UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Do you know anyone like this?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Do you know anyone like this?

My niece in law...been knowing her a little over two years...

Didn’t take me long to figure out she likes dogs and other farm animals...most dogs just gravitate toward her...seems dogs want to protect her and enjoy being around her...

dogs respond to her and really like her...the other day her mother-in-law bought and came home with a puppy and when my niece went over the puppy went straight to her and hung out with her the whole time she was visiting...

I was telling my wife that I thought Savanna had a special gift with animals and my wife smiled and told me the story about the puppy going straight to Savana...seems other people are in agreement about Savanna’s gift...

I really like Savanna...if dogs like her then I see it like this...a dogs sense of Character is way better than a humans...so I think Savanna is exactly how the dogs see her...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2019 05:06 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: Do you know anyone like this?

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben
My niece in law...been knowing her a little over two years...

Didn’t take me long to figure out she likes dogs and other farm animals...most dogs just gravitate toward her...seems dogs want to protect her and enjoy being around her...

dogs respond to her and really like her...the other day her mother-in-law bought and came home with a puppy and when my niece went over the puppy went straight to her and hung out with her the whole time she was visiting...

I was telling my wife that I thought Savanna had a special gift with animals and my wife smiled and told me the story about the puppy going straight to Savana...seems other people are in agreement about Savanna’s gift...

I really like Savanna...if dogs like her then I see it like this...a dogs sense of Character is way better than a humans...so I think Savanna is exactly how the dogs see her...

They know some how through scent I figure, my son has a dog that hates with a passion, I just figure her nose is messed up. The houndmen that don't connect well with dogs are easy to spot and vice versa

Old Post 06-16-2019 05:47 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I have had the opposite happen. I had a house dog that absolutely hated my brother from the first time he came to the house. The dog liked everyone but my brother. The dog would go sit in a corner and growl real low the whole time that my brother was in the room.

Old Post 06-16-2019 09:50 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I have a nephew that wanted to go hog hunting... He shows up and I turn out four 65 pound dogs loose in the back yard and they bark a little at my nephew and I didn’t think nothing of it...I was settling the dogs down as usual but instead they hackled up and became very fierce and then I saw what was happening...my nephew swelled up and was giving the dogs a look like he was top dog...quickly I said relax and don’t look at the dogs...it took a little bit and the dogs calmed down...

I learned that about 35 years before...a friend had a very good looking Pitbull that was an awesome catch dog...this dog was loud and lacked manners due to my friends inexperience... I gave that dog that look...if you were mine I would whip you into shape real quick...well that dog only wanted to do one thing all night and I told my buddy...whatever you do...do not turn that dog loose...

Old Post 06-17-2019 02:33 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

I must be a bad person because if a dog has any bark in him he’ll try to eat me alive.

Old Post 06-17-2019 01:10 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote