UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Recasting time
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Rule 11 (b) only says dogs must be turned loose. There is nothing in that wording that says when they must be turned loose. It is up to the handler when his dog must be turned loose. What if 3 dogs are on the lead and 4th dog is at large but not struck in? When do you turn the 3 dogs loose?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-25-2018 10:57 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

It does say when you turn loose.......you must turn when the other dogs open.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 09-25-2018 11:05 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

One thing I will add. Tyler, you say you didn't want to miss the chance to get 100 strike after scoring your tree. That's u understandable. However if yours isn't turned loose yet no dogs can be struck over what you were just carrying. They go in for next available. Now as soon as you re cast next bark could go in for 100.

As far as turning loose off a scored tree. I always use common sense and walk a short distance and apply the 8. In all my years doing this I have yet to see a single person turn loose at the base of a tree they just scored.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 09-25-2018 11:25 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Hoosier

You are right about the 100 and being stuck over. In more reality I was trying to get cut so I could then compete and not be leash locked. With nothing struck I wanted a chance at that 100 and not leash locked.

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 09-25-2018 11:34 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerrod douglas
UKC Forum Member

IN THIS SITUATION IF THE DOG IS OUT AND HASNT STRUCK AND THE FIRST 2 DOGS HAVE STRUCK AND TREED AND ARE HANDLED AND TREE SCORED AND THEN YOU ARE WALKING THEM(THEY ARE STILL LEASHED AND CANT COMPETE FOR STRIKE POINTS ON THE LEASH) THEN THE DOG THATS OUT THAT HASNT BEEN STRUCK YET, IF HE OPENS AND THE GUY STRIKES HIM THEN HE SHOULD GET 50 STRIKE SINCE YOU AND THE OTHER DOG GOT 100 AND 75. BECAUSE STILL HE ISNT COMPETING AGAINST ANYTHING. YOU HAVE ALREADY BEAT HIM ON THE STRIKE. NOW, ONCE YOU HAVE CUT I BELIEVE THEN HE OR YOU OR THE OTHER GUY SHOULD BE ABLE TO STRIKE IN FOR 100.

SUPER STAKE CHAMPION GRNITECH SERIAL COONER (GRNITECH INSANE "X" / GRNITECH GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY)

GRNITECH CH REBA MC ENTIRE {REEZEN / GRAY'S STYLISH PAIGE} LITTERMATE TO 2018 UKC AND AKC WLDNITECH GRNITECH GRAYS RACK EM WILLY

Old Post 09-26-2018 03:48 AM
jerrod douglas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerrod douglas Click here to Send jerrod douglas a Private Message Find more posts by jerrod douglas Add jerrod douglas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Ok,so this is a very good question right here.....how should it be handled when the judge says you cannot cast your dog when the rule clearly states you must cast your dog?
This isn't one that can be satisfied by just putting your question on the card because not being allowed to cast your dog at this point, with other dogs out competing for 1st strike can be a substantial game changer.
So when you are holding your dog on leash ready cast to other dogs loose, hunting and not struck in, and the judge says you can't cast till one barks, what is right? Ignore the judge and cast anyway or hold your dog and forfeit your chance at 100 strike?
I know I'm casting and we'll setting any scratching back at the club.

First of all the dog that is loose is not competing for a first strike and no new set of strike points will begin until the judge has all dogs back loose and hunting , second the judge has control of the cast telling you when to handle and recut otherwise why have a judge if your just Gona do as you please. I can assure you If you cut loose or handle or start shining a tree before a judge says ok and he scratches you it’s going to stand.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Last edited by wjoey on 09-26-2018 at 05:16 AM

Old Post 09-26-2018 03:55 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote