UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SEMO
UKC Forum Member

added a new mini t5 collar today, I can see it on the dog list but cannot see it listed on maps or compass page. How do I fix this, Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2018 02:18 AM
SEMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SEMO Click here to Send SEMO a Private Message Click Here to Email SEMO Find more posts by SEMO Add SEMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

What handheld did you add it to. Generally when they are on the dog list and not showing on the compass page it means the tracking was stopped on them. Select their name from the dog list and see if Start Tracking is an option given you.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 02-28-2018 at 04:24 PM

Old Post 02-28-2018 02:07 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SEMO
UKC Forum Member

its an Alpha the only options on dog list is show info, move up/down, remove and share wireless

Old Post 03-01-2018 11:03 PM
SEMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SEMO Click here to Send SEMO a Private Message Click Here to Email SEMO Find more posts by SEMO Add SEMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SEMO
UKC Forum Member

its an Alpha the only options on dog list is show info, move up/down, remove and share wireless

Old Post 03-01-2018 11:03 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

From the compass page select “sync list” and see if that does anything.

Old Post 03-01-2018 11:33 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SEMO
UKC Forum Member

I read that earlier in the thread and I tried it, it did show all three at the bottom of screen but only the 2 already on there if you tried to scroll from 1 dog to the other

Old Post 03-01-2018 11:39 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Hard to explain why but you need it to show list sync On

Old Post 03-02-2018 12:32 AM
SEMO
UKC Forum Member

I'll try that, Thanks for your help.

I know you spend a lot of time helping others and I appreciate it. If I need help I usually look back thru you posts and a lot of times I see where others have had the same problem and can find answers on here that way.

Again Thanks

Old Post 03-02-2018 12:52 AM
SEMO
UKC Forum Member

Got it working THANKS

Old Post 03-02-2018 01:05 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

I just had to have a TT15 replaced. I've got it but it keeps loosing signal at maybe 300 yes, then will come back and then loose again. I've never had this problem and am running another TT15 at the same time and it does not loose signal. Any suggestions? And thanks for your time.

Old Post 03-03-2018 09:06 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

I just had to have a TT15 replaced. I've got it but it keeps loosing signal at maybe 300 yes, then will come back and then loose again. I've never had this problem and am running another TT15 at the same time and it does not loose signal. Any suggestions? And thanks for your time.

Old Post 03-03-2018 09:06 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog2345
UKC Forum Member

I am having the same problem out of my t 15 looses service at about 400 I would appreciate the help to didn't know if it might be an update thing or not

Old Post 03-03-2018 09:30 PM
treedog2345 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog2345 Click here to Send treedog2345 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog2345 Add treedog2345 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Well mine should be updated as I've had it less than 2 weeks.

Old Post 03-03-2018 10:30 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

My advice is to update the handheld. I think the latest update dealt with a problem like this. Preacher you said you had one collar working good. Getting the collar new or refurbished doesn't mean it don't need updating and that is possible. If the one loosing signal is the refurb that just came back from Garmin it has a warranty and you probably should call them and get another one.

Old Post 03-04-2018 12:47 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

I will contact them and send it back. It sure doesn't work like the existing on I've had for a couple of years. Just hate to be without a collar. This has really spoiled me, being able to know where they are and control them. Thanks again.

Old Post 03-04-2018 12:56 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for all the questions and I hope this post has been a help to some of you!

Old Post 03-11-2018 03:04 PM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, Garmin should pay you. I hope this is not I am quitting msg.

Old Post 03-12-2018 01:44 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Not quitting for sure. Just figured some could read this and get info needed and not wait for answer.

Old Post 03-12-2018 02:37 PM
jawjacker22
UKC Forum Member

Alpha Tracking

Question for you Bruce - I have an Alpha and from the map page, it will not show my dogs track or icon unless I hit the + key and zoom in to the 40 yard key. At that point, the dogs track and icon for my dog will appear. But as soon as I zoom back out, it will disappear again. How can I change this so I can see the track and icon at a wider screen? It hasn't always been like this, I'm assuming I bumped something or changed something by mistake.

Gr Nt Ch Half Breed Pinner

Nite Ch Half Breed Pin-Up Girl

Old Post 03-31-2018 02:16 PM
jawjacker22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawjacker22 Click here to Send jawjacker22 a Private Message Click Here to Email jawjacker22 Find more posts by jawjacker22 Add jawjacker22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

From that map page select MENU BARS and then select restore default from the menu. It is as layering issue that happens especially if you haven't cleared out old tracks and archived tracks on the alpha. That is important to do to keep it running smooth. Also one of the newer updates corrects addresses that problem. So I would suggest updating.

Old Post 03-31-2018 02:25 PM
jawjacker22
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce!!!

Gr Nt Ch Half Breed Pinner

Nite Ch Half Breed Pin-Up Girl

Old Post 03-31-2018 11:26 PM
jawjacker22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawjacker22 Click here to Send jawjacker22 a Private Message Click Here to Email jawjacker22 Find more posts by jawjacker22 Add jawjacker22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter, MO
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 04-09-2018 12:30 AM
coonhunter, MO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter, MO Click here to Send coonhunter, MO a Private Message Find more posts by coonhunter, MO Add coonhunter, MO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

Question for ya Bruce. I have the Hunt view card in my Alpha. About once every couple weeks my screen goes dark blue, it still shows the dog and its distance but doesn't show it trail or any roads. Basically its a dark screen that only shows the dog and nothing else. Only way I have been able to get the map back is doing a master reset. Any ideas on a fix?

Old Post 04-09-2018 02:45 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Blake that is a new one on me. When it does it, I would try hitting map-menu and restore defaults. That takes care of several minor issues with layering. Like the standard fix all, I would also suggest an update if you haven't done one lately. I will ask around and see if I can come up with something else but haven't heard of that specific problem.

Also it is a great idea to reset the trip computer and also delete all the archived tracks.

Old Post 04-09-2018 02:56 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

I will try and update it, restoring defaults doesn't work. No matter what map setting you put it on its just a dark screen with the dog on it. Thank you

Old Post 04-09-2018 03:31 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote