UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Polls are good buuuuuut !
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Polls are good buuuuuut !

Not everybody looks at this board.

Just sayen

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-10-2019 08:28 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Every body dont? Oh thanks for clearing that Tar. Lol

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-10-2019 09:02 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Lol so you can’t get an accurate account of how the majority feels or would vote.

Tar

Old Post 05-10-2019 09:10 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

I know what you saying. Buuuut I couldnt pass up messing with ya.

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-10-2019 09:20 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Lol so you can’t get an accurate account of how the majority feels or would vote.

Tar

The majority don't always win anyway. Ask Hillary.

Old Post 05-10-2019 09:32 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

63 % says a change is needed 37% leave as is. Split the vote enough and no change wins.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 05-10-2019 09:48 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Tar

So the 70/30 vote for a tree countdown should be disregarded?

Are you saying that message board polls are like main stream media polls that said Trump had no chance of winning? Is there a silent majority of older consevative coonhunters that don't vote on interweb polls.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-10-2019 at 10:39 PM

Old Post 05-10-2019 10:32 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Some don’t like change period even tho they are to old to compete anyway! They might vote with a no vote just because change makes them uncomfortable. If you are are moh and you been ( the man ) for years you might have to learn something new and some might be taken out of their comfort zone.

I couldn’t type or text 4 yrs ago.

Tarbaby

Old Post 05-10-2019 10:46 PM
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
So the 70/30 vote for a tree countdown should be disregarded?

Are you saying that message board polls are like main stream media polls that said Trump had no chance of winning? Is there a silent majority of older consevative coonhunters that don't vote on interweb polls.

Better look again. 35% A, 34% B and 30% leave it alone

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 05-10-2019 10:55 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I couldn’t type or text 4 yrs ago.

Tarbaby

Lots of us wish you still couldn’t!!!!!

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 05-10-2019 11:54 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

its just like nascar the more the rules change the less the crowd its sad but true

Old Post 05-11-2019 12:13 AM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by BETHLEHEM BLUES
Lots of us wish you still couldn’t!!!!!

No wonder a blue dog can’t win a world hunt. Y’all have no sense of humor!!

Tar

Old Post 05-11-2019 01:54 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

How many voting actually hunt in the hunts and if so how many a year. That is the poll that needs ran.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-11-2019 02:51 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

I hunt 20+ a year but try hunt coon dogs not certain breed. So I haven't paid breed dues in few years so I can have an opinion just not a voice or vote.

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-11-2019 05:42 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
How many voting actually hunt in the hunts and if so how many a year. That is the poll that needs ran.

I used to think the same way, but the thing is comp rules affect what traits dogs are bred for and that effects everyone. So everyone regardless if they participate or not deserves a say.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-11-2019 11:43 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Tar, that's the thing with polls, they are small sample numbers that normally turn out to be accurate for the overall. Sometimes they are off but for the biggest part they are accurate. They can sample 2000 of 100,000 voters and come up with the correct outcome 95% of the time.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-11-2019 11:50 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Tar, that's the thing with polls, they are small sample numbers that normally turn out to be accurate for the overall. Sometimes they are off but for the biggest part they are accurate. They can sample 2000 of 100,000 voters and come up with the correct outcome 95% of the time.

Joey will try and say this right. Last night they had a hunt about 60 miles from me most of all the hunters were over 50 yrs old they had 2 cast. I just went and judged the bench show at a club 30 miles from me a while ago had 2 dogs as far as I know they are both going to hunt nobody else was there Brian has to be hunt director 2 dogs. If they have more I told him to send them here and I will guide them. Now all the guys older than me that were the glue of a club are gone. The rest are my age I am 61 yrs old and we have grandkids, like to fish, like to spend time with family which back in the day we made time for the club because we knew we were appreciated now nobody of the younger bunch show up till 10 minutes before draw. They are not stepping up. The new format did not work down here. So I hope with everything I got that the rule changes will motivate the young folks to step up and I will help them to the best of my ability if they do. But far as the polls go when I ask them about things I just get that 1000 yard stare. They already have had a taste of the other kcs and they are just going to have to see it happen to believe it. This is just in my area not talking about anywhere else.

Tar

Old Post 05-12-2019 01:07 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you don't agree with the results of a poll, then blame the poll. There must be something wrong with the poll if you don't get the results that you want. Buuut, there are several ways to get the results that you want. One is to only sample people that agree with you. Another is to ask loaded questions. A poll is only as accurate as the person taking the poll. Just tell a good pollster what result you want and they will get them.

Old Post 05-12-2019 01:13 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I didn’t say I didn’t agree with it but a lot has to do with we’re the voters are Jim said he had 8 clubs around him I would love to have all that going on around me.

They ended up with 6 dogs.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 05-12-2019 at 02:40 AM

Old Post 05-12-2019 01:24 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, that is the problem with voting. Some areas of the country have 2-3 times as many hunters so they can dictate how the hunts/rules are in the rest of the country. For instance, your area will never influence how the hunts are in Indiana but they can determine how the hunts are run in Oklahoma and Texas. UKC has just realized this and done something about it. Each club can determine what type of hunt to have, how long it should be and what entry fee to set. This is a great start. Now if you don't like how the hunts are run, join the club's and help make those decicions.

Letting the Breed Association Reps vote on rule changes is UKC's attempt at an electoral college. That is why the rule change vote is not always the popular vote.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-12-2019 at 01:48 PM

Old Post 05-12-2019 01:44 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Tarbaby, that is the problem with voting. Some areas of the country have 2-3 times as many hunters so they can dictate how the hunts/rules are in the rest of the country. For instance, your area will never influence how the hunts are in Indiana but they can determine how the hunts are run in Oklahoma and Texas. UKC has just realized this and done something about it. Each club can determine what type of hunt to have, how long it should be and what entry fee to set. This is a great start. Now if you don't like how the hunts are run, join the club's and help make those decicions.

Letting the Breed Association Reps vote on rule changes is UKC's attempt at an electoral college. That is why the rule change vote is not always the popular vote.

You don’t understand and I don’t know how to tell you !! But I am a life time member of that club.

Tar

Old Post 05-12-2019 01:57 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
You don’t understand and I don’t know how to tell you !! But I am a life time member of that club.

Tar

Now I am beginning to understand.

Old Post 05-12-2019 02:05 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Now I am beginning to understand.

Don’t matter how good the food you cook is if nobody shows up to eat it and that’s how the whole area is down here not just this club. Didn’t you see where shadic said the had a slam hunt in Louisiana and nobody showed. Now since you know it all give me the formula for success.

Tarbaby

Old Post 05-12-2019 02:11 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

There isn't one Tarbaby. The money hunts aren't drawing at the local level either and they are using the rules that y'all are asking for. The younger guys are money hunters, not coonhunters. They hunt for money. They care about money winners, not coondogs. Hunters just starting out will go where they respect the hunters. In some areas they respect the UKC hunters and in some areas they respect the PKC hunters. Perceptions are hard to change. And changing the rules will not change those perceptions but hunters that know the rules might.

Old Post 05-12-2019 02:49 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I am so dagum mad it’s causing me to have to go fishen everyday!!!!

Tarbaby

Old Post 05-12-2019 07:30 PM