UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2019 World Championship Zones and Finals Announcement
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

You can't use numbers in this kind of contest to determine odds. Ability is way more important than numbers, it takes ability to win casts, numbers don't win casts. A dog with exceptional ability should win it's cast every time regardless of color or how many of it's kind is entered in the contest. Don't confuse sheer numbers with ability. It only takes 1 dog with the right ability to win it all. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-15-2018 10:44 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tell that to the Pro's in Vegas.

Old Post 12-15-2018 11:00 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Cooper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
$15,000 will buy a lot of gas and pay for a motel for a week. Jason, how much money did you and Secret win at the World last year? Will the trees way up/out in Iowa still have leaves on them in Sept? "Good hunting" does that mean thick, easy to tree coons? Will I need a track dog or a tree dog to win that big money?
enough to retire!!!!

2021 UKC National Grand Nite Ch
' Indiana Outlaw'
Co owned with Alan Holding

PKC Ch Nite Ch PR Backwoods Okie

Old Post 12-15-2018 11:32 PM
J Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Cooper Click here to Send J Cooper a Private Message Click Here to Email J Cooper Find more posts by J Cooper Add J Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

The cream will rise to the top anything else is just excuses

Old Post 12-15-2018 11:34 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

You are confusing regular numbers with ability based numbers, gaming odds are way different, they are not based on ability. Look at how they use numbers in ability based i.e. horse racing, football, etc odds are based on ability of competitors, as opposed to odds of winning lottery, which has nothing to do with ability, it's just random chance. A COONDOG competition is ability based and numbers won't help, also, there would stand to reason why there are so many of one breed entered, maybe they are just better. Lol. Dave

Old Post 12-16-2018 01:58 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why are high schools and colleges divided into divisions according to numbers of students?
Are walker dogs better because there are more of them or are there more of them because they are better?

Old Post 12-16-2018 02:50 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr Lambert

Your first question is sort of easy, you would have a bigger pool from which one could select from, however, bigger pool does not equate to talent. All things equal [ they are not ] one would stand to have more talent in 3000 kids than one would have in 500 kids, therefore schools are grouped by size. Your second question is much easier to answer, since there are more of a certain breed being hunted, it is for a reason, they are better. Now you will see more culls in that breed due to such a larger number of them being hunted. I have seen good dogs in all breeds, but definitely more in the Walker breed. I could hunt whatever breed I choose and do, but prefer Walker dogs. I have owned and hunted all breeds of hounds and curs, but my too 10 all time dogs were 8/10 Walker dogs, bluetick mix and redbones mix. Dave

Old Post 12-16-2018 03:52 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mr Lambert

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
......, bigger pool does not equate to talent.....one would stand to have more talent in 3000 kids than in 500....

.....since there are more of a certain breed being hunted, it is for a reason, they are better.... Dave

Better because there are more of them? It sounds like you are arguing with yourself. If you have 100 pups and cull 90, you have 10 good ones. If you have 10 pups and cull 9, then you have 1 good pup. Now what are the odds of that 1 good pup getting the proper training, living long enough and getting the right handler vs the odds of those 10 pups? If you truly don't think that having 10,000 Redbones wouldn't make a big difference then you need to go back to school.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-16-2018 at 02:58 PM

Old Post 12-16-2018 02:51 PM
georgef072007
Banned

10,000 redbones ??? That's truly a scary thought Richard. I'd love to see a red dog win the big one, of course I'd much rather see a bluetick win it but either one would be a breath of fresh air. I'd be willing to bet that neither one will happen though. I figure that an ugly crossbreed from Missouri will get that win. No, I don't know the kid or the dog but he went a long way this year and I just like the looks of him. I'm guessing he puts the time and shoe leather into the dog that we should all be putting in. At any rate I will most likely not even try to qualify a dog this year. I have a litter of puppies on the way that I hope will actually get me excited about going to the woods again so maybe 2020 I will get back in the game.

'PR' OUTBACK TRASHY LULU

CH GRNTCH 'PR' WRECK IT RALPH (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2017 UKC World Finalist. 2018 UKC World Hunt Qualified.

CH GRNTCH 'PR' CATS TRASHY TOMCAT (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2016 , 2017 & 2018 UKC World hunt qualified

'PR' Blue Eyed Pete (Watsons Jackal X Hello Kitty)

'PR' Wipeout Harley (Joinertown Wipeout Zeb 3 X Dark Mtn Crankin Holly)

past home of

GRNTCH 'PR' DEAD CAT

NTCH WCH 'PR' DEAD CATS ECHO

Old Post 12-17-2018 03:52 PM
georgef072007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgef072007 Click here to Send georgef072007 a Private Message Find more posts by georgef072007 Add georgef072007 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Jump on in Mr Florence. The water just got a lot warmer. UKC has heated it up.

Old Post 12-17-2018 04:17 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by georgef072007
I figure that an ugly crossbreed from Missouri will get that win. No, I don't know the kid or the dog but he went a long way this year and I just like the looks of him. I'm guessing he puts the time and shoe leather into the dog that we should all be putting in.

That dog is a full blood Walker not a crossbreed Redneck Mafia x a Logan's Wild Kobe Jack female. We like his ugly as some people would call his looks too. He is registered as a crossbreed in $hkc because he was single registered in it and is their crossbred champ.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-17-2018 04:23 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgef072007
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
That dog is a full blood Walker not a crossbreed Redneck Mafia x a Logan's Wild Kobe Jack female. We like his ugly as some people would call his looks too. He is registered as a crossbreed in $hkc because he was single registered in it and is their crossbred champ.

Ok, my mistake, but I thought that they had him listed as crossbred in the placings for the world hunt. Either way, I still like the looks of him.

'PR' OUTBACK TRASHY LULU

CH GRNTCH 'PR' WRECK IT RALPH (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2017 UKC World Finalist. 2018 UKC World Hunt Qualified.

CH GRNTCH 'PR' CATS TRASHY TOMCAT (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2016 , 2017 & 2018 UKC World hunt qualified

past home of

GRNTCH 'PR' DEAD CAT

Old Post 12-17-2018 04:28 PM
georgef072007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgef072007 Click here to Send georgef072007 a Private Message Find more posts by georgef072007 Add georgef072007 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgef072007
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Jump on in Mr Florence. The water just got a lot warmer. UKC has heated it up.

Just not feeling it Mr. Lambert, don't have the drive any more. Hoping I can get that special pup out of this cross to get me back in the game. If not, I probably won't even own a dog this time next year.

'PR' OUTBACK TRASHY LULU

past home of

GRNTCH 'PR' DEAD CAT

Old Post 12-17-2018 04:30 PM
MOX
UKC Forum Member

Has anyone read these post and feel like Dave and Richard are saying the exact same thing in a different way. LOL

Old Post 12-17-2018 11:05 PM
MOX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MOX Click here to Send MOX a Private Message Find more posts by MOX Add MOX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Dave is "educated".

Old Post 12-18-2018 12:47 AM