UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Competition hat
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Competition hat

Where does one buy competition hat? You know the kind I'm talking about. The kind where you're sitting around the clubhouse being best friends, then your buddy puts on his competition hat and heads to the woods. Would love to know where to buy one at. Any ideas?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-06-2019 02:15 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

There is lots of them around I'm sure someone prob has a extra. In all seriousness there is nothing wrong with wanting and trying to win. As long as you stay inside rules and treat people with respect. After all it is competition hunting.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 11-06-2019 02:47 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

old saying

"When the tailgate drops, The bulls__t stops". You can find in several ads/dealers handle caps & bumper stickers!! Can name a few from last 50 yrs. of competition hunting that act like best friend @ clubhouse & not so friendly, when you unsnap leash & start countdown watch. To me, a persons reputation is more important than 'stepping on toes' during a hunt because you aren't going to win every cast entered. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 11-06-2019 03:39 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

For a second there I thought I had finally found a customer for all those $200 - 300 hats he's got stacked in the closet lol!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-06-2019 04:20 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

3 guys

I don't have any room to Complain in all the hunts I've been in, I've only drawn 2 guys like that. The other one always wears that hat. My hope is, I never am that guy to other people. Good hunts and let the dogs do their thing.

Jen, I might buy some of those hats if you throw some brownies in.

Old Post 11-06-2019 05:19 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

I think you can just call the office of PKC and order one. I hear shipping charges are a little high though

Old Post 11-06-2019 05:28 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Jen

I've got several of those high priced ones @ UKC/$KC SS & World Finals myself. I think Josh is talking about a unsportsmanship type cap when the countdown watch starts!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 11-06-2019 05:37 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I know a couple of "Professional Handlers" that have one of those competition hats. I asked one where he got his once and he said that the guy whose dog he hunts gave it to him. The Pro Handler said that the dog's owner told him that he had to wear it whenever he hunted his dog. When this handler isn't hunting the owner's dog he doesn't wear his comp hat and is fun to hunt with. So, whenever you meet one of these handlers just look at the name that they wear on their hat.

Old Post 11-06-2019 06:55 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I got 35 limited edition $$$$ kc hats i would let go cheap bran new !! I am scared to wear them around here lol.

Tar

Old Post 11-06-2019 07:07 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, since you are going to start back competition hunting in 2020, are you going to get your old competion hat out and dust it off.

Old Post 11-06-2019 07:14 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tarbaby, since you are going to start back competition hunting in 2020, are you going to get your old competion hat out and dust it off.

Probly not I will probly set behind the moh table were Corey can hunt. Got a bunch down here that the new changes have got them on fire !! People that haven’t hunted in hunts in years.

Tarbaby

Old Post 11-06-2019 07:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tommygunner
Banned

Richard you wana go hunting tonight with me last warm night for a while , Ive been treeing 4 to 6 a night

Old Post 11-06-2019 08:08 PM
tommygunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tommygunner Click here to Send tommygunner a Private Message Click Here to Email tommygunner Find more posts by tommygunner Add tommygunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I am afraid that I would get too embarrassed.

Old Post 11-06-2019 09:39 PM