UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

garmin

On my alpha my tt10 shows as a arrow, the tt15's show's up with dog icons. What do I need to correct the tt10 to a dog icon on the screen.
Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-16-2018 02:29 AM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad Francis
UKC Forum Member

Batteries

Carry plenty of batteries.

Old Post 04-16-2018 03:37 AM
Chad Francis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad Francis Click here to Send Chad Francis a Private Message Click Here to Email Chad Francis Find more posts by Chad Francis Add Chad Francis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Rutting buck that should not be an individual setting for eack dog. You either have running pointers on or off which is selected from the compass page menu. Hope i understood your guestion.

Old Post 04-16-2018 03:10 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

pointers

Pointers are showing for all dogs . I must of thought it was just my tt10. When I click on pointers on or pointers off they stay on the screen.
Thanks

Old Post 04-21-2018 04:56 AM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

pointers

Pointers are showing for all dogs . I must of thought it was just my tt10. When I click on pointers on or pointers off they stay on the screen.
Thanks

Old Post 04-21-2018 04:56 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Are you making the changes with the collars on. Running pointers on or off selection is how your change it from dog icon to running pointer. You can even select if you want to see dogs name and distance on the map page.

Old Post 04-21-2018 11:46 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

pointers

yes and yes I will call the shop in a couple hours and maybe someone can walk me through it

Old Post 04-21-2018 01:57 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Go to map page. Hit menu and select show dog status. That should put dog icon screen. Select hide dog status to change back to icon think i told you wrong first time. I was hung up on the different symbols for tt15 and tt10 as i knew they should be the same

Old Post 04-21-2018 03:37 PM
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

thanks

Thanks Mr Conkey
Before I seen your last post I deleted all the data . When I entered the collars it was working normally

Old Post 04-23-2018 04:16 AM
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

thanks

Thanks Mr Conkey
Before I seen your last post I deleted all the data . When I entered the collars it was working normally

Old Post 04-23-2018 04:16 AM
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

Birds eye view

Just got a new alpha and new Indiana birds eye. Opened them both and put the card in. Turned it on and it wont read the card. What’s up with this? Do I need to do something?

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :
"GR NT CH TBO's Lucy Lawless"

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Chief Executive"
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 04-24-2018 01:39 PM
TBO kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBO kennels Click here to Send TBO kennels a Private Message Find more posts by TBO kennels Add TBO kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Don't know where to start answering your question because I don't know how familiar you are with the ALPHA. If you can. Have your ALPHA with you and after 10PM call the store and ask for Corey. He can walk you through it. Might want to go to the ABOUT page and see what version software you have installed and have that info available.
904-692-1568

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 04-24-2018 at 02:02 PM

Old Post 04-24-2018 01:59 PM
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

It says invalid Birdseye file when I turn it on then can’t unlock maps

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:11 PM
TBO kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBO kennels Click here to Send TBO kennels a Private Message Find more posts by TBO kennels Add TBO kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

What I was thinking. You need to update it. First see what version software you have in it. You can do that by going to the HOME page then selecting Setup (first choice) and then scrolling all the way to the last page which is ABOUT. That will tell you the software version. You pare probably in the 5.6 or high 5 range would be my guess.

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:17 PM
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:19 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thats scary. That is the latest update and what you should have. Back around version 5.6 or so they came out with the Birdseye card and this popped up. At that time you had to call Garmin and get a file sent to you to unlock the map on some ALPHAS. Then they fixed the problem with updates in the 6.0 range. Here is what I would suggest. I think you should call garment and tell them what you have and hopefully they can help you. 1800-800-1020 Please pm me and let me know what the did to fix it.

I just called Garmin and they confirmed that if you called them they could help you out.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 04-24-2018 at 02:35 PM

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:31 PM
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

They said it has to be the card. I got it from a vendor at Walker Days. Not sure who they were I will have to post and find out.

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:42 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I will call Garmin back. I will let you know. I am not sure it is the card.

One question for you. When the Card is out does it say you cannot unlock maps or does it work OK. It is works when the card is out then it is probably the card.

I will give you 3 choices.
Find the vendor you purchased from and exchange.
Call Garmin at the toll free number and exchange.
Send to me and I will exchange it for you.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 04-24-2018 at 02:56 PM

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:44 PM
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

Also I can’t get Garmin express to find the collar so I can update it. Is there a tricky

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:52 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yes the trick is to shut the program down and try again. Are you using a mac to windows computer. DO NOT USE a MAC.

I find web updater a lot more user friendly to use for handhelds and collars.

Read my last post about your card.

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:57 PM
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

It works when the card is out

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 04-24-2018 03:03 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think you have three options on another card.

Locate the vendor you purchased it from.
Call Garmin and they will replace.
Send it to me and I will replace.

Old Post 04-24-2018 03:10 PM
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

Garmin said no since I didn’t get it from them trying to find out who it was. They were next to Hoop I
Posted it on the main page.

Can u swap it out for no charge?

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 04-24-2018 03:12 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

If you can't find out. PM me and I will take care of you.

Old Post 04-24-2018 05:43 PM
coonsmen
UKC Forum Member

Dc50 and tt5 problems

Dc50- I used it last week and everything worked fine. I think I left it on at the end of the hunt draining the entire battery. When I place it on the charger it shows a red solid light as if it is charging but never switches to green showing it's charged. When I take it off the charger and try turning it on, nothing happens. Not sure how to fix this issue or what caused it.

Tt5- when I place the collar on the charger, the collar will turn on every time. Again, not sure why this is happening

Two totally different chargers and wall outlets.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff S.

Old Post 05-06-2018 03:18 PM
coonsmen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonsmen Click here to Send coonsmen a Private Message Click Here to Email coonsmen Find more posts by coonsmen Add coonsmen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote