UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bark collar on pup
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thebigcat454545
UKC Forum Member

Bark collar on pup

Can a pup bark itself out? I have a 12 wk old pup that was moved to an outside kennel and she barks quite a bit, seems like she's alittle horse. she's getting better. should i let it go, can you put a bark collar on them? what would you do? Thanks

937-407-0128

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein~

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well. ~Josh Billings~

Last edited by thebigcat454545 on 02-24-2010 at 02:06 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2010 02:03 PM
thebigcat454545 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thebigcat454545 Click here to Send thebigcat454545 a Private Message Click Here to Email thebigcat454545 Find more posts by thebigcat454545 Add thebigcat454545 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turman
UKC Forum Member

I don`t think I would use a collar on one that young, maybe a jug of water but imo 12 weeks is too young for a collar.

Old Post 02-24-2010 02:07 PM
turman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for turman Click here to Send turman a Private Message Click Here to Email turman Find more posts by turman Add turman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thebigcat454545
UKC Forum Member

I haven't used one...don't even have one). I thought it may be to young, just didnt know what to do. What do you meen...jug of water?

937-407-0128

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein~

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well. ~Josh Billings~

Old Post 02-24-2010 03:33 PM
thebigcat454545 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thebigcat454545 Click here to Send thebigcat454545 a Private Message Click Here to Email thebigcat454545 Find more posts by thebigcat454545 Add thebigcat454545 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turman
UKC Forum Member

Pup starts barking you throw a jug of water on them and yell "QUIET" if they got any kind of brain in their head they shut up fast.

Old Post 02-24-2010 05:29 PM
turman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for turman Click here to Send turman a Private Message Click Here to Email turman Find more posts by turman Add turman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thebigcat454545
UKC Forum Member

lol. o.k....thanks

937-407-0128

Old Post 02-24-2010 05:35 PM
Randy Tallon
UKC Forum Member

Right now, snow balls are getting the work out with my pup. Everytime I go out there because the pup is barking I toss a snowwball at the kennel. I don't have to hit them directly because when the snowball breaks on the fencing it sends snow all over. It's working.

USAF proud!!! 6 Years active 19 Reserves MSgt (ret) Raven 457
Carpe Nocturnum-Seize the night!

Old Post 02-24-2010 05:38 PM
Randy Tallon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Tallon Click here to Send Randy Tallon a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Tallon Find more posts by Randy Tallon Add Randy Tallon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote