UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Just a thought
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sundown Beagles
UKC Forum Member

Just a thought

Was thinking about the Pic/pedigree book we are trying to put together for the Memorial and the first thing that comes to mind is why would someone who has to travel a long distance want to throw is 9 year old hound in the box to travel just for a picture?
Well, that got me to thinking and I would like your imput on the following idea.
What if we had a NON-SANCTIONED hunt for hounds over 7 years old Thursday evening? Possibly only 1 round of 1 hour casts using UKC rules with all casts winners winning a prize? (I think I can make a worthwhile prize for each) UNDERSTAND I would need to get club permission prior to finalization. I am just wondering if there would be interest to allow the OLD DOGS their due just one more time? Could be fun to watch as well as compete!!!! What do ya think?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-17-2014 02:22 PM
Sundown Beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sundown Beagles Click here to Send Sundown Beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email Sundown Beagles Find more posts by Sundown Beagles Add Sundown Beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
b.meade
UKC Forum Member

Would b fun to see them old hounds go !

HOME OF GRCH GRHBCH MEADE'S WINDY HILL BUZZ.... RIP
NGHBCH..GRHBCH CH. MEADES OUTBACK HARD PUMPING WINNIE. 2015 National GrHBCH CH GRHBCH MEADES OUTBACK DOUBLE D-DEZ 2014 NHBA days overall winner , Don Mcvay memorial champion & 1000$ overall winner , 2014 Dale Prunty Classic overall winner 2014 8th place world hunt. 2014 Midwest all age All Star series winner 2014 NHBA overall series point winner all before the age of 2 1/2 2015 all star series overall champion

Old Post 07-17-2014 03:43 PM
b.meade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for b.meade Click here to Send b.meade a Private Message Click Here to Email b.meade Find more posts by b.meade Add b.meade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clg
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like fun

HBCH CH LET'S ROLL ROWDY'S MR SLICK

Old Post 07-17-2014 04:26 PM
clg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clg Click here to Send clg a Private Message Click Here to Email clg Find more posts by clg Add clg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jboord
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like a great idea

Old Post 07-17-2014 11:26 PM
jboord is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jboord Click here to Send jboord a Private Message Click Here to Email jboord Find more posts by jboord Add jboord to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bhutton
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like fun Dave I would like to get the old fat Hunter out again he still loves to compete at home he's just really old and fat.

Home of Grhbch Huttons Little HunterRIP, Hbch Huttons Little Hazzards Ditzy placed 5th in Champs at 2014 Nationals RIP, GRHBCH Huttons Little Blue Maverick 4th at the 2014 World Championship,HBCH Huttons Barbarian Titan placed 2nd at 2015 Hunting Beagle Nationals Champion class and placed 4th at the 2013 PP World, Huttons Little Rip Fuel placed 6th in Registered 2015 Hunting Beagle Nationals. Hutton's Little Ditzy's Chippy.

Old Post 07-18-2014 01:23 AM
Bhutton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bhutton Click here to Send Bhutton a Private Message Find more posts by Bhutton Add Bhutton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BDB
UKC Forum Member

heres a thought dave why do u have to have a dog a title to b recognized just because they run trials and titled i have had a number of hounds that r top dogs but dont get to many trials id would have put any of them against hounds in the prime ask curt douglas im sure sure others have the same ask hutton he saw buckwheat run others watched t jack run
even beat trigger alot , just a thought alot of better dogs out there that dont get trialed that r just as good or better
dont be blind turner im gunnin for ya next lol lol lol

Old Post 07-18-2014 02:57 AM
BDB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BDB Click here to Send BDB a Private Message Click Here to Email BDB Find more posts by BDB Add BDB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big matt t.
UKC Forum Member

Randy ive got 2 10 month old blue females come to ohio bring ur best and I will lay you to rest like I have for the last 25 yrs haha boom that just happened!! I will be waiting!!!!

"We Hual With Owens Boxes"
GRCH GRHBCH White River Coal Miner
GRCH GRHBCH Weedeater Fire River Blessing (Gena)
GRCH GRHBCH Litttle Italy's Gracie Girl
Regestered National Ch. GRHBCH Hartleyville Grimm Ripper
HBCH Big T's Leo's Coal Trash
GRHBCH Huttons Big T's Rip Fuel
(And Coming Soon)
Whiteriver Awhole Lotta Trouble
Big T's Lucy In The Sky
Big T's Can't Get Right
Big T's Pretty Girl Zoey
( Temperary Home Of )
GRHBCH Buck Lake Lola (RIP OLD GIRL)

Old Post 07-18-2014 05:26 AM
big matt t. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big matt t. Click here to Send big matt t. a Private Message Click Here to Email big matt t. Find more posts by big matt t. Add big matt t. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Leo
UKC Forum Member

old dog hunt

sounds like woud be great ideal i like it !!

LEO'S FRANKENSTEIN (FRANKIE)
LEO"S BLUEBERRY WINE (BLUE)
R&T's bad blue sky

Old Post 07-18-2014 10:55 AM
Donnie Leo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Leo Click here to Send Donnie Leo a Private Message Click Here to Email Donnie Leo Find more posts by Donnie Leo Add Donnie Leo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOHBC
UKC Forum Member

That would be awesome. Some old warriors putting on a show!! I envy the judges who get to run behind them. I feel bad for that unlucky bunny who has to flee from those dogs.

Hair or Hole Beagle Club

Last edited by HOHBC on 07-18-2014 at 03:23 PM

Old Post 07-18-2014 03:16 PM
HOHBC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOHBC Click here to Send HOHBC a Private Message Click Here to Email HOHBC Find more posts by HOHBC Add HOHBC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BDB
UKC Forum Member

turner if i come over to ohio to run with u i will be bringing back 2 ten month old hounds then what will u run , lol lol

ive mentioned about having a seperate cast for old hounds at nationals for years regardless of titles or not throw them all together, it never happens. i guess its too much work.

have fun everyone at the memorial .

Last edited by BDB on 07-18-2014 at 04:16 PM

Old Post 07-18-2014 04:08 PM
BDB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BDB Click here to Send BDB a Private Message Click Here to Email BDB Find more posts by BDB Add BDB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sundown Beagles
UKC Forum Member

Randy, this hunt would not require a title. BUT to be in the pedigree book you would have to have a UKC title.
Hutton - my thoughts exactly. Think it could be fun!!!!

Old Post 07-18-2014 06:37 PM
Sundown Beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sundown Beagles Click here to Send Sundown Beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email Sundown Beagles Find more posts by Sundown Beagles Add Sundown Beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big matt t.
UKC Forum Member

Dave let me know I will come help judge or handle a dog for someone!! If I cld handle red al I would win it all!!! Lol!!

(And Coming Soon)
Big T's Lucy In The Sky
Big T's Can't Get Right
Big T's Pretty Girl Zoey
( Temperary Home Of )

Old Post 07-18-2014 06:58 PM
big matt t. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big matt t. Click here to Send big matt t. a Private Message Click Here to Email big matt t. Find more posts by big matt t. Add big matt t. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
b.meade
UKC Forum Member

What time would this start Dave ? Don't have anything I can run but would enjoy watching the old hounds battle it out!

NGHBCH..GRHBCH CH. MEADES OUTBACK HARD PUMPING WINNIE. 2015 National GrHBCH CH GRHBCH MEADES OUTBACK DOUBLE D-DEZ 2014 NHBA days overall winner , Don Mcvay memorial champion & 1000$ overall winner , 2014 Dale Prunty Classic overall winner 2014 8th place world hunt. 2014 Midwest all age All Star series winner 2014 NHBA overall series point winner all before the age of 2 1/2 2015 all star series overall champion

Old Post 07-19-2014 01:37 PM
b.meade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for b.meade Click here to Send b.meade a Private Message Click Here to Email b.meade Find more posts by b.meade Add b.meade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big matt t.
UKC Forum Member

Im pretty sure old winnie and brute qualify!!

(And Coming Soon)
Big T's Lucy In The Sky
Big T's Can't Get Right
Big T's Pretty Girl Zoey
( Temperary Home Of )

Old Post 07-19-2014 08:17 PM
butcher boys
UKC Forum Member

Titled Hounds

I think having a dog without a title kinda defeats the purpose of showing up at hunts during the cold of winter or downpour in the summer. We run UKC to get titles on our dogs. I can't think of any other reason that i do it....Other than catching up with folks at the large hunts every year. Help me if i'm missing something. If a dog doesn't have a title, that doesn't mean it's not a great hound. I just think what Dave is trying to promote is having a hunt for older dogs that ran the trial circuit years ago and rewarding the cast winners.

I think it's a wonderful idea. I would certainly love to see some of these dogs go. However, i think i can remember someone trying to get some old dogs to show up at a large hunt a while back and run them together. I don't think anyone ended up showing up to actually run them. I think it was just a lot of "trolling". Actually, i think it was some of the "largely studed" dogs that they were trying to get show up and see who could still get it done. I still don't think this ever happened.

I have enjoyed the responses so far. I hope this one doesn't make anyone mad or kick up some old dust!!!!

Home of:
-GRHBCH GRCH 'PR' Butcher's White River Rascal
-HBCH CH Butcher's White River Abigail
-GRHBCH CH 'PR' Butcher's White River Shenango (Chloe)
-HBCH Butcher's White River The Rock 2015 WV State Hunt Winner
-HBCH 2x WShowCH CH 'PR' Butcher's White River Maci
-Butcher's Gridiron Annie
-Butcher's Flyin' Red Foxy Brown
-Butcher's Flyin' Red Maggie Mae

Rest in Peace:
HBCH CH Butcher's White River Tessa

http://www.butchersoutdoors.com

Old Post 07-20-2014 04:44 AM
butcher boys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for butcher boys Click here to Send butcher boys a Private Message Click Here to Email butcher boys Visit butcher boys's homepage! Find more posts by butcher boys Add butcher boys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sundown Beagles
UKC Forum Member

Andy, I think the problem is nobody wants to run them Ole hounds in a competition format as many feel they are out of shape and will not represent them well. Thats why I'm proposing that this will ONLY be 1 round. NO OVERALL WINNER. Heck we may even pair them up based on age. (10yr olds against 10 yr olds). For those just wanting to have fun we may even offer a cast split of the winnings prior to going out so there will be no need to keep score. Who knows. Just think it would be fun to watch the old boys go one more time!!! So lets try this a different way. Lets get a list of hounds that owners would be willing to bring and lets see if we can get enough. Just might bring someone to watch that might be willing to breed to your hound or purchase a pup.
I will start and say Sundown Triple Threat at 10 years of age (and VERY out of shape)

Old Post 07-21-2014 12:21 PM
Bhutton
UKC Forum Member

10 year old GRHBCH Huttons Little Hunter would join in the fun. I ran him last night with some young dogs he didn't fair to well I could hear his lungs when he breathed.

Home of Grhbch Huttons Little HunterRIP, Hbch Huttons Little Hazzards Ditzy placed 5th in Champs at 2014 Nationals RIP, GRHBCH Huttons Little Blue Maverick 4th at the 2014 World Championship,HBCH Huttons Barbarian Titan placed 2nd at 2015 Hunting Beagle Nationals Champion class and placed 4th at the 2013 PP World, Huttons Little Rip Fuel placed 6th in Registered 2015 Hunting Beagle Nationals. Hutton's Little Ditzy's Chippy.

Old Post 07-22-2014 03:07 AM
Bhutton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bhutton Click here to Send Bhutton a Private Message Find more posts by Bhutton Add Bhutton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
b.meade
UKC Forum Member

Matt the way Winnie's life has been I hate to take her off the farm she's been close to death 4 times ! I might bring her though she's been runnin with some pups . As far as brute I think he's still on the DL and probally fat like a hog .

Old Post 07-22-2014 12:20 PM
bob keese
UKC Forum Member

Dave,
Every dog I have trialed this year would qualify. I wouldn't have anything left to run. I guess I'm saying I need some young ones. My IFC is 13 and still producing, but I'm not sure he can hear, but he can run.
Bob

Old Post 07-22-2014 10:21 PM
bob keese is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bob keese Click here to Send bob keese a Private Message Click Here to Email bob keese Find more posts by bob keese Add bob keese to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
foggy bottoms
UKC Forum Member

Dave, that sounds like a **** good time ! If Rena and I get to come up ,I'd bring King 11yrs and was in semifinals at nationals this year ! He's still got it but the one hour would definately help them old legs lol

Home of real rabbit dogs " hunt jump and drive "

Old Post 07-29-2014 07:20 PM
foggy bottoms is offline Click Here to See the Profile for foggy bottoms Click here to Send foggy bottoms a Private Message Find more posts by foggy bottoms Add foggy bottoms to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mooredog
UKC Forum Member

WOW !! This is going to be a GREAT WEEKEND !!

Old Post 07-29-2014 07:38 PM
mooredog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mooredog Click here to Send mooredog a Private Message Click Here to Email mooredog Visit mooredog's homepage! Find more posts by mooredog Add mooredog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chrisR
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by big matt t.
Randy ive got 2 10 month old blue females come to ohio bring ur best and I will lay you to rest like I have for the last 25 yrs haha boom that just happened!! I will be waiting!!!!

Matt, is thst the nitro scruffy secret weapons i hear u hilding back?

Old Post 07-29-2014 08:02 PM
chrisR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chrisR Click here to Send chrisR a Private Message Click Here to Email chrisR Find more posts by chrisR Add chrisR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big matt t.
UKC Forum Member

Yes chris it is!! Thats all im gona let out at this moment lol!!

(And Coming Soon)
Big T's Lucy In The Sky
Big T's Can't Get Right
Big T's Pretty Girl Zoey
( Temperary Home Of )

Old Post 07-29-2014 08:50 PM