UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2022 Grand American Info
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Trevor / UKC
Administrator

2022 Grand American (Ad & Entry Form)

Printable Entry Form/ AD: https://www.ukcdogs.com/docs/huntin...vertisement.pdf

Link for more information: https://www.ukcdogs.com/grand-american

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-20-2021 08:51 PM
Trevor / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trevor / UKC Click here to Send Trevor / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Trevor / UKC Find more posts by Trevor / UKC Add Trevor / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trevor / UKC
Administrator

Grand American Bench Show Judges have been announced.

Mary Bergbauer - Youth Spotlight Judge for Saturday

Mary Bergbauer, 50, currently reside in Portland, Indiana. I am married to Rodney Bergbauer, and the two of us have our 7th grandchild on the way!

I got started in coonhounds when my husband Rodney took me to my first Autumn Oaks in 2009. I was immediately hooked and wanted a redbone puppy. I have owned and bred Redbones for around 12 years now. I have done my fair share of winning in both bench shows and the conformation ring. My first show dog Snap was definitely my heart dog and made me fall in love with the Redbone breed. I have won at both state and national levels including placing at the World, Autumn Oaks and Winter Classic where Snap was awarded Top 10 Redbone 2 years in a row as well as being awarded the Purina Breed Winner in 2015. I have continued to show and tinker with other breeds throughout the years but redbones will always have my heart.

I have been a Bench Show Judge for about 6 years. I have judged a fair number of Youth events, RQEs, St Judes, and other various events.

Rodney Bergbauer - Friday Judge

Rodney Bergbauer, currently resides in Portland, Indiana and is married to Mary Bergbauer.

I got started in coonhounds when I was 16 and bought my first redbone. I have dabbled in every breed of coonhounds but Walkers and Redbones have been my favorite. Mary and I have owned and bred Redbones for around 12 years now. I have won at both state and national levels.

I have been a Bench Show Judge for over 20 years. I have judged RQEs, Sectionals, St Judes, BBOA, Bluetick Days, English Days and State shows plus other various events.

Dr. David Birdsall - Saturday Judge

“Doc”, as he is generally known, practiced Veterinary medicine for about 50 years and has been coonhunting since 1965. He began raising and showing registered Black and Tans in 1982.

His judging assignments include Autumn Oaks (3 times), the UKC world (3 times), Winter Classic, and the grand American. He also has judged Black and Tan Days and many state shows numerous times.

He has been fortunate to raise some nice Black and Tans and obtain the National wins he has gotten. Because of Covid in 2020 he missed Autumn Oaks for the first time in 37 years.

Some of his fondest memories are teaching conformation with Wayne Cavanaugh and Dr. Jim Edwards.

Thank you to the owners and handlers for allowing me to judge your fine animals, and for the South Carolina coon hunters for asking me.

Old Post 11-02-2021 01:44 PM
Trevor / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trevor / UKC Click here to Send Trevor / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Trevor / UKC Find more posts by Trevor / UKC Add Trevor / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trevor / UKC
Administrator

Deadline to pre-enter for Grand American is tomorrow! We are under a month until it's time to head south. See the link above for ad, entry form, and event information.

Old Post 12-09-2021 03:24 PM
Trevor / UKC
Administrator

Announcement by Danielle Champ on Facebook:

Some things have came up and we have had to change judges. Now judging the Saturday portion of the Grand American Bench Show will be Mr. Gerald Black. Thank you Gerald for accepting the judging assignment and we look forward to seeing you at Grand American.

Old Post 12-15-2021 06:51 PM
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Trevor / UKC
Announcement by Danielle Champ on Facebook:

Some things have came up and we have had to change judges. Now judging the Saturday portion of the Grand American Bench Show will be Mr. Gerald Black. Thank you Gerald for accepting the judging assignment and we look forward to seeing you at Grand American.

I think you meant Winter Classic -- as that was where UKC announced Danielle Champ was going to be a Judge.

Plus the post in this thread announces the GA judge for Saturday as Dr. David Birdsall.

Old Post 12-16-2021 05:05 PM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trevor / UKC
Administrator

Buckshot, I think you may be misreading the post. I copy and pasted Danielle's Facebook post on here. By reading her post, it looks like Gerald is taking Doc's spot.

Last edited by Trevor / UKC on 12-16-2021 at 05:15 PM

Old Post 12-16-2021 05:10 PM
David McKee
UKC Forum Member

I have had several call asking about vendors. Yes we will have vendors at GA. No, there won’t be as many as two years ago. They are having the same problem every other business is having, they can’t get the products. Last year the number of vendors was down and it will be again this year. There will still be 50+, which is about half of what we normally have. But last year a lot of the ones there sold out and I hope they do well again this year. So please support the ones who are able to attend and remember, if Walmart is having trouble stocking the shelves why would you think our sports vendors aren’t facing the same problem. Thanks, Merry Christmas, and Let’s go Brandon

www.sccoonhunters.com

Old Post 12-18-2021 02:22 PM
David McKee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David McKee Click here to Send David McKee a Private Message Click Here to Email David McKee Find more posts by David McKee Add David McKee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trevor / UKC
Administrator

1 week from today, we will be setting up in Orangeburg. I'm looking forward to heading south and seeing everyone for the first Major Event of the year. After talking to David yesterday, it seems like between the pre entries and walk ups, it's going to be a dang good turn out. For event info and ad:https://www.ukcdogs.com/grand-american

For list of pre-entries (I'm aware a handful are missing that came in after this list was posted): https://www.ukcdogs.com/2022-grand-american-entry-list

P.S. I am cautiously optimistic about the weather. Looks awesome!

Old Post 12-30-2021 01:48 PM
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

Y'all recon you could get an entry the day of the event??

Old Post 01-01-2022 06:37 PM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by RatDog
Y'all recon you could get an entry the day of the event??

Yes!

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 01-02-2022 04:34 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by David McKee
I have had several call asking about vendors. Yes we will have vendors at GA. No, there won’t be as many as two years ago. They are having the same problem every other business is having, they can’t get the products. Last year the number of vendors was down and it will be again this year. There will still be 50+, which is about half of what we normally have. But last year a lot of the ones there sold out and I hope they do well again this year. So please support the ones who are able to attend and remember, if Walmart is having trouble stocking the shelves why would you think our sports vendors aren’t facing the same problem. Thanks, Merry Christmas, and Let’s go Brandon

As Mr.David said it might be a few less vendors but will still be a grand event..We will be set up(Valley Creek) and if we dont have it I will do my best to steer you to someone that does..Hope everyone will have safe travels!!

Old Post 01-02-2022 10:09 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Vendors are pulling in to local hotels,puppies are barking in a few dog boxes,big dogs are stretching their legs ready for a night of pleasure hunting.
The Grand American is here!!!

Old Post 01-05-2022 11:25 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote