UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Shew's Hillbilly Redbones
Pages (24): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rilestrademark
UKC Forum Member

Grizz

Congrats ken!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-17-2015 12:22 AM
rilestrademark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rilestrademark Click here to Send rilestrademark a Private Message Find more posts by rilestrademark Add rilestrademark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigsinkingky
UKC Forum Member

GRIZZ

Hey Ken looks like you grizz and gang are putting some wins on big grizz still looking good on the tree I see,I would like to thank you for the call other night so I could hear the old boy counting them down he sure sounded good ,keep hunting hard and keep it red

Old Post 09-18-2015 01:50 PM
bigsinkingky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigsinkingky Click here to Send bigsinkingky a Private Message Find more posts by bigsinkingky Add bigsinkingky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Thanks to Gary Hartwick for helping getting Grizz his frist; frist place win thanks Gary, it was good to talk to you.
Hope to have Grizz little sister here before to long an put her in the hunts.

Lenoir NC

Call or text anytime, no PM's or emails please.

Old Post 09-21-2015 03:13 AM
Hillbillyreds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hillbillyreds Click here to Send Hillbillyreds a Private Message Click Here to Email Hillbillyreds Find more posts by Hillbillyreds Add Hillbillyreds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hartwicks curs
UKC Forum Member

thanks ken grizz is a very nice hound with a big future, with a great tree mouth that every houndsman dreams of having on a dog

................GRNITECH THE RED ROCKER
........................................GRNITECH CH REEDS SALINE RIVER RATT
.............................GRNITECH NIGHTY NITE MOONLIGHT KATE
........................................GRNITECH WAPSI RIVER COOKIE
..GRANDNITECH GRCH HEADS CREEK MOONSHINE (DuelCH at 11months)(dob 8/23/2012)
........................................NITECH PRATTS RED ROCK
.............................GRNITECH TAYLOR'S GUITAR'S GHOST
........................................PATCH CREEK RAG-ANN
................GRNITECH GRCH GUITAR GHOST'S MISSISSIPPI
........................................CH GRNITECH SANDY CREEK JAKE
.............................GRNITECH TAYLOR & GOUDE'S DAWN
........................................GRNITECH TREE SLAMMING BRANDY

Garry Hartwick
573-546-3014

Old Post 09-23-2015 02:11 AM
hartwicks curs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hartwicks curs Click here to Send hartwicks curs a Private Message Click Here to Email hartwicks curs Find more posts by hartwicks curs Add hartwicks curs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Hopefully we aren't flooded by tomorrow night and we'll get Grizz back out. He suffered what was likely a snake bite Thursday but is near 100% now. He was still treed, on 3 legs, went I finally made my way to him (it got him on the foot). He's all heart.

Old Post 09-28-2015 02:02 AM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Jennewein
UKC Forum Member

Re: Shew's Hillbilly Redbones

quote:
Originally posted by Hillbillyreds
Currently here at Shew's Hillbilly Redbone Kennels we're hunting and beginning to promote a few really nice hounds. I've been at redbones for nearly 40 years and found them to be the most enjoyable to hunt here in my corner of western NC. The front runner right now is CH Hillybilly Grizzly, a super nice 3 year old off GRNT The Red Rocker. "Grizz" was the result of a litter off of Jenneweins Fast & Furious Fergy. Brain has some really nice hounds and it's a pleasure to own one off Rocker.

Grizz takes most all tracks as they come, has a BIG tenor short bawl and chop track mouth, 2 big bawl locates and a steady chop on tree. He has probably the most gentlemanly tree style as any hound I've seen in a long time. He'll be glued to the side the coon climbed usually hugged up tight making his music and minding his business. He's a ton of fun to listen to on track. He's polite at the house and minds like a kid now. Currently he's 5 points from show champion and has his first place to NTCH. Since getting Grizz his hunting has been nearly 95% by himself and he rarely, if ever, misses on the tree. In company he'll be a first/second strike dog and same on tree with getting split plenty as well.

I also still have NTCH Minks Big Timber Chigger which has TWO high scoring redbone titles at AO many years ago (she's going on 9). Plus a female named Twisted Sister (with a first place) and a couple other young ones ready for the woods.

Give me a call and we'll talk dogs anytime. My plan is to finish Grizz here quick and would like to see how he'll cross on my females and potentially stud him further. So far I see no reason he wouldn't make a good choice for breeding based on his pedigree and hunting ability. Thanks for reading. My number and info is listed below.

------------------GRCH GRNTCH Stepp's Little Pepper
-----------GRNTCH The Red Rocker
------------------GRNTCH Nighty Nite Moonlight Kate

--CH Shew's Hillbilly Grizzly

-----------------GRNTCH Key's Outlaw Razor Red
------------Jenneweins Fast & Furious Fergy
-----------------NTCH Childers' Tree Rizin' Star

Chigger

Grizz is a very nice young dog that should produce.

#3 Historical Reproducer
2014 Pkc Redbone Days Champion
Grnitech winner American Redbone Days Wisconsin
Fellowship hunt winner American Redbone Days Cuba Missouri
Autumn Oaks Grnitech cast winner
#1 Redbone Performance Sire 2017

Grnitech Pkc Ch Jennewein & Peels Doctor Feelgood (semen)
Grnitech Silver Ch Jenneweins Heads Creek Moonshine (semen)
Grnitech Pkc Ch Moonlight Aftershock (semen)

Nitech Ch Jenneweins Fast & Furious Fergy RIP owned by Paula Jennewein

Grnitech Insane Xena RIP
Heads Creek Rockstar

2022 Person Of the Year
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc.

2008 Redbone Hunter of the Year

Old Post 09-28-2015 09:07 PM
Brian Jennewein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Jennewein Click here to Send Brian Jennewein a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Jennewein Find more posts by Brian Jennewein Add Brian Jennewein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Brain,Jack,Gary on shine making it to 17 in the world hunt good job guys.shine has a lot to offers the redbone breed:

Grizz is a Half brother to shine an hopeful next year they both can compete for the world title next year, I am planing on making Grizz a performance sire in 2015 or 2016 if u have female u would like to breed to a winner give me a call an we will work out a deal. Thanks for Reading Ken Shew.

Lenoir NC

Old Post 10-02-2015 03:45 AM
Hillbillyreds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hillbillyreds Click here to Send Hillbillyreds a Private Message Click Here to Email Hillbillyreds Find more posts by Hillbillyreds Add Hillbillyreds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Brain,Jack,Gary on shine making it to 17 in the world hunt good job guys.shine has a lot to offers the redbone breed:

Grizz is a Half brother to shine an hopeful next year they both can compete for the world title next year, I am planing on making Grizz a performance sire in 2015 or 2016 if u have female u would like to breed to a winner give me a call an we will work out a deal. Thanks for Reading Ken Shew.

Lenoir NC

Old Post 10-02-2015 03:45 AM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Good luck to Adam an Eli on there next nite hunt little Eli is going to try to finish Grizz out to nite ch. He finished him to show ch he is quiet a little Guy.

Adam, Eli, an myself have team to up produce some good redbone's here in the south we will be haveing pups out of Grizz soon.

Lenoir NC

Old Post 10-02-2015 05:02 AM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Grizz went deeeep and got wooded, click for video. This is his typical tree style, just solid and steady. I realize in the video I already leashed him but he don't jack, run or circle a tree...just clicks 'em off and minds his business. And, yes he had the groceries!

Old Post 10-03-2015 01:37 AM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rilestrademark
UKC Forum Member

Grizzly

BTT for griZly.

Old Post 10-12-2015 02:07 AM
rilestrademark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rilestrademark Click here to Send rilestrademark a Private Message Find more posts by rilestrademark Add rilestrademark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Griz is definitely back in high gear now since the snake bite. Went 1.1 miles for this one last night...solo. I plan to go back to hunting him nearly 100% alone again for awhile. Kill season is in and he's treed his fair share all summer with no reward, so I plan to kill a few and see how he reacts.

If anyone is interested to know, he needs no help to tree and work a track alone. He ain't gonna change zip codes immediately but will if he can't find a track soon. He works hard once unsnapped to find or drift one up and go work it til it's finished. Grizz is a very balanced hound most nights.

Old Post 10-15-2015 02:47 PM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Grizz will have a gril friend real soon, also I have Grizz litter mate sister comeing plan on making her nite ch and Thin breed her to my moonshine pup;

Lenoir NC

Old Post 10-16-2015 05:04 AM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

I would like to thank Adam & Eli for All there help in finishing Grizz to nite ch tonight they have done a great job with Grizz.

Lenoir NC

Old Post 10-17-2015 05:46 AM
rilestrademark
UKC Forum Member

Grizzly

Congratulations on finishing grizz tonight!!!

Old Post 10-17-2015 05:57 AM
Brian Jennewein
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Guy's on Nitech Grizz,very happy for you guys,great job!

#3 Historical Reproducer
2014 Pkc Redbone Days Champion
Grnitech winner American Redbone Days Wisconsin
Fellowship hunt winner American Redbone Days Cuba Missouri
Autumn Oaks Grnitech cast winner
#1 Redbone Performance Sire 2017

Grnitech Pkc Ch Jennewein & Peels Doctor Feelgood (semen)
Grnitech Silver Ch Jenneweins Heads Creek Moonshine (semen)
Grnitech Pkc Ch Moonlight Aftershock (semen)

Nitech Ch Jenneweins Fast & Furious Fergy RIP owned by Paula Jennewein

Grnitech Insane Xena RIP
Heads Creek Rockstar

2022 Person Of the Year

2008 Redbone Hunter of the Year

Old Post 10-17-2015 06:22 AM
Brian Jennewein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Jennewein Click here to Send Brian Jennewein a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Jennewein Find more posts by Brian Jennewein Add Brian Jennewein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Ken for letting Eli and myself haul him around. He made NTCH with 3 first place wins and also finished on the bench a few weeks back making him a Dual Champion. Ol Griz is a nice balanced hound. Now we gonna kick the season in gear and knock some coons to the red man!

Old Post 10-17-2015 02:02 PM
bigsinkingky
UKC Forum Member

ken

Hey ken you all have done a great job finishing grizz,and it was good to finally meet you hope your trip home was safe I hope lucy gets tuned in and she does good for you to

Old Post 10-19-2015 02:52 PM
bigsinkingky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigsinkingky Click here to Send bigsinkingky a Private Message Find more posts by bigsinkingky Add bigsinkingky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent Peel
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Guys! Ken I know you have been a little under the weather but I know this made you feel better.Great job with Griz!

2003 American Redbone Assoc.
Hunter of the Year
Home of:
GrNtCh PKC Ch 2x National GrNtCh English Ohio War NyHawk Co owned with Cody Sullivan

GrNtCh PKC Ch Dr Feelgood Co owned with Adam Huckaby
2016 Performance Points Runner Up Overall
2016 Performance Points Redbone Breed Winner
2016 American Redbone Days Overall Champion
1st Place NtCh & High Scoring Male Friday
1st Place NtCh & High Scoring Male Saturday
High Scoring Male Saturday 2014 American Redbone days Olney,IL.
1st Place RQE Marshall, Mo.
Double Cast Winner Winter Classic Batesville,Ms.
4th Place RQE Wartburg, TN.

GrNtCh Peels Burning River Rebel
2nd Place Reg. 2013 American Redbone Days

GrNtCh PKC CH Peel's Burning Pepper
2006 PKC Redbone Days Overall Champion

2005 American Redbone Days Overall Champion

ChGrNtCh PKCCh Stepp's Little Pepper
#1 Current Reproducer when he died
2003 US Redbone Days Overall
Champion
2003 American Redbone Days
Overall Champion
2002 US Redbone Days
Opposite Sex Champion
2002 American Redbone Days
Opposite Sex Champion
2001 Brooks Magill Memorial
Overall Champion
2000 NKC World Championship
19th Place Overall

GrChGrNtCh PKCCh Peel's Red Jewel II
1997 American Redbone Days
Opposite Sex Champion
1997 Brooks Magill Memorial Overall Champion

ChGrNtCh Peel's Red Pepper
ARCA Hall of Fame Member
1995 AKC World Championship High Scoring Redbone Male

Old Post 10-19-2015 06:29 PM
Brent Peel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Peel Click here to Send Brent Peel a Private Message Click Here to Email Brent Peel Find more posts by Brent Peel Add Brent Peel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Brent Peel
Congrats Guys! Ken I know you have been a little under the weather but I know this made you feel better.Great job with Griz!

Ah, I was probably giving him more heart palpitations with my text updates. It was close until the last two drops.

I've been taking it easy on him, if the doc will ease up he'll be back to running up and down these hills barefoot soon.

Old Post 10-22-2015 04:02 AM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Hey Paul how is it going? Just wonted to say thanks for me get Grizz little sister Lucy I think she will be a plus an mine an Adam & Eli kennel we have some big plans for Lucy;
Ps it was good to Meet you an your wife; thanks again Ken shew

Lenoir NC

Old Post 10-25-2015 03:39 AM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Hey Paul how is it going? Just wonted to say thanks for me get Grizz little sister Lucy I think she will be a plus an mine an Adam & Eli kennel we have some big plans for Lucy;

Lenoir NC

Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Lenoir NC

bigsinkingky
UKC Forum Member

lucy

Your welcome and remember she came in last year in November that way you can keep a eye open good luck

Old Post 10-25-2015 03:46 PM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Does anyone know Andy Cowan and what his number is I would like to talk to him Ken

Lenoir NC

Old Post 10-26-2015 03:34 AM