UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Q&A's - Double Headers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Q&A's - Double Headers

Double Header Nite Hunts:

A club may choose to schedule two separate hunts on the same night. The club will schedule two separate entry deadlines. The hunt time scheduled for each separate hunt shall be the same. Clubs will submit two separate Event Reports, one for each of the two hunts. The amount of Performance Points awarded at each of the two Double Header hunts is based on the total entry of each hunt.

Ask your questions here as they relate specifically to Double Headers. We'll try to answer in a timely manner.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-13-2018 07:00 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

First, you might notice that this one has changed slightly from the original announcement.

Specifically, how dogs are placed in the hunt. We originally had it where there would only be one set of placements at a DH, and we had double cast winners placing above single cast winners. After getting into the programming end of this, we quickly learned that this would create a nightmare, including records outside of nite hunt placements. Therefore, DH hunts will be recorded separately (two reports) with up to three placements for each hunt.

Even then, a DH will not count against a clubs seven dates. In other words, a club may be approved for up to seven dates per year. The events they offer on each of those dates is up to the club. In the case of a Double Header, would be two of those events on the same date.

Old Post 09-13-2018 08:07 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

So if I'm reading this right if a club had 7 dates and had double headers at all of them. They could have 14 hunts.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 09-14-2018 03:10 AM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
So if I'm reading this right if a club had 7 dates and had double headers at all of them. They could have 14 hunts.

That is correct Jack. Go ahead and schedule all $50. Double header Mini Slams.

319-201-8445

Old Post 09-14-2018 10:53 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I don't read it that way. The last part looks like a DH counts for two of your seven on the same date. I could be wrong.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 09-14-2018 12:28 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
I don't read it that way. The last part looks like a DH counts for two of your seven on the same date. I could be wrong.

You can have 2 events on the same Date. You can have 7 Dates a year. Dates and Events are the key word. You can hold 14 events a year if your club so desires. You can only have 7 Dates per year.

319-201-8445

Old Post 09-14-2018 01:13 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ROBERT HAYES
UKC Forum Member

The way I read and understand it I agree with Robert Johnson that would be 2 dates.

Old Post 09-14-2018 04:56 PM
ROBERT HAYES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ROBERT HAYES Click here to Send ROBERT HAYES a Private Message Find more posts by ROBERT HAYES Add ROBERT HAYES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

a DH will not count against a clubs seven dates. In other words, a club may be approved for up to seven dates per year. The events they offer on each of those dates is up to the club. In the case of a Double Header, would be two of those events on the same date.

Sounds like you could have 7 DH (14) total hunts and be ok.
Read 7 dates not hunts.

Old Post 09-14-2018 05:22 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:

A club is allowed up to seven dates, if approved. On each of those dates the club may choose what events they want to have, Nite Hunt, Bench Show, Water Race, etc..

Therefore, a club could have a Bench Show, along with their DH, which would look like this:

BS
NH
NH

All one date.

Old Post 09-14-2018 06:42 PM
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
You were lol First miss for you in a long time

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 09-15-2018 10:02 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Since now each hunt is recorded separate do both hunts have be same amount of time still such as 2 one hour hunts. Or can club now have a 2 hour and 1 hour on same night?

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 09-16-2018 05:40 AM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Phenix
Since now each hunt is recorded separate do both hunts have be same amount of time still such as 2 one hour hunts. Or can club now have a 2 hour and 1 hour on same night?

Good question Nathan. We're making it mandatory that both hunts at DH's be the same time period.

Old Post 09-16-2018 08:39 AM
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
You were lol First miss for you in a long time
Yes I was wrong. I read it and thought it that way but when I read it again, I didn't know. Must be southern comprehension
LOL

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 09-17-2018 11:50 AM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charlie stinson
UKC Forum Member

Will the DH hunt coast $50.00 or $25.00 to have.

PKC-Silver Champion.
UKC-Grand Nite Champion 2.
Cell-870-877-1513 Home-870-877-2111.

Old Post 09-17-2018 02:21 PM
charlie stinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for charlie stinson Click here to Send charlie stinson a Private Message Find more posts by charlie stinson Add charlie stinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mtn Tough Engl
UKC Forum Member

Is the fee’s the club has to pay per dog, which is two dollars, going up or staying 2 dollars per dog.

Old Post 09-17-2018 09:50 PM
Mtn Tough Engl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mtn Tough Engl Click here to Send Mtn Tough Engl a Private Message Click Here to Email Mtn Tough Engl Find more posts by Mtn Tough Engl Add Mtn Tough Engl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mtn Tough Engl
Is the fee’s the club has to pay per dog, which is two dollars, going up or staying 2 dollars per dog.

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
The clubs portion would be 45% of the entry income in $20 and $30 Slams.

In a $50 Slam the clubs portion would be 25% of the entry income. This option pays slightly more to the club than the $30 hunt but not much more. In this case, the hunters,winners would benefit more.

In either case, UKC's income would come from the club portion, which is the same as it has been and same as any regular event ($25 license fee and $2 per dog recording fee).

319-201-8445

Old Post 09-19-2018 12:50 AM
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Does the same official have to officiate both events or can you have one do the early round and one do the late round?

Old Post 09-20-2018 10:27 PM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey robinso
Does the same official have to officiate both events or can you have one do the early round and one do the late round?

ALLEN????

Was just talking with another older hunter about this. was wondering if a couple of older hunters could do this & each get a chance to hunt by one doing early and the other late.

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 10-09-2018 11:14 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Good question Nathan. We're making it mandatory that both hunts at DH's be the same time period.

What's the logic behind that Allen? Esp now that they're separate as far as performance points. I kinda like the idea of going back out late but for a shorter cast.

Are you really gonna make us say there was a storm blowing in so we agreed on a 60 min late?

Old Post 10-14-2018 01:49 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey robinso

I don't foresee a problem in having two separate officials, one early and one late. Have at it.

Old Post 10-15-2018 09:40 PM
awfred
UKC Forum Member

DH

We have put in for a bench show and DH slams. On the web site in the events it make no mention of DH late hunt deadline or hunt time. Are you going to change the way you list them in the events page so folks know. Thanks
Allen Fredrick

Old Post 11-02-2018 11:11 PM
awfred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for awfred Click here to Send awfred a Private Message Find more posts by awfred Add awfred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: DH

quote:
Originally posted by awfred
We have put in for a bench show and DH slams. On the web site in the events it make no mention of DH late hunt deadline or hunt time. Are you going to change the way you list them in the events page so folks know. Thanks
Allen Fredrick

Allen, yes, we're aware that scheduled Double Headers are not currently showing up as such on the Events Calendar on the website. The IT folks are aware of this and this is on their "to do" list.

Old Post 11-05-2018 01:41 PM
ky coonin
UKC Forum Member

so the bench shows are still one per event, and we cannot have 2 on dh hunts

UGLYS BELLE
NITE CH UGLY MTN JOHN WAYNE

GRCH GRNITECH HURRIKANE CREEK UGLYS SQUALL

DUAL GRAND HURRIKANE CREEK WILLOWSTICK

CH NITECH HURRIKANE CREEK LIL PUKE (deceased)

PAST HOME OF
DUAL GRAND HURRIKANE CREEK UGLYSTICK
CH NITECH HURRIKANE CREEK UGLYS RAGE
DUAL GRAND HURRIKANE CREEK SMOOTH AS BRANDY
GRNITECH GRCH ROUGHCREEK EASYS BIG TIMBER
DUAL GRAND PUKE BOX ANNIE
CH GRNITE CH HURRIKANE CREEK UGLYS REJECT

GRNITECH GRCH ROUGHCREEK EASYS THUNDERSTICK

ROBERT CHURCH
270-963-2497

Old Post 11-05-2018 06:06 PM
ky coonin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ky coonin Click here to Send ky coonin a Private Message Click Here to Email ky coonin Find more posts by ky coonin Add ky coonin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by ky coonin
so the bench shows are still one per event, and we cannot have 2 on dh hunts

Robert, that is correct, for now anyways. One bench show.

Old Post 11-05-2018 08:39 PM
awfred
UKC Forum Member

Thank you

Old Post 11-06-2018 02:32 AM
awfred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for awfred Click here to Send awfred a Private Message Find more posts by awfred Add awfred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote