UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Performance checks
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jeff thomley
UKC Forum Member

Performance checks

Anybody got 1 or heard when they will be mailed out ??

Csg Pkc ch grch grnite coopers stormin Ike
2017 top 10 reproducer, top 5 per sire
2016 top 10 reproducer,top 5 perf sire

2015 perf sire- top 10 reproducers list, top 5 perf pt sire-#1 akc b&t show dog of yr- sire of queen of show at b&t days this year
Grch grnite thomleys big boy
2014 - 1st place reg -ark at hunt, 2014 King of show b&t sect- gill, 2015 King of show b&t sect- plainview, 2015 winter classic best in breed dual ch, 2015 King of show and King of hunt - b&t sect gill
4th place all black hunt -2016 b&t days

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-22-2021 04:45 PM
jeff thomley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeff thomley Click here to Send jeff thomley a Private Message Click Here to Email jeff thomley Find more posts by jeff thomley Add jeff thomley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Nelson
UKC Forum Member

I got mine today

Old Post 04-22-2021 07:11 PM
Jeff Nelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Nelson Click here to Send Jeff Nelson a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff Nelson Add Jeff Nelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAG
UKC Forum Member

The UKC Performance Program is a JOKE!

I own the 2020 # 1 bluetick performance sire and my 2020 performance check didn't cover the $100 that it cost to nominate him!

What the h&$L!

PC

Old Post 04-22-2021 08:15 PM
TAG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TAG Click here to Send TAG a Private Message Find more posts by TAG Add TAG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

The value of a point sure dropped off this year

Old Post 04-22-2021 09:11 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

People always ask me if my dog is a performance sire. I explain to them that I’ve paid more into it then I ever got back so I choose not to do it.

Old Post 04-22-2021 11:31 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff thomley
UKC Forum Member

Right after I posted this thread , mail ran and my check was in the mailbox, so next time I am waiting on papers , I will start a thread and see if this works again

Csg Pkc ch grch grnite coopers stormin Ike
2017 top 10 reproducer, top 5 per sire
2016 top 10 reproducer,top 5 perf sire

2015 perf sire- top 10 reproducers list, top 5 perf pt sire-#1 akc b&t show dog of yr- sire of queen of show at b&t days this year
Grch grnite thomleys big boy
2014 - 1st place reg -ark at hunt, 2014 King of show b&t sect- gill, 2015 King of show b&t sect- plainview, 2015 winter classic best in breed dual ch, 2015 King of show and King of hunt - b&t sect gill
4th place all black hunt -2016 b&t days

Old Post 04-23-2021 12:54 AM
jeff thomley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeff thomley Click here to Send jeff thomley a Private Message Click Here to Email jeff thomley Find more posts by jeff thomley Add jeff thomley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

Here is my 2 cents
The Performance payout is more for the competition hunter then Sire and Dam owner/ breeders.

Total of all pups winnings in a Performance year .With a point value worth 100.00 would have to be 1000.00 to get your 100.00 Performance fee back at the 10% of your cut.

The owner of dam you could say has it a little better only paying 30.00 to Performance register an entire litter . So they got a better chance of a return for their nomination investment unless they decide to permanently pay up the whole litter. At 150.00 cost.

The nominating of a sire for the Performance program comes down to MARKETABILITY..
Same as nominating a litter. MARKETABILITY.
I am willing to pay more for a pup that is litter nominated.
When seeking a stud dog I use performance ones as a point factor in my decision .

Stud owners if you draw one or two extra females in for breeding because your stud is nominated . You can't prove reproducing ability if they don't breed to your stud.
You have got your return for your investment in the program.

Same for litter owners. Traditionally Performance nominated pups fetch higher prices. Potential purchasers that are seeking something for future competition will buy from you first.
So again if you may be able to more easily, more readily ,sell to more buyers because your litter is nominated. You already got your investment return

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Last edited by benderb4 on 04-23-2021 at 11:16 AM

Old Post 04-23-2021 11:10 AM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by benderb4
Here is my 2 cents
The Performance payout is more for the competition hunter then Sire and Dam owner/ breeders.

Total of all pups winnings in a Performance year .With a point value worth 100.00 would have to be 1000.00 to get your 100.00 Performance fee back at the 10% of your cut.

The owner of dam you could say has it a little better only paying 30.00 to Performance register an entire litter . So they got a better chance of a return for their nomination investment unless they decide to permanently pay up the whole litter. At 150.00 cost.

The nominating of a sire for the Performance program comes down to MARKETABILITY..
Same as nominating a litter. MARKETABILITY.
I am willing to pay more for a pup that is litter nominated.
When seeking a stud dog I use performance ones as a point factor in my decision .

Stud owners if you draw one or two extra females in for breeding because your stud is nominated . You can't prove reproducing ability if they don't breed to your stud.
You have got your return for your investment in the program.

Same for litter owners. Traditionally Performance nominated pups fetch higher prices. Potential purchasers that are seeking something for future competition will buy from you first.
So again if you may be able to more easily, more readily ,sell to more buyers because your litter is nominated. You already got your investment return

I would agree with your way of thinking . However after have a couple different dogs in the program and most everyone asks if they are pp and ss sire I still see very few that actually get paid up. So it seems that a lot of people just want to SAY they bred to a pp sire rather then pay the litter up.

Old Post 04-23-2021 01:44 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

It really doesn't make much difference to me. I buy,breed or cull them all the same. Programs or not.
As many pups as I have went through over the years I would have always been money ahead to say the heck with all the Programs that is for sure.

Old Post 04-23-2021 01:55 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
I would agree with your way of thinking . However after have a couple different dogs in the program and most everyone asks if they are pp and ss sire I still see very few that actually get paid up. So it seems that a lot of people just want to SAY they bred to a pp sire rather then pay the litter up.

You are right. I seen guys get a first in the hunts with 20 dog entries.
i say boy if the points stay around 100 bucks you will be getting some money from the Performance Points.
They will roll their eyes and say dogs not paid up.
ME ...Why???
Answers are usually I bought him and first owner did pay them up or these guys were too CHEAP to pay the extra fee.

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 04-23-2021 02:46 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

I got a performance check yesterday

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 04-24-2021 04:59 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote