UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > dew claws
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

Last edited by Charles Pullen on 08-19-2014 at 08:32 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-25-2014 12:01 AM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronnie H
UKC Forum Member

two cents

I have had hounds that had them. Justa little of that cur dog Waaaaay back in their ped. that made a trail hound find a tree

Old Post 07-25-2014 12:41 AM
Ronnie H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronnie H Click here to Send Ronnie H a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronnie H Find more posts by Ronnie H Add Ronnie H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
james norman
UKC Forum Member

DEW

Has alot to do with backyard breeding and crossbreeds being single registered in the past.Can show up generations later.There are no trully so called pure breeds in coonhounds of any breed.There are cur,lab,birddog,every thing u can think of but no one wants to admit.You Know all breeds have B&T,WALKER,BLU,RED,ECT WE have to be honest and admit it thats how we got to the dogs we have today.There were stains I said I would never own and studs I said I would never breed to but guess what some of those are now the most popular.Most of my experience has been with B&T AND WALKER but have tried them all at one time or another,

Past {Nt.Ch. Rapdan River Black Booty} GNT. CH.Ugly X GNT.CH. Getto Queen}
PKC.CH.Slam'n Raven[Gnt.CH.Troubadour X Buckeye Jam ]

Old Post 07-25-2014 01:05 AM
james norman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for james norman Click here to Send james norman a Private Message Click Here to Email james norman Find more posts by james norman Add james norman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

I know where a litter will be born within a week and I'll bet any and all anything they want to bet that there will not be a dew claw in the litter.

In my opinion, the pedigree will have some of the best(reproducing, winning, and treeing raccoons) the B&T breed had to offer in the last 15 years. NO DEW CLAWS GUARANTEED!

PS.... Rumor is that NONE are for sale.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Last edited by Kenneth Tavares on 07-25-2014 at 03:46 AM

Old Post 07-25-2014 02:41 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&...xoXOjzgxuVoc3ww

Good read...

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 07-25-2014 03:02 AM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
james norman
UKC Forum Member

Charles

I dont mean to offened anyone so no names will be used.Alot of info came from old time breeders I`ve been around awhile talk to some of the older guys u can gain alot of knowledge by listening.Some crosses were made by mistake and some intintional.Paper swapping was also used back before single registration and DNA was allowed.NO disrespect just fact.A grade dog that was maybe the best dog ever would end up with a set of papers to match its color sorry but has happened in every breed.Some have helped,some have hurt deel with it and move on.Due clawes.white spots.specks,long hair,tall,short if dogs were truely pure they would`nt be so many variations in a breed MOST can be taken care of with select breeding and culling over time.If u don`t want the answer don`t ask the question and Charlles really wants the answer.Todd Wicks asked a question awhile back and was never given a clear answer.Even if u knew every dog for say 30 years u still cann`t know all the way back I remember alot of high tan,white or blue chest and a red pup every once in awhile out of PR dogs in the 70`s and 80`s

Last edited by james norman on 07-25-2014 at 05:40 AM

Old Post 07-25-2014 05:12 AM
james norman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for james norman Click here to Send james norman a Private Message Click Here to Email james norman Find more posts by james norman Add james norman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

A bunch of our breeds biggest winners and reproducers had dew claws, heavy hair coats and white either themselves or in their pups. It's just part of the breed.

Old Post 07-25-2014 12:15 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
james norman
UKC Forum Member

SONNY

Thats what im saying but talk to some old timers and find out where that came from if someone had atop knotch grade dog it would find a way to be registered.Breeding coondog to coondog was more important than pure to pure its not always a bad thing it took me alot of years to except it to .Don`t know why everyone gets so upset on the subject its history and a fact so i don`t`know how anyone can get away from it.We use to call um yellow paper dogs and they were like HARDROCK and not many would breed to them.AFter a few generations and a lot of winning are now in most peds,Hans Wagner breed coon dog to coondog and went all over the country to do it best to best we may not like to here it the same as it kills Walker dog men to find out there`s has black and bluei in them.Some get mad I use to be one of them as I said Once I said I would never own one the same as hard rock but if his offspring win as he did some day u will have no other option because everyone wants a winner and if single registration and pkc were`nt`an option a dog like that would have found papers by someone beore DNA.

Old Post 07-25-2014 04:08 PM
Danny Fancher
UKC Forum Member

Hey Tavares where did First Class Kate get her looks from?

Old Post 07-26-2014 02:59 AM
Danny Fancher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny Fancher Click here to Send Danny Fancher a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny Fancher Find more posts by Danny Fancher Add Danny Fancher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by dan68

I don't have a clue. I've never heard of her. Who is she? What's she look like? Sire? Dam?

I'll bet if I'm her breeder she don't have any dew claws or marks where they were.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 07-26-2014 06:46 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

i prefer dew claws and some white on the chest.

Old Post 07-26-2014 07:21 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

The B&T breed appears to have been built on Chesapeake Retrievers, blueticks, walkers, garbage pile dogs, no doubt a bunch of other stuff they aren't ready to be quite so "open" and "honest" about.

So it should be no surprise when a little somethin' shows up. I'm just surprised it doesn't show up more often.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 07-26-2014 03:20 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rfreeman
UKC Forum Member

Clip em

A lot of folks clip them off when they are a day or two old. So you never know where it was has been or what ever. Some pups with them are culled immediately by some breeders. They don't bother me! Not one bit!!
I am surely not a breeder but I have pups that are fourth gen of my dogs. I have had them the entire time. Expect the two dogs I started with.

Old Post 07-26-2014 04:46 PM
rfreeman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rfreeman Click here to Send rfreeman a Private Message Click Here to Email rfreeman Find more posts by rfreeman Add rfreeman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Duncan
UKC Forum Member

The reason for a standard is because everyone knows these traits will show up. They will show up even in the purist of breeds.we fuss about white and dew clays. How come it's ok to have dogs with no tan. For some reason no one cares if they are all black

Old Post 07-26-2014 05:33 PM
John Duncan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Duncan Click here to Send John Duncan a Private Message Find more posts by John Duncan Add John Duncan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
james norman
UKC Forum Member

DEW

SOME OLD timers wound`nt`have one without them,said that pup would tree.I love my black dogs,have owned good ones from other breeds but was never satisfied with them solely because they were not B&T.Faults are showing up offten in all breeds by the % of culls.Our breed has came a long way thanks to dedicated breeders and select breeding.YOU can`t be proud of what u have if u are ashamed of were it came from.I guess I`m just to old school.

Old Post 07-26-2014 06:00 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Dew Claws, A few of you have hunted with NtCh Big Money, we now have 4 wins to Gn, He is out of Hardwood Bean, I bred a Trackman female to Big Money, 5 pups have Dew Claws, what I find strange is this same female was bred to Bean 2 times with no Dew Claws, I can't remember ever having any from Bean, IV bred 5 females to Big Money but this is the first Dew Claws IV seen, go figure..

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 07-27-2014 03:04 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
I know where a litter will be born within a week and I'll bet any and all anything they want to bet that there will not be a dew claw in the litter.

In my opinion, the pedigree will have some of the best(reproducing, winning, and treeing raccoons) the B&T breed had to offer in the last 15 years. NO DEW CLAWS GUARANTEED!

PS.... Rumor is that NONE are for sale.

I have info that 5 pups were raised in this litter. By the way, I WAS RIGHT AGAIN, all of the pups were born free of dew claws and none are for sale.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 09-30-2014 02:18 AM
trsizemore
UKC Forum Member

other strains

I know of 2 other strains of black dogs that will not throw dew claws I would like to know why ukc printed all black dogs are ninety percent is the pureist we have where did the info they are posting come from thanks tim

Old Post 09-30-2014 02:26 AM
trsizemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trsizemore Click here to Send trsizemore a Private Message Click Here to Email trsizemore Find more posts by trsizemore Add trsizemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dan68

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
I don't have a clue. I've never heard of her. Who is she? What's she look like? Sire? Dam?

I'll bet if I'm her breeder she don't have any dew claws or marks where they were.

I think this might be a pup out of Shine and Vi. If so, that was a cross I made not KT, but I can promise she never had dew claws.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 09-30-2014 01:52 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackdawg
UKC Forum Member

Dew claws just help them grip the tree better!

Brock Smith
H- 606-633-7730
C- 606-369-7317

Old Post 09-30-2014 09:26 PM
blackdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackdawg Click here to Send blackdawg a Private Message Click Here to Email blackdawg Find more posts by blackdawg Add blackdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Billy George
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&...xoXOjzgxuVoc3ww

Good read...

If you guys would do just a little research you would understand where dew claws came from.

Old Post 10-01-2014 01:53 AM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
james norman
UKC Forum Member

Don`t consider this a major fault can be taken care of when they are pups and be controlled if u wish by select breeding.Have raised pups with and without,don`t bother me much.

Old Post 10-01-2014 02:47 AM