UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Extra hunting equipment
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Extra hunting equipment

I for one have some extra hunting equipment that I would give to a needy hunter. Some of us are more fortunate than others and have items we just don't need. Why not give these items to someone less fortunate? Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2019 10:26 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

Pm

Sent

FUELED BY SHOWTIME DOG FOOD !!!

Old Post 01-17-2019 10:59 PM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Dave wasn't you one that also give away couple older finished hounds to approved homes?

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 01-17-2019 11:03 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Nathan

Yes, I am the one. I would rather give something to someone that needs it than just have it go unused. I hope this catches on and we can help those that need a little help. I have seen others on this board give things away to those that needed help. We have a lot of really good folks , some just need a little help. Dave

Old Post 01-17-2019 11:25 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

That's good stuff Dave

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 01-18-2019 12:36 AM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Nathan

I appreciate the kind remarks. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2019 12:55 AM
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

Beep beep tracker

I have an extra old school tracking system with 2 collars if anyone could use it I’d gladly give it to someone it works great !!

FUELED BY SHOWTIME DOG FOOD !!!

Old Post 01-18-2019 01:13 AM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Last time I gave away a bunch of stuff it all ended up at the flea market a week later some people you just can't help , good luck on your endeavors hopefully you will find someone honest.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-18-2019 01:46 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Joe Wilbanks

Unfortunately, I too have had some unpleasant experiences, but I will not let that stop me for helping someone else. Not everyone is a crook or trying to beat us out of something. Items we don't need can and will help someone who does need them, anyway we are not benefiting from them not getting used. Heck, if they need the money more than the item, I don't care if they sell something I give them. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2019 02:26 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
Last time I gave away a bunch of stuff it all ended up at the flea market a week later some people you just can't help , good luck on your endeavors hopefully you will find someone honest.

I donated a nice pair of boots recently and am glad someone can use them!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-18-2019 03:26 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

I saw that and they seemed very happy to receive the boots. Nothing wrong with those of us who can just give things away, to help out those who can use them. I personally get more satisfaction in helping someone than from any money I could get for selling those items. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2019 03:32 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I think so. I told him if they didn't fit her to pass them on to someone else who can use them.
We usually give stuff to local hunters who can use whatever we aren't and young people.
Chey remembers using a little flashlight having cold wet feet from not having good boots much less with chaps and a rope or some apparatus he had rigged up for a leash. He grew up poor as did many others. We don't have alot but more than some and when something is collecting dust around here it gets gave away. I've seen lots of smiles over the years from a second hand light or used pair of boots and occasionally even a puppy. It is a good feeling in being able to help where you can and I hate dusting my own house lol.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-18-2019 04:01 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

Thank God for folks like you and Chey. I know it warms my heart to be able to help someone, besides it's just the right thing to do. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2019 04:51 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

There are so many good people in this sport!
Guys it will be spring cleaning time before you know it. Trust me your wives will not object to you getting rid on some of that equipment you have laying around the house. Give it away here or take it with you to your next local hunt.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 01-18-2019 05:22 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

Double post! Sorry.

Last edited by Dave Richards on 01-18-2019 at 05:31 AM

Old Post 01-18-2019 05:27 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

I have been to most parts of these mountains in Tenn. VIRGINIA and Kentucky, coon hunting, visiting with folks, trying out dogs. I learned even in my younger years that some may be poor by material standards, but rich in things that really mattered. Love of GOD, FAMILY and our Country, some lived off the land, raised gardens and hunted for the meat they ate. I saw happiness that no amount of money could buy, at times I envied them more than they could imagine. Back in these mountains, the wives knew as much about their husbands dogs as the husbands did. A real good dog was a family treasure, it was more than just a dog. I have offered a big price for a dog, only to have the kids cry when the dad was going to sell me the dog, of course I could not buy the dog under those conditions, if meant more to them than it ever could me. I love these mountains and these mountain people. Poor, maybe, but rich in so many ways. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2019 05:30 AM
dixiedog
UKC Forum Member

A couple years ago a man came to my house to get Garmin with a collar and had 2 young boys with him and the boys said they spent all their mpney to get the Garmin and they wanted to get a older dog already treeing. Just their luck I had a older dog that wasn't getting hunted much and I asked their dad if they would be interested in him . He said let the boys take a look at him if I didn't mind, I said go ahead, He is out in the kennel. The boys walked back to kennel and said they would love to get him but didn't have the money. I told the boy they can have him if they wanted him and would hunt him. Then the one boy ,I was able to about tell what size shoes he wore and I asked him if he had a pair of hunting boots yet and he said no, that he would have to save up some more money. I had a pair of froglegs in the shed that one of my boys outgew and he tried them on and fit him. I gave those to him also. 2 happy young boys when they left there.

Old Post 01-18-2019 11:38 AM
dixiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixiedog Click here to Send dixiedog a Private Message Click Here to Email dixiedog Find more posts by dixiedog Add dixiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I always found it better to help my community or local UKC coon club, most have a news letter or just make a list and put it on the bulletin board, most clubs will take anything from boots, dog food to school supplies and auction it off at there UKC hunts, or run a add in your local news paper.

Old Post 01-18-2019 04:21 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Extra hunting items

Well, I have promised all of the extra items I had, hopefully others will have some things to share with those in need. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2019 09:42 PM