UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > World hunt fun?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

World hunt fun?

What goes on at the world hunt that guys like me who are not hunting would enjoy? I am thinking about driving down there just to have a look around and be on the grounds. Thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-15-2019 09:58 PM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

I think Tar is sitting in on the dunk tank...

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 09-15-2019 10:00 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Harder

I bet he will float.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 09-15-2019 11:15 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
that would be a moneymaker. Don't leave out tar's antagonists David and Richard. You might be onto something there. Lol

Old Post 09-15-2019 11:16 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

Might draw a bigger crowd than the hunt!

Old Post 09-15-2019 11:58 PM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:

Tars ride didn’t get through the zones I will be forced to watch all the ................ LIVE ACTION on here !! And eat all these goodies.

Tar

Old Post 09-16-2019 12:07 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

It's good he's not going. Richard and Dave would come home broke with sore arms.

Old Post 09-16-2019 12:16 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
It's good he's not going. Richard and Dave would come home broke with sore arms.

Theyd a got wet trying to get me wet !!

Tar

Old Post 09-16-2019 12:21 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Bet we would have fun trying! Dave

Old Post 09-16-2019 12:22 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Bet we would have fun trying! Dave

I like to swim I don’t like being held under I would get ahold of ole two perch and a turtles pony tail 😂

Tar

Old Post 09-16-2019 12:31 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Re: World hunt fun?

quote:
Originally posted by Doug A
What goes on at the world hunt that guys like me who are not hunting would enjoy? I am thinking about driving down there just to have a look around and be on the grounds. Thanks in advance.

Not much to look at, unless you're going down to watch the Show. Typically the guys that don't advance pack up and go home.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 09-16-2019 02:02 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

There might be a couple of vendors but that's about it. Not much to see

Old Post 09-16-2019 11:10 AM
Black And Tan Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black And Tan Man Click here to Send Black And Tan Man a Private Message Click Here to Email Black And Tan Man Find more posts by Black And Tan Man Add Black And Tan Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

Black And Tan Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black And Tan Man Click here to Send Black And Tan Man a Private Message Click Here to Email Black And Tan Man Find more posts by Black And Tan Man Add Black And Tan Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Very serious atmosphere at the World. Guys are there for one purpose... To Win... They aren't there to visit, have fun or shop. They are very competitive and focused or they wouldn't be there. Mist have come a long way. And when they get beat, they aren't in a very good mood.

Old Post 09-16-2019 01:01 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

I was hoping the live play by play atmosphere would be interesting but no?

Old Post 09-16-2019 01:21 PM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Interesting for the interweb coonhunters sitting at home.

Old Post 09-16-2019 01:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Re: World hunt fun?

quote:
Originally posted by Doug A

Don't listen to these guys. The hidden gem at the World Hunt is sticking around for the Final Four Cast Interviews, Photo-Ops and Play By Play.

UKC has always been good about broadcasting the Play By Play on the grounds after the cast heads to the woods, and, Allen will have a good, long interview / conversation with the cast right before they head out. It's pretty awesome to sit back and listen to.

Not to mention, they usually offer Slam Hunts in conjuction with the World Hunt for dogs that get knocked out. Bring a dog and go for a hunt while your at it! They should have Slams Thursday - Saturday night.

Last edited by Corey Gruver on 09-16-2019 at 02:46 PM

Old Post 09-16-2019 02:44 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

Do what you want, just let us know much there was to see and do, if your not a participant.

Old Post 09-16-2019 03:57 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

If you arent packing a dog or going as a spectator save your time and money . After round one it will be a ghost town.

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 09-16-2019 06:10 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevwallace
UKC Forum Member

If it like any before it be few locals hanging around but all hunters be dead on serious. Not many vendors either . If you expecting any thing like the three other big hunts you will be disappointed. But with all that said if I was close I would still drop by after all it is THE World Hunt..when it was at Rogersville Tn. took my Dad. He was in his 70's. Seeing those big name dogs that he had only read about in the Coonhound Bloodlines and listening to final four interview he loved it.

Old Post 09-17-2019 01:39 AM
stevwallace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stevwallace Click here to Send stevwallace a Private Message Click Here to Email stevwallace Find more posts by stevwallace Add stevwallace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote