UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Girls Hunt Too!
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Have you had sam out yet? I just got another pup. All these pups are gonna drive me crazy. My 9 month old caught one on the ground last night and it bout tore his ear off.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-25-2014 07:50 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to having a little white female to go alongside of him lol

Old Post 02-25-2014 08:27 PM
InsaneSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InsaneSam Click here to Send InsaneSam a Private Message Find more posts by InsaneSam Add InsaneSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Weather was real nice down here ovet the weekend. Had a real good hunt friday night. Its starting to get colder now though. Ive still been pushing this young dog every night. The weather sure makes the differnce though. We have a ton of water down here and it makes it rough. The river banks are comeing over. I couldnt even get to him last night i was up to my waist in water by my self at that and i wasnt going to chance it. Hopefully friday ill draw a bunch of hill dogs that hasnt seen water like this. I might have a chance then. Lol

Old Post 02-25-2014 09:01 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
t fox
UKC Forum Member

TEAM DOOZE

ANEISA, I CANT WAIT TILL SAM PUTS IT ALL OVER SUGAR CUBE THAT JR. IS PLANNING ON GETTING, LOVE WATCHING HIM GETTING PI##ED OFF, WHEN THE PRESSURE IS ON, WE WILL LOAO......

GRNITE, CH, MEADOW CREEK JOE
GRNITE, CH, YADKIN RIVER MISSY

Old Post 03-06-2014 05:45 PM
t fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for t fox Click here to Send t fox a Private Message Find more posts by t fox Add t fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Carl my pup has been gettin eat up by something for the last week. Maybe you can shed some light on this for me. First night it happen i was hunting him by his self. We was in water about knee high. He kept barking funny and i didnt think alot about it cause we was in water. Then he sounded like he was fighting something and i started to him but he left when i got within 100-150 yds. He done that twice. He finnaly gets treed and has a coon but hes tore up. Ear bleeding. Friday night me and a buddy hunting in what we call mountains. Thick cut over. They run something and my buddys dog finnally gets treed but my pup keeps going. Tried to run to the bottoms across a mile wide feild but i toned him in cause i know it wasnt a coon runnin across that feild. This time hes bleeding from his ear, muzzle and around his eye. Looked bad. Last night me and a buddy are hunting in the river bottoms and knee high water and he sounds like hes got something bayed up again. Buddys dog makes two trees and he never does tree. Just runs and kind of booger barks. Any idea what this pup is doing? Could be about anything cause he is gamey.

Old Post 03-06-2014 06:00 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Fox
Aneisa we need to check our feeders hopefully one tomorrow night and the other Saturday night.

Sam needs a good hot feeder race for about 100 yards and then lock up and a couple like that and he will get the idea of what its all about and start looking for coons instead of dead carcasses.lol.

Yes we've got to get him out after dark and quit all this messing around during daylight. I may drive up there and check the one real quick tonight that way we will know to just go on and load him up tomorrow.

Old Post 03-06-2014 06:05 PM
InsaneSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InsaneSam Click here to Send InsaneSam a Private Message Find more posts by InsaneSam Add InsaneSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Re: TEAM DOOZE

quote:
Originally posted by t fox
ANEISA, I CANT WAIT TILL SAM PUTS IT ALL OVER SUGAR CUBE THAT JR. IS PLANNING ON GETTING, LOVE WATCHING HIM GETTING PI##ED OFF, WHEN THE PRESSURE IS ON, WE WILL LOAO......

Haha yes we will! Have we decided on the name then? Sugar Cube?

Old Post 03-06-2014 06:06 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Carl i put it on their and ive heard coyote, bobcat, coon, beaver, mink, and bear. Lol and i dont think the pup has had his rabies shots. Dont know im trien to get a hold of keith to find out. I know i havent given one too him. I agree though ive got to get him up to date though. He looks like a ufc fighter right now. What white he has on him is a light brown from the dried up blood. You can sure tell hes been pushed hard the last couple months. I just bought another box pup though so maybe ill let up on him just a little. Headed to sullivan in april 12th for the baby stakes.

Old Post 03-06-2014 07:34 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Probably as much as the man that started all the world champs. Lol its always the owner and handler that get all the notice. Never the guy out at 3 in the morning waiting on a pup to get treed or come in. I know ive put alot of time into this one. I dont fall in love with any dog but this one sure has growed on me. Its funny cause he aint the greatest dog but id put him up against any dog
Out their at his age. Hes probably seen more wood time than any dog his age to. I figure dad is getting ready to take him back now. Ive tried every thing to buy him. He just wont sale him. Why would he i hunt him. Feed him. Haul him to hunts. Just about put a first on him friday but pulled minus 10 mins before the hunt was over. Hunting against a 3 year old and a 4 year old.

Old Post 03-06-2014 08:00 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Dad got the dog in on trade from keith so keith doesnt really have anything to do with him. Hes still in keiths name thats it. Dad was haveing woman problems along with a drinking problem and i didnt really have nothin to hunt so i said ill take the pup and hunt it. Well i seen right away that the pup was going to be something pretty special. Dad and his woman got back togather and i went down to go hunting with him. The pup treed 5 coons that night in 21/2 hours. I tried to buy the dog with the promise he would die here. He said he aint for sale. Dad and woman fell out again so now all dad has on is mind is a bud light in a bottle and for the past 3 months ive hunted him through one of
The worse winters ive ever seen. Had him in two hunts which i paid for and the gas and dog feed i paid for. Had two other good pups i sold cause i cant handle to pups at once. The other day he calls me up with a sad story that hes
Done drinkin hes ready to hunt so i rush around and find another box pup. He did buy the pup for me. I offered to give him his money back but he wouldnt take it. So i did get a pup out of hunting him. Lol other than that though no big salary. Ill be glad when he does put the bottle down and takes him back. Ill miss the pup but at least i wont have to worry about dad drinking the rest of his life away. Dad means more than the pup. Though i do love the pup. Wish i could buy him.

Old Post 03-06-2014 09:34 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Carl have you and aniesa had sam out at night yet?

Old Post 03-13-2014 06:31 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Yeah i love that time of year. Right before those sows have those kittens and some early bred sows are haveing kittens. No more long races. Im gonna put mine in a pkc hunt tomorrow night. We are haveing a double header. We are about 4 weeks away from the baby stakes. Had him out tuesday night and he treed two opposums so i worked him over with the second one. Still along way from a coon dog but hopefully i got him going good enough to make a run in the baby stakes. This cold snowy winter had alot of these pups laid up so maybe that will work in my advanage. Cant count the nights we were out their under 20 degrees and snow on.

Old Post 03-13-2014 07:39 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

He treed two more opposums last night. 2nd one i shook out and tied him back and poured ammonia all over and turned them loose he didnt really want to take hold but when he did he rolled around for about 5 mins and i took a switch to him. He went back to the truck so i switched him again. He made another tree after that but quit on it. I think it was a opposum and seen me comeing and got out of dodge. Lol

Old Post 03-14-2014 03:46 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

okay I deleted all the old ones

Old Post 03-20-2014 05:06 PM
randall smith
UKC Forum Member

sounds like he is on his way to making a good one,

Aneisa gonna show him Friday in the acha show

Cats Cove Kennels
Ntch,Grch. Timber Cruizin' Carlie
'PR'NTCH,Ch. Swampmusic Bear HTX ( Wtda Ntch,Ch)
Mad Cats Thunder Bella ( MTN Cur){Wtda Sqch,Tree Ch,Ch. World show ch.}

Old Post 04-02-2014 10:49 PM
randall smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randall smith Click here to Send randall smith a Private Message Click Here to Email randall smith Find more posts by randall smith Add randall smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Where is the acha show Friday? I didn't know about it.. Whether we show this weekend or not we will definitely get sam in the hills this weekend one way or another.

Old Post 04-03-2014 12:32 PM
randall smith
UKC Forum Member

Its at Booneville . 7 pm deadline. 10$ entry,15$ to register dog and can do it at the hunt,just bring 3 gen papers.

Cats Cove Kennels
Ntch,Grch. Timber Cruizin' Carlie
'PR'NTCH,Ch. Swampmusic Bear HTX ( Wtda Ntch,Ch)
Mad Cats Thunder Bella ( MTN Cur){Wtda Sqch,Tree Ch,Ch. World show ch.}

Old Post 04-03-2014 08:33 PM
randall smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randall smith Click here to Send randall smith a Private Message Click Here to Email randall smith Find more posts by randall smith Add randall smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rough country
UKC Forum Member

Aneisa I just purchased a litter mate to you pup the insane xray dog I think this litter of pups are going to be some nice ones this pup has a lot of hunt to him and will run track good him and a older dog tried to tree tonight close to a house and the house dogs put them off the tree but I got a good felling about them

Old Post 04-05-2014 04:04 AM
rough country is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rough country Click here to Send rough country a Private Message Click Here to Email rough country Find more posts by rough country Add rough country to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up

I agree they are going to be great! Sam has progressed A LOT in just this past month. Yesterday was such a nice day we had him out squirrel hunting and he treed 2 and we couldn't hardly pull him off the trees. And he's got a great mouth on him too. We decided we are not gonna hunt squirrel with him any more, it's strictly coon after this. This next month should be great with the weather finally warming up enough to where we can get him out at night. I think we will have a lot of fun and success with our dogs!! Good luck with Insane X-Ray

Old Post 04-07-2014 02:54 PM
rough country
UKC Forum Member

And these pup are eligible for performance and s.s.

Old Post 04-10-2014 01:29 AM
rough country is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rough country Click here to Send rough country a Private Message Click Here to Email rough country Find more posts by rough country Add rough country to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

LoL yep that's right. And there's 8 other pups out there besides ours....

Old Post 04-10-2014 01:03 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Lol I told you not to tell that.

Old Post 04-15-2014 05:21 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

I am hopeing to get to go hunting with the Great Little Hooker dog of Paul Smiths this weekend.

Hooker is out of that great cross between Insane Cain and JJ Jacksons Dixie dog this cross has been made 4 times and JJ has them all sold every one before they are born.

Old Post 05-09-2014 05:04 PM
t fox
UKC Forum Member

TEAM DOOZE

IF I WAS A BETTING MAN, I WOULD SAY THAT OLD COON GOT DIZZY AND FELL OUT. LOL.

GRNITE, CH, MEADOW CREEK JOE
GRNITE, CH, YADKIN RIVER MISSY

Old Post 05-12-2014 03:26 PM
t fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for t fox Click here to Send t fox a Private Message Find more posts by t fox Add t fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

well I know I got dizzy looking up at it. sam was up 30 feet right on the edge of a straight drop off. I was scared to death he was gonna fall off of it.

Old Post 05-12-2014 03:47 PM