UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Interference
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
spencer smith
UKC Forum Member

Interference

Coyote ran my dog out the tree right in front of us after the five was up and we had walked 400 yds shouldnít that be interference?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-15-2019 05:25 PM
spencer smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spencer smith Click here to Send spencer smith a Private Message Click Here to Email spencer smith Find more posts by spencer smith Add spencer smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Unfortunately I think this just falls under ď a bad breakĒ. Someone else may be able to give you a official ruling tho.

Old Post 06-15-2019 08:32 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Sorry, but there is no mention of interference in the rule book. As the last poster said (bad break).

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 06-15-2019 10:21 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Forum Member

You have a slim shot at rule 7 (a) under Time Out if you can prove dog trailed into a place of danger. And then delete points by using 5 (g). 7 (a) is pretty open ended and includes danger to dogs and hunters but slim chance cast would vote for it unless a majority of dogs were there and if the dog(s) was in actual danger when it took place. If you can't get a vote for it it's one of those tough breaks as others mentioned.

GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA
GRCH GRNITECH PKC GCH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMI-FINALIST. 2016 UKC TOP 20. 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE. 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4. 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION
NITECH PKC CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION

Old Post 06-15-2019 11:49 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H DOG
UKC Forum Member

Yes it would be interference why don't people want to use common sense all they want to do is find a cheap way to beat somebody and they wonder why the hunt numbers are down

Old Post 06-16-2019 04:32 PM
H DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H DOG Click here to Send H DOG a Private Message Find more posts by H DOG Add H DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H DOG
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 06-16-2019 04:36 PM
H DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H DOG Click here to Send H DOG a Private Message Find more posts by H DOG Add H DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

So if a deer jumps up in front of a dog and he chases it a short distance itís interference!

Old Post 06-16-2019 04:37 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email nitehunter2004 Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spencer smith
UKC Forum Member

I understand

The deer but she didnít run it and it came to her and I took as bad luck! Pat Keller just had male dog get crewed up by by coyote coming in to his tree had take him to the vet and itís not my first time of this happening. What if it was farm dog would that change anything? This has happen to and they can be really mean?

Old Post 06-16-2019 04:52 PM
spencer smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spencer smith Click here to Send spencer smith a Private Message Click Here to Email spencer smith Find more posts by spencer smith Add spencer smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I understand your frustration and I actually have had to take a minus in a very similar situation. A lot of things happen out in the woods at night that are not ďnormalĒ and the rules canít cover every single situation. The best thing about my situation was the coyote didnít hurt my dog and I was able to just go to another hunt the next week and compete. Keep your head up and be positive for your next cast, the breaks will come your way.

Old Post 06-16-2019 07:37 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote