UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > grey walkers?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CreekBottomHunt
UKC Forum Member

grey walkers?

Anyone here hunt one or have ever hunted one? Can u register them? I bought a gry pup today and now im beginning to get a little worried that i wont be able to register her. She has pup papers. Shes out of registered stock. She has some great old blood too. Sailor bozo tom tom Finley river Pac man spring creek rock nailor lipper. Just to name a few and yes i dug back a little to get a few of them names

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-19-2015 10:23 PM
CreekBottomHunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CreekBottomHunt Click here to Send CreekBottomHunt a Private Message Click Here to Email CreekBottomHunt Find more posts by CreekBottomHunt Add CreekBottomHunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I had 2 in a litter about 35 years ago and two more about 20 yrs ago. I put gray and white on the papers and UKC registered them.

Old Post 04-20-2015 12:25 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chip johnson
UKC Forum Member

they can be registered because gray is a shade of black. This is what ukc said when someone else asked the same question before.

Old Post 04-20-2015 04:13 PM
chip johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip johnson Click here to Send chip johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email chip johnson Find more posts by chip johnson Add chip johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Black might be a shade of gray. I heard their were fifty shades of gray.

Old Post 04-21-2015 12:49 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CreekBottomHunt
UKC Forum Member

Ukc says i cant register the dog.

Old Post 04-22-2015 02:20 AM
CreekBottomHunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CreekBottomHunt Click here to Send CreekBottomHunt a Private Message Click Here to Email CreekBottomHunt Find more posts by CreekBottomHunt Add CreekBottomHunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

You may not want to, but you can register the dog "x" bred. If I am not mistaken the papers will still show the lineage. One of the reasons the program was created was for dogs not meeting bred standards such as color.

Old Post 04-22-2015 01:03 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CreekBottomHunt
UKC Forum Member

Ok sounds like a good idea. Im waiting for Russel to give me the details on that process

Old Post 04-22-2015 03:48 PM
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Black might be a shade of gray. I heard their were fifty shades of gray.

haha!

can you post some pics i dont believe ive ever seen one

Old Post 04-22-2015 11:05 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TimmM
UKC Forum Member

grey

How old is it ? If its real young might wait till it gets older may change colors.

Old Post 04-24-2015 12:42 PM
TimmM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TimmM Click here to Send TimmM a Private Message Find more posts by TimmM Add TimmM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

Re: grey

quote:
Originally posted by TimmM
How old is it ? If its real young might wait till it gets older may change colors.

He's prolly right on this one.

Seen a Blutick come out brown and by a yr old he was blue

Old Post 04-24-2015 05:34 PM
OLDBLOOD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLDBLOOD Click here to Send OLDBLOOD a Private Message Find more posts by OLDBLOOD Add OLDBLOOD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CreekBottomHunt
Ukc says i cant register the dog.

do not put gray as the collar put black I had a friend that had a big male that was gray and bred him a lot. I do not remember him throwing a gray pup.

gone but will never be forgotten

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Maggie o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Mickey o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
D NTCH PR Crooked Oak Boss o/h
D NtCH PR Alford's Alibi h
NTCH PR Alford's Hatchet h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 04-25-2015 04:53 PM
buck brush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buck brush Click here to Send buck brush a Private Message Click Here to Email buck brush Find more posts by buck brush Add buck brush to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CreekBottomHunt
UKC Forum Member

Shes 8 weeks old. Sry i dnt know how to post a pic

Old Post 04-26-2015 01:50 AM
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ssgied
You may not want to, but you can register the dog "x" bred. If I am not mistaken the papers will still show the lineage. One of the reasons the program was created was for dogs not meeting bred standards such as color.
I wouldn't have an x-bred dog and think the program will destroy the non walker breeds. Walkers aren't supposed to have red heads either supposed to be tan but I think I remember seeing one once.

Old Post 04-26-2015 06:05 AM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kordog
UKC Forum Member

the grey colored walkers tend to have skin and fur issues that i have seen .

Old Post 04-26-2015 12:07 PM
kordog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kordog Click here to Send kordog a Private Message Click Here to Email kordog Find more posts by kordog Add kordog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince
I wouldn't have an x-bred dog and think the program will destroy the non walker breeds. Walkers aren't supposed to have red heads either supposed to be tan but I think I remember seeing one once.

I'm not being argumentive when i say this I'm just opening a debate but i wish you would elaborate on that. I would think the program could SAVE all the non walker breeds that atleast allow re-entry at 80%.

Old Post 04-26-2015 06:48 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

I'll just talk about black dogs because I love them and I'm not running them down. I hunt walkers and black dogs. Black dogs are behind as a breed and need to catch up. I know of three TOP reproducing black females in the last six months that were bred to walker studs. The breed needs these females badly. What dedicated and knowledgeable breeder of black dogs is going to take these pups train them and then spend years of selection and hunting and breeding x-bred to maybe ( if single registration is open for breed and they meet color requirements ) get them back to the black and tan breed .I'll bet not many. Very few cross bred dogs will make it back to the breed they split from.

Old Post 04-26-2015 07:15 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince
I'll just talk about black dogs because I love them and I'm not running them down. I hunt walkers and black dogs. Black dogs are behind as a breed and need to catch up. I know of three TOP reproducing black females in the last six months that were bred to walker studs. The breed needs these females badly. What dedicated and knowledgeable breeder of black dogs is going to take these pups train them and then spend years of selection and hunting and breeding x-bred to maybe ( if single registration is open for breed and they meet color requirements ) get them back to the black and tan breed .I'll bet not many. Very few cross bred dogs will make it back to the breed they split from.

can you PM me the names of the people that own these females I might be interested in a pup depending on what they was bred to.

gone but will never be forgotten

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Maggie o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Mickey o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
D NTCH PR Crooked Oak Boss o/h
D NtCH PR Alford's Alibi h
NTCH PR Alford's Hatchet h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 04-28-2015 11:43 PM
buck brush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buck brush Click here to Send buck brush a Private Message Click Here to Email buck brush Find more posts by buck brush Add buck brush to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

The greyish hue is due to a dilution factor along with the black color gene. Many pups out grow it, or it doesn't appear as prevalent as they get older.

It is a common color in many different walker bloodlines today.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 05-04-2015 07:22 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Judge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RLenhart
I'm not being argumentive when i say this I'm just opening a debate but i wish you would elaborate on that. I would think the program could SAVE all the non walker breeds that atleast allow re-entry at 80%.

The black n tan assc. Will never let them single reg. That is a major flaw in the program, UKC should control that leaving it up to the assc. will never work. The b n t people have always been there own worse enemy. Just glance at there board and you will know what I mean.

Old Post 05-23-2015 07:44 PM
The Judge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Judge Click here to Send The Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The Judge Add The Judge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote