UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bandit Belt Light ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
truly
Banned

Bandit Belt Light ?

I have one of those bandit lights that they give out at Walker Days when you get a win. I think it is a 21 volt. Last night it died in the woods. I assumed an internal short, so I jiggled and jiggled and bumped and rattled it. Nothing got it to work. Then walking out it came on for 3 seconds then quit again. When I got home, I opened it up and jiggled everything looking for a short. Got nothing. Tinkered with it some more this morning. still nothing. Tonight I go to put it away and it turns on. Now it appears to be totally fine. High side good, low side good, walking light good. Last night not even the walking light would work.

Any ideas????????

ps- This post is not a bash on this brand of light, I like it alot.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-24-2009 03:58 AM
truly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truly Click here to Send truly a Private Message Find more posts by truly Add truly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smoke-pole
UKC Forum Member

HEY

YOU DIDNT HAVE IT ON THE HIGH SIDE WHEN IT WENT OUT DID U. MOST LIGHTS ABOVE 12 VOLT HAVE A BATTERY SAFETY SHUT OFF IN THEM THAT TURNS THE LIGHT OFF AFTER A PERIOD OF BURN TIME ON THE HIGH SIDE WHEN NOT TURNED COMPELETY ALL THE WAY UP ON HIGH. MINE WILL BURN ABOUT 10-15 MINUTES ON HIGH ON EITHER SETTING EXCEPT ALL THE WAY UP AND WHEN IT GOES OUT IT WILL STAY OUT FOR SOMETIME BEFORE THE SWITCH COOLS BACK DOWN. THIEN IT IS FINE UNTIL I DO IT AGINA. LOL

HOPE THIS HELPS. THIS HOWEVER MAY NOT BE YOUR PROBLEM.

"BEGLEY'S "RED HOT RAIZE" R.I.P

"ENGLISH COONHOUNDS BRED TO THE FINEST WITH RESPECT TO THE ONES WHO DEVOTED THEIR LIVES TO COONHOUNDS SO I TOO A NEW GENERATION HUNTER COULD HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HUNT DOGS OF YESTER YEAR........

BEVE 'BUBBA' BEGLEY
MANCHESTER, KY
606-594-9929

Old Post 11-24-2009 04:48 AM
smoke-pole is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smoke-pole Click here to Send smoke-pole a Private Message Click Here to Email smoke-pole Find more posts by smoke-pole Add smoke-pole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

Truly, you are experiencing a very common problem with the Bandit belts from the last few years. Bandit use to be among the best but not no more. The problem almost certainly is the little tabs that run from battery to battery has broken loose and needs to be resoddered. And they are a bitch to sodder back.

Old Post 11-24-2009 04:52 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truly
Banned

Jim, that was along the lines of what I thought, due to the fact that the walking light didn't even work. I checked those connections, they looked good. I will double check.

Old Post 11-24-2009 06:28 AM
truly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truly Click here to Send truly a Private Message Find more posts by truly Add truly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

maybe the light is allergic to coonhunting

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 11-24-2009 01:58 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knox
UKC Forum Member

Light

A buddy of mine won a Bandit about a year ago,..........it was JUNK, he sent it back and it took forever for him to get it fixed and back to him............................good luck............Tim

=====================

Old Post 11-24-2009 07:28 PM
Knox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Click Here to Email Knox Find more posts by Knox Add Knox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
intellectualist
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by truly
Jim, that was along the lines of what I thought, due to the fact that the walking light didn't even work. I checked those connections, they looked good. I will double check.

I was going to suggest what the other guy did about having the head on high and the click switch in any position other than high but then you said the walk light did not work either so it could not have been that. Sounds like it lost connection completely!

Old Post 11-25-2009 12:20 AM
intellectualist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for intellectualist Click here to Send intellectualist a Private Message Click Here to Email intellectualist Find more posts by intellectualist Add intellectualist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
da.wells
UKC Forum Member

some battery packs have a thermal protection in them that keeps them frpm getting hot. I dont know if this was the problem. but when the battery gets hot enough the protection seperates, when it cools down it goes back together and works fine until it gets hot again.

like i said this may not be the problem, but it is just a thought.

832-492-3712

Proud Member Of The Cleveland Coon Hunters Association.

Old Post 11-25-2009 01:26 AM
da.wells is offline Click Here to See the Profile for da.wells Click here to Send da.wells a Private Message Click Here to Email da.wells Visit da.wells's homepage! Find more posts by da.wells Add da.wells to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marvgru
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Truly, you are experiencing a very common problem with the Bandit belts from the last few years. Bandit use to be among the best but not no more. The problem almost certainly is the little tabs that run from battery to battery has broken loose and needs to be resoddered. And they are a bitch to sodder back.

This has happend twice to my lite, take it to a radio shop and have them sodder the little tabs that go from battery to battery.
The guy that did mine charged me nothing.

Old Post 11-25-2009 01:55 AM
marvgru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marvgru Click here to Send marvgru a Private Message Click Here to Email marvgru Find more posts by marvgru Add marvgru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndcrazy186
UKC Forum Member

My

buddy just sent his in a 21 volt belt light.. For th esame thing.. It was something with the battery.. Believe it had to be be soldered or something but he sent it off got it back and works fine at no chanrge.. Ive got the same light and i have not had one problem out of mine.. Cant say its the best lights cause its the only light ive owned..

Old Post 11-25-2009 03:28 AM
houndcrazy186 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndcrazy186 Click here to Send houndcrazy186 a Private Message Click Here to Email houndcrazy186 Find more posts by houndcrazy186 Add houndcrazy186 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truly
Banned

I am gonna tear into it this holiday weekend with electrical whiz friend of mine. I think it is a short of some sort, due to the fact that nothing worked- walk light or anything, I am guessing it is gonna be the ground side, as it appears that two wires come off of the hot side and one off the negative side. The connection appeared fine, but must not be. The soldering tabs thing sounds like what we will have to do. Thanks for all your input.
BTW, I am back hunting with my old Crystal from 8 years ago. I have two of them and they have both performed flawlessly for years but the batteries are not lasting through two nights anymore. Bandit will become the backup light, Crystal gets all new battery packs and becomes the lead light again. I love my Crystal.

Old Post 11-25-2009 07:21 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Light

quote:
Originally posted by Knox
A buddy of mine won a Bandit about a year ago,..........it was JUNK, he sent it back and it took forever for him to get it fixed and back to him............................good luck............Tim

WOW....!!!
How fast time slips away......!!!
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-24-2021 01:18 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote