ...AND IF THEY STRIKE ON A BABBLE MINUS THEM.... EVERY HANDLER KNOWS IF THE DOGS ARE BABBLING OR IF THEY HAVE A TRACK ..

Wrong, UKC does not have a 1 min babbling rule. The minute in UKC is only in place to protect the handler from being forced to strike his or her dog on or before the 3rd bark in the first minute of the hunt, essentially if a dog does loose bark upon casting and barks more than 3 times has not been forced to strike like they are in other times of the hunt. A dog can be minused at anytime of the hunt if the dog is determined to be babbling the minute has nothing to do with whether or not to minus. The so called "minute babbling rule" may be one of the most misused, misapplied and misunderstood rules they have.
Again 1 minute babbling rule does not exist in UKC and as a judge should have zero determination on whether or not a dog should be minused for babbling. Any judge that has determined that a dog should be minused should never mention anything about how much time since dogs have been turned loose if they are misinterpreting and using a rule that does not exist.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-25-2018 11:45 PM