UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > 3/4 hound 1/4 cur?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SuperC
UKC Forum Member

3/4 hound 1/4 cur?

This may not be the best place to post this, but this cross would be an X-Bred cur according to UKC standards if I'm not mistaken, and I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with this kind of cross and how it turned out? Did it produce mainly coon dogs or a good percentage that did well on squirrels as well? What kind of hunting style/nose/range etc. did they have? I know that all this would vary depending on the individual dogs being crossed, but would appreciate any input!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2018 01:02 AM
SuperC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SuperC Click here to Send SuperC a Private Message Click Here to Email SuperC Find more posts by SuperC Add SuperC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Cross

Ones I did it with, I used for squirrel. Made exceptional dogs at young ages. They would range out long ways if squirrels had not moved in awhile though. I like that type. I have some now like that. Real hard , loud treedogs that hunt hard with good noses . Tree alot of squirrels. My friend has some similar with black and tan in them, nice dogs.

Last edited by swamp1 on 11-13-2018 at 01:53 AM

Old Post 11-13-2018 01:50 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SuperC
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info! Were yours 3/4 walker or did they have other breeds mixed in?

Old Post 11-13-2018 04:43 PM
SuperC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SuperC Click here to Send SuperC a Private Message Click Here to Email SuperC Find more posts by SuperC Add SuperC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bludog29
UKC Forum Member

I hunted a 1/2 walker, 1/4 bluetick, 1/4 cur dog for a guy. She was smart, hunted til she hit something, very accurate, ran track with a loud bawl, good bawl locate, and chop on tree. She was one year old when I hunted her and she was nice. She unfortunately had an accident early on which left her with a bum leg but it didn't seem to hurt any. She wouldn't kick dirt in your face but she didn't mess around any either. She tended to go straight in and wouldn't circle about much. Hunted her only on coons. Memory of her is what brought me here, looking into cross breeds and curs

Last edited by bludog29 on 11-21-2018 at 05:04 AM

Old Post 11-21-2018 04:55 AM
bludog29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bludog29 Click here to Send bludog29 a Private Message Click Here to Email bludog29 Find more posts by bludog29 Add bludog29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SuperC
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the reply! I can’t help but think that kind of cross would make a good medium range coon dog if nothing else.

Old Post 11-22-2018 03:45 AM