UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > The Litter Of Impact!
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
vernonsdream
UKC Forum Member

update on these pups?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-13-2013 10:19 PM
vernonsdream is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vernonsdream Click here to Send vernonsdream a Private Message Find more posts by vernonsdream Add vernonsdream to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by vernonsdream
update on these pups?

http://www.finleyriverchief.com/LITTER_OF_IMPACT.php

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Old Post 03-13-2013 10:22 PM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

I have wondered.... There were 10 pups in this litter, and im sure they were put in the hands of hunters that would have campaigned them if they had what it takes. They are pushing 3 years old now and i have yet to see a picture of one in the winners circle, but they sure seem to keep right on a breeding the heck outa these dogs that apparently for whatever reason dont have what it takes to win. They sure are purdy though.

Old Post 03-13-2013 10:35 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by john Duemmer
I have wondered.... There were 10 pups in this litter, and im sure they were put in the hands of hunters that would have campaigned them if they had what it takes. They are pushing 3 years old now and i have yet to see a picture of one in the winners circle, but they sure seem to keep right on a breeding the heck outa these dogs that apparently for whatever reason dont have what it takes to win. They sure are purdy though.
John one of the pups was killed in the woods by some kind of trap in a accident. Another one may have been killed, don't know for sure. I know of 6 others that consistently tree coon without help from other dogs. If some will ever be put in the hunts I don't know but for sure if they aren't put in the hunts you won't be seeing them doing any winning. Don't think just because they aren't being put in the hunts they couldn't win. There may be other reasons they aren't being put in competition but it ISN'T because they won't tree real live coons in real live trees.

Old Post 03-13-2013 11:03 PM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HistoryNutt
John There may be other reasons they aren't being put in competition

I guess those other reasons are what i wonder about, Its not like this litter was passed out to kids in the neighborhood. Its hard to believe if they are coon treers they wouldnt get hauled to town.

Old Post 03-13-2013 11:33 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I guess those other reasons are what i wonder about, Its not like this litter was passed out to kids in the neighborhood. Its hard to believe if they are coon treers they wouldnt get hauled to town.
John, some of these pups are owned by people who would rather not have the attention. In other words they are private people which I fully understand. Just because you haven't heard of any winning doesn't mean there hasn't been or won't be. If a person is a private person that is their right and they don't owe it to anyone to change that. For SURE the ones I know about ARE coon treers but that doesn't mean they will get hauled to town.

There are some things I can't tell Because I gave my word I would keep it to myself. It's not because I don't want to share somethings But if I want people to trust me enough to tell me things Then they have to trust me enough to know I'll keep my promises. People may not understand this BUT there are people who are Very Private and don't feel like or want people they don't even know to know their business.

Here is a picture of one of the pups from this litter. Her First UKC hunt she was ever entered in she Won 1st Place. When I am given permission to share more things about pups from this litter I will, gladly but I can't Until people tell me it is okay.

Won 1st Place in first UKC hunt ever entered in.

Old Post 03-14-2013 01:00 AM
TrackDrifter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HistoryNutt
John, some of these pups are owned by people who would rather not have the attention. In other words they are private people which I fully understand. Just because you haven't heard of any winning doesn't mean there hasn't been or won't be. If a person is a private person that is their right and they don't owe it to anyone to change that. For SURE the ones I know about ARE coon treers but that doesn't mean they will get hauled to town.

I'm going to have to agree with John on this one. This was a very anticipated cross, it was hyped up and people were talking and minds were wondering and these pups were suppose to be the best thing since sliced bread. It was even labeled "THE LITTER OF IMPACT" Now you know these pups were put in the hands of HUNTER'S, I sure as heck didn't see any for sell and most HUNTER'S that got something special will take them to town, especially ones out of a litter titled "THE LITTER OF IMPACT". These hounds are going on 3 and I've not seen, read, or heard of any thing special out of this litter, except that most of the males became stud's at around 12 months of age. I'm sure most if not all can tree there own coon, but with all the hype and hoo-rah people expected a lot out of this litter and expected to see atleast 1 of them in the winner's circle. Now they are still young and a lot of things can still happen, but you got to think..........If you label a litter of pups "THE LITTER OF IMPACT," people are going to expect to see RESULTS!!

Old Post 03-14-2013 02:04 AM
TrackDrifter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TrackDrifter Click here to Send TrackDrifter a Private Message Find more posts by TrackDrifter Add TrackDrifter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Goog lookin and good bred.Id sure like to own one.

Old Post 03-14-2013 02:50 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TrackDrifter
I'm going to have to agree with John on this one. This was a very anticipated cross, it was hyped up and people were talking and minds were wondering and these pups were suppose to be the best thing since sliced bread. It was even labeled "THE LITTER OF IMPACT" Now you know these pups were put in the hands of HUNTER'S, I sure as heck didn't see any for sell and most HUNTER'S that got something special will take them to town, especially ones out of a litter titled "THE LITTER OF IMPACT". These hounds are going on 3 and I've not seen, read, or heard of any thing special out of this litter, except that most of the males became stud's at around 12 months of age. I'm sure most if not all can tree there own coon, but with all the hype and hoo-rah people expected a lot out of this litter and expected to see atleast 1 of them in the winner's circle. Now they are still young and a lot of things can still happen, but you got to think..........If you label a litter of pups "THE LITTER OF IMPACT," people are going to expect to see RESULTS!!
TrackDrifter. you know what they say about when a person assumes something. You don't see any for sale for a Reason. And NOT Everyone wants people they don't know in THEIR business. That is their right AND if they want people to know about their business then I guess they will let people know. Now I put a pic up of one that Won 1st Place in their First UKC hunt and still people say "expected to see atleast 1 of them in the winner's circle." Go figure.

FIRST HUNT ENTERED IN WON 1ST PLACE UKC HUNT.

Old Post 03-14-2013 02:54 AM
GLANCY'S 7 MILE
UKC Forum Member

I would like to see some of these hounds from this cross pushed in the hunts and win. I enjoy LIPPER hounds, and am a sucker for that big LIPPER mouth. The truth is it doesn’t matter if the hounds from this cross FAIL or SUCCEED, being labeled “THE LITTER OF IMPACT,” your going to get ridiculed.

GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH MAC (RIP)
GRNITECH X2 PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE CLYDE
NITECH PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE MERCY

Old Post 03-14-2013 03:12 AM
GLANCY'S 7 MILE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GLANCY'S 7 MILE Click here to Send GLANCY'S 7 MILE a Private Message Click Here to Email GLANCY'S 7 MILE Visit GLANCY'S 7 MILE's homepage! Find more posts by GLANCY'S 7 MILE Add GLANCY'S 7 MILE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

LIPPER'S DR. LAW

LIPPER'S DR. LAW

LIPPER'S SLUGO, A Son Of Doc

PEARL JAMS, another LAW pup Being hunted on big game.

CLAY, on a Lion, another son of Dr. LAW

Last edited by HistoryNutt on 03-14-2013 at 03:26 AM

Old Post 03-14-2013 03:23 AM
Trey M
UKC Forum Member

Mr. John Duemmer

PM sent

SKUNA RIVER PYRO @ STUD
Trey Miller
Cell # 706-577-4124
Email lowhillkennels@gmail.com
(Copy And Paste Video)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TYBB5mhK8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
**Skuna River Bark + Schultz's Stylish Coma = Pyro**

Old Post 03-14-2013 03:37 AM
Trey M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trey M Click here to Send Trey M a Private Message Find more posts by Trey M Add Trey M to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whordel
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HistoryNutt
[b] TrackDrifter. you know what they say about when a person assumes something. You don't see any for sale for a Reason. And NOT Everyone wants people they don't know in THEIR business. That is their right AND if they want people to know about their business then I guess they will let people know. Now I put a pic up of one that Won 1st Place in their First UKC hunt and still people say "expected to see atleast 1 of them in the winner's circle." Go figure. and then there is some dogs that you cant give away lol but I'll have to agree with Trackdrifter if you name them "The Litter of Impact" people are wanting to see the results. 1 win don't mean crap in my book. Im not on here to ridicule any one dog and I hope they do make an Impact like all of Joe Houses dogs did but you have to deliver to the public or "The Litter of Impact" could be an epic fail. Best of luck to those who are hunting those dogs out of that litter.

2012 Autumn Oaks Cast Win
2012 Qualified Lee Crawford
2012 Qualified Purina National
2013 Walker Days Cast Win
2013 Qualified ACHA World
2 Wins toward Grand
Back to work so the hunting and hunts are over for now lol.
*2013 Performance Sire*

***RIP Gr.Nt.Ch River Kennel Rock***

Chris Cordle
BOSS LIGHTS
CCC
Carter County Cooners

Old Post 03-14-2013 03:43 AM
Whordel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whordel Click here to Send Whordel a Private Message Find more posts by Whordel Add Whordel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LIL-E
UKC Forum Member

Is this like eating beef jerky with bigfoot?

Old Post 03-14-2013 03:46 AM
LIL-E is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LIL-E Click here to Send LIL-E a Private Message Find more posts by LIL-E Add LIL-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

It's really a shame........

But reading some of the posts it's obvious a lot of people WANTED this litter to fail. Especially the retard that keeps asking why the dogs aren't titled. God knows if a dog isn't a GrNtCh then it can't possibly be a good coondog and a good producer which is why everyone wants an all grand pedigree. I'm glad for the dogs from this litter that are doing well. Jealousy is an ugly thing and no where is it more rampant than in the competition coon hunting world.

Old Post 03-15-2013 03:16 AM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R.lee prater
UKC Forum Member

Re: It's really a shame........

quote:
Originally posted by perry co cooner
But reading some of the posts it's obvious a lot of people WANTED this litter to fail. Especially the retard that keeps asking why the dogs aren't titled. God knows if a dog isn't a GrNtCh then it can't possibly be a good coondog and a good producer which is why everyone wants an all grand pedigree. I'm glad for the dogs from this litter that are doing well. Jealousy is an ugly thing and no where is it more rampant than in the competition coon hunting world.

Old Post 03-15-2013 11:51 AM
R.lee prater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R.lee prater Click here to Send R.lee prater a Private Message Find more posts by R.lee prater Add R.lee prater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TrackDrifter
UKC Forum Member

Re: It's really a shame........

quote:
Originally posted by perry co cooner
Jealousy is an ugly thing and no where is it more rampant than in the competition coon hunting world.

Their is nothing jealous about the people who are asking to see results. Think about it, this was a very hyped up, public cross, people expected to see this cross produce a litter filled with GRNITECH'S and even possibly win some big hunts. Most hunters today judge dogs and crosses on what they have won, or what the litter has won, and it is no different with this cross, especially since it was labeled: "THE LITTER OF IMPACT." I, myself along with a lot of others just thought they would be put in the hands of serious competition hunters, that would push them in the hunts, and WIN. Now a couple of years have passed and people don’t see any hounds from this cross in the winner’s circle, and people start to question, and think that the cross was a failure.

I am no HATER, nor am I much of a jealous person. I have hunted and did some winning with HOUSE BRED hounds for nearly 20 years, and amazed with how far along breeding has come in our great sport. But I was curious and still a little leery why none of these hounds are pushed in the hunts and titled. Titles don’t make a hound, nor do they carry the respect they used to 10-20 years ago but usually if someone has a nice hound they want to compete with it, especially if their hound CAN WIN and is a product of such a famous cross.

Last edited by TrackDrifter on 03-15-2013 at 08:55 PM

Old Post 03-15-2013 08:52 PM
TrackDrifter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TrackDrifter Click here to Send TrackDrifter a Private Message Find more posts by TrackDrifter Add TrackDrifter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

LITTER OF IMPACT..,

Thanks.. Well stated and understood.
My computer is down and my phone will
only allow short responses. I will edit this
Post in order to give a proper response. Thanks

Firstly I did not save LIPPERS 2 year old
Semen for 30 years to get a dog to run
The competition curcuit with.

My goal and dream was to bring back
Good looking track driving big mouthed
Hair raising accurate tree dogs. I see
That happening through Dr. Law pups.

Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/ Lipper
903-407-0530

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Last edited by Hopkins/Lipper on 03-15-2013 at 11:10 PM

Old Post 03-15-2013 09:52 PM
Hopkins/Lipper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopkins/Lipper Click here to Send Hopkins/Lipper a Private Message Click Here to Email Hopkins/Lipper Find more posts by Hopkins/Lipper Add Hopkins/Lipper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: It's really a shame........

quote:
Originally posted by TrackDrifter
Their is nothing jealous about the people who are asking to see results. Think about it, this was a very hyped up, public cross, people expected to see this cross produce a litter filled with GRNITECH'S and even possibly win some big hunts. Most hunters today judge dogs and crosses on what they have won, or what the litter has won, and it is no different with this cross, especially since it was labeled: "THE LITTER OF IMPACT." I, myself along with a lot of others just thought they would be put in the hands of serious competition hunters, that would push them in the hunts, and WIN. Now a couple of years have passed and people don’t see any hounds from this cross in the winner’s circle, and people start to question, and think that the cross was a failure.

I am no HATER, nor am I much of a jealous person. I have hunted and did some winning with HOUSE BRED hounds for nearly 20 years, and amazed with how far along breeding has come in our great sport. But I was curious and still a little leery why none of these hounds are pushed in the hunts and titled. Titles don’t make a hound, nor do they carry the respect they used to 10-20 years ago but usually if someone has a nice hound they want to compete with it, especially if their hound CAN WIN and is a product of such a famous cross.

I'm glad u mentioned titles don't make a hound. How many hounds have made an impact in 2 or 3 years? It seems like most dogs that made a serious impact on their breed were much older than 2 or 3 when people finally realized the actual impact the dog truly had. From reading posts from people that actually hunted with the dogs from this litter and their offspring it would appear they are doing just fine and who's to say what kind if impact they will have on the walker breed when the smoke clears. And just on a side note.....there are plenty of serious, capable hunters that don't competition hunt. I personally could care less if a dog is a GrNtCh or never was entered in a hunt or if he is all grand or doesn't have a titled dog in his pedigree. I guess the only person that really matters in the man or men that own the dogs and it would appear that they couldn't be happier but who am I to say? All this of course is just my humble opinion.

Old Post 03-16-2013 03:03 AM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

With all that being said its my experience that when you throw a rock into a pack of dogs the one that yips is usually the one that got hit!

Old Post 03-16-2013 03:07 AM
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

I have never seen so much smoke blown up so many a$$es.
All this titles dont make a coondog crap is about the oldest excuse in the book, it is and always has been the way we evaluate a dogs talent against others. If you dont think so i would refer you to page one of this thread where Lippers ad lists his titles and acomplishments.
Its also insulting to all the guys out there who devote their lives to traveling and campaigning a dog, spending thousands of hours,and thousands of dollars getting them ready to compete for a coveted title, and then some stumpjumper comes along and says "titles dont make a coondog". OR "papers dont tree coon"
ITS BULLLLLLLLLLLLLSHT.

Old Post 03-16-2013 02:06 PM
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I have never seen so much smoke blown up so many a$$es.
All this titles dont make a coondog crap is about the oldest excuse in the book, it is and always has been the way we evaluate a dogs talent against others. If you dont think so i would refer you to page one of this thread where Lippers ad lists his titles and acomplishments.
Its also insulting to all the guys out there who devote their lives to traveling and campaigning a dog, spending thousands of hours,and thousands of dollars getting them ready to compete for a coveted title, and then some stumpjumper comes along and says "titles dont make a coondog". OR "papers dont tree coon"
ITS BULLLLLLLLLLLLLSHT.

I 110% agree. Couldn't have said it better myself! If this litter is going to have an impact and titles don't mean jack, then ya'll are promoting/posting on the wrong site!

Is there a pleasurehunters.com website? If so, I suggest ya'll head on over there and blow your loads!

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 03-16-2013 02:59 PM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hopkins/Lipper
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Joey... I would love to go hunting with you. My pup of course is too young to go yet as their eyes are just opening. It won't be long till I'm an every nighter again. I will call or send you a pm. Thanks and looking forward to meeting you.
Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/Lipper

Put the proof in the pudding and start posting pleasure hunting pics "every night". It ain't that hard and I still work full time!

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 03-16-2013 03:03 PM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

THE BIG PICTURE

I think some may be overlooking the Big picture. "A person can Appear to be brave, but Prove to be dumb by getting something killed that CAN'T be replaced."

Old Post 03-16-2013 03:44 PM
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

I guess if you need a title to let u know how good a dog is or how good it will reproduce you should just look elsewhere for a stud dog. I'm pretty sure Mr. Hopkins or any of the other men that own the dogs from this litter don't feel they owe you a thing or have to prove anything to you. If I remember right this is a coon hunting message board not a competition hunting board. Some people might be more impressed by a dog that won its titles from rinky dink local hunts than a litter directly off one of the greatest reproducers of all time. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I just think its funny that the people that own these dogs and have hunted with them have nothing but good to say about them.

Old Post 03-16-2013 04:31 PM