UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Safety vest
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shatim
UKC Forum Member

Safety vest

Need one for laika. Who carry them ? Blaze orange perfer. Thanks for any help

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-24-2018 07:08 PM
shatim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shatim Click here to Send shatim a Private Message Find more posts by shatim Add shatim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Losech
UKC Forum Member

I use Ruffwear Track Jackets on mine. So far it's the only one I've tried that holds up well and doesn't slide around.
They are currently on sale on Amazon for $30 with free shipping. Usually they are $40. My WSL wear the small/medium size.

https://www.amazon.com/RUFFWEAR-Tra...ywords=ruffwear

Old Post 11-24-2018 08:40 PM
Losech is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Losech Click here to Send Losech a Private Message Visit Losech's homepage! Find more posts by Losech Add Losech to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shatim
UKC Forum Member

Safety vest

Thanks Losech He's a beautiful dog if you wasnt so far I would breed mine to yours

Old Post 11-24-2018 10:39 PM
shatim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shatim Click here to Send shatim a Private Message Find more posts by shatim Add shatim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I had one of those on a feist I was squirrel hunting. She got gone a little while and I went and found her. She got a limb run through between her and the vest. Then she tried to get free by running around. She got the vest and the limb so tangled up that her skin and the vest were wrapped around the stick. I never used one again. They are just too easy to get snagged,

Old Post 12-03-2018 03:00 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shatim
UKC Forum Member

Hang up

So do you have a suggestion?

Old Post 12-03-2018 08:01 PM
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

I am like croatankid, had a dog get caught in a barbed wire fence. No more for me.

Old Post 12-04-2018 01:45 AM
crooked ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crooked ridge Click here to Send crooked ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email crooked ridge Find more posts by crooked ridge Add crooked ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I suggest you use a collar light, set to flashing. Another hunter will not shoot your dog anyway unless he is determined to do so.

Old Post 12-04-2018 02:39 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote