UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Alpha ? for Bruce
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Crooked Branch
UKC Forum Member

Alpha ? for Bruce

Bruce,
For the past week my Alpha 100 is giving false readings. If the dogs are in front the Garmin will show them behind me and vice versa. It is doing this on the compass and map screen. I can hit the Garmin with my hand and it will start working correctly. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Randy

CROOKED BRANCH KENNELS

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-16-2021 04:22 AM
Crooked Branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crooked Branch Click here to Send Crooked Branch a Private Message Find more posts by Crooked Branch Add Crooked Branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Calibrate the compass.

Old Post 12-16-2021 04:57 AM
Georgeb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

In the upper left hand corner there is an arrow that should indicate north when the screen is laying flat. If it is not point north touch that indicator and it will switch to north and everything should be ok. Like mentioned you might have to calibrate it if you touch that arrow and it doesn't point to north. I suspect that somehow you are touching that area of the screen and swapping it from track up to north up.

Old Post 12-16-2021 10:39 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Bruce…what are the pros and cons between north up and track up…just wondering…

You are very knowledgeable and an expert especially when it comes to the Garmin. The Garmin alpha 100 is definitely a weak area for me as was the 220…

Old Post 12-16-2021 01:58 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

If you are in track up and look at the screen. Everything you see is in perspective to what is in front of you. Like if the dogs are to the right they will be to the right on the screen. Now if you are using north up and facing south. The top of your screen is facing north and everything will be backwards. Some people like north up. Not me. I am track up all they way.

Old Post 12-16-2021 11:28 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Thank you…

Old Post 12-17-2021 12:04 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

I have another question bruce. After years of abuse the black rubber trim on my alpha is almost gone. The power button has tape holding it in place. I have found the front and rear halves of the case online and its about a quarter of the price of sending the unit to garmin for replacement but im curious how much trouble it would be replacing it

Old Post 12-17-2021 02:49 AM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Rooster let me check something today and get back to you.

Old Post 12-17-2021 10:59 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Rooster I hate to advise you on this one. If I was you, I would see if you have the tools to open it up. Then take a look at just how everything is attached. If it looks easy for you go for it.

Old Post 12-17-2021 06:08 PM
Crooked Branch
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, is there a way to lock the screen to track up. I think when I put it in the pouch I’m hitting the screen and putting it back to track north.

CROOKED BRANCH KENNELS

Old Post 12-17-2021 09:07 PM
Crooked Branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crooked Branch Click here to Send Crooked Branch a Private Message Find more posts by Crooked Branch Add Crooked Branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yea but I forgot. LOL I handle every different model of Garmin and sometimes I forget. LOL Either at the bottom right of the screen touch the picture of the lock or push the off on button once real quick and it will have the lock feature on that page. I don't have a 100 here at the house or I would get it and tell you exactly.

Old Post 12-18-2021 12:30 PM
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Im not Bruce but.The older my 100 got the more i have had to calibrate the compass.The first few years i rarely had to .Its 8 yr old now and i have had to calibrate it alot the last 2 or so years.Cant say why except that its getting wore out.No big deal ,dont take but a minute.Its better than it not working at all.haThe whole time ive had mine ive never accidentally turned it off track up.

Old Post 12-18-2021 02:17 PM
Georgeb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote