UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Outstanding Purina Coonhound Program
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Outstanding Purina Coonhound Program

Oh my goodness, just got to read my new Bloodlines mag. They have revamped the whole Purina Outstanding Coonhound Program. It is now geared toward the Purina National Championship Hunt. Your cast wins in Purina Hunts qualify you to hunt In National Championship Hunt. First 2 rounds of National Championship Hunt each breed wiil have a hunt off to determine a Breed Champion and then these Breed Champions will have a hunt off to determine Overall Outstanding Coonhound. All money will be paid to winners at National Championship Hunt. And Breed Hunts are now Purina Hunts again in addition to State hunts. Also the country is divided into regions and you only have to win in your region to qualify for National Championship. This will end the need to travel all over the country to attend state hunts. All of these changes "should" make the Purina Race accessible to all. But it may be less of a "race" and more of a "Championship". We will have to see how it works out.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-08-2017 03:32 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

I guess this is one way to give the others breeds a chance to beat a walker.

Old Post 12-08-2017 06:22 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Some would say that it is evening the playing field. Actually the off colored dogs have done pretty good at the National Purina Hunt for the last couple of years without the changes.

Old Post 12-08-2017 09:55 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jawscardodger
i dont have a off breed . just a x-bred mutt .lol is there a category in the purina race for x-bred . dont think i remember ever seeing them listed in the standings anywhere . ole sambo beat the walkers . lol guess they let him hunt despite knowing that his handler had issues cause they didnt expect much of a showing from him .lol

Last edited by thomasg on 12-09-2017 at 03:52 AM

Old Post 12-09-2017 03:43 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jawscardodger

Seemed like a plott won it this year? maybe I'm wrong but I'm thinking I'm right....bahahaha

Old Post 12-09-2017 05:39 AM
Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott Click here to Send Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott a Private Message Visit Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott's homepage! Find more posts by Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott Add Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Since there will only be the Top 16 from each breed qualified to hunt, each breed will have the same "odds" at winning. It won't be like other hunts where there are 100 walker dogs and 10 others. And since the Top 4 dogs of each breed will come from the 4 different regions, each region will have the same chance. The Cowboys or the Floridians won't be able to complain that they are being left out. They will only have to hunt In their region to qualify. And running up a big "score" won't help. You only have to be in the Top 4 of your breed in your region to qualify. And once you get to the Championship Hunt, the point totals go out the window. So, the Purina Board has leveled the playing field.

Old Post 12-09-2017 02:26 PM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

QUESTION : is there a category in the purnia race and national championship for X- bred hounds or is the purnia race only for the traditional 7 breeds? i dont get the bloodlines . will u.k.c. be posting the new purnia race plans on the web so everyone interested can give them a view ?

Last edited by thomasg on 12-09-2017 at 08:36 PM

Old Post 12-09-2017 08:28 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I can see this getting interesting, especially for the breed bias people. Which i am

Old Post 12-09-2017 10:19 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Would like to see the Heartland Classic event be included in this new format.

Old Post 12-10-2017 04:19 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

I don't get bloodlines book is there anything about this on the ukc site

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Old Post 12-10-2017 02:52 PM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote