UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > what did you think of walkerdays 2021 rochester in.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
boone docker
UKC Forum Member

what did you think of walkerdays 2021 rochester in.

was it what you expected

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2021 09:53 PM
boone docker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boone docker Find more posts by boone docker Add boone docker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

I didn’t make it up this year, but UKC coverage was excellent. I’m sure the club guys and board members worked their tails off. Would like to see a more traditional elimination/late round run off. Maybe move Lee Crawford and Pup run off to Saturday night and TH/FRI let registered-grands qualify for a Saturday night grand finale.

Old Post 04-21-2021 10:49 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boone docker
UKC Forum Member

looks pkc has taken the walkers over very poor turnout

Old Post 05-02-2021 04:32 PM
boone docker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boone docker Find more posts by boone docker Add boone docker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

It was a great facility. Hunting was better than many of the big events. The hotels were pretty close Local folks did a great job.

Unfortunately, Walker Days seems to be dying. Only a handful of vendors, which were all great to deal with. But I'm assuming that's the case with most of the breed days and big hunts. Hunter numbers are dropping across the nation in most game species, not just us hound folks

Lone Pine North

Old Post 05-02-2021 09:56 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

I just stopped by to pick up a dog house.. Vendor numbers were way down, crowd seemed decent, but it was a Friday afternoon before deadline..

Great hunting in that area so that's not an issue.. Glad they still hold Walker Days here in the northern third of the state.. Appreciate the efforts all expended!!

Old Post 05-04-2021 03:36 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Well we hosted Walker days and then Black and Tan days two weekends later. We had about 300 in the woods and 500 in the woods on the other. I’ll let you guys guess which one had the most entries.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 05-05-2021 12:23 AM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dentre2
UKC Forum Member

Easter and...... ?

Maybe that had something to do with it 🤔.

Old Post 05-05-2021 12:26 AM
Dentre2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dentre2 Click here to Send Dentre2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Dentre2 Find more posts by Dentre2 Add Dentre2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dentre2
Easter and...... ?

Maybe that had something to do with it 🤔.

it was 2 weeks after Easter, I doubt that had any influence

Lone Pine North

Old Post 05-05-2021 02:22 AM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift
Well we hosted Walker days and then Black and Tan days two weekends later. We had about 300 in the woods and 500 in the woods on the other. I’ll let you guys guess which one had the most entries.

Jason Smith you guys did an excellent job. I was told there were around 1800 people at the 3 day bnt event.

319-201-8445

Old Post 05-07-2021 01:17 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

I can give an honest opinion of what I feel the difference is between Walker days and Black and Tan days. At Walker days it was an amped up competition hunt. Blank and Tan days it felt like a family event with a competition hunt during it. Youth hunters every night parents and kids all there having fun.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 05-07-2021 06:30 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote