UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Just thinking ?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Just thinking ?

And I do that to much lol. But ukc has the unique ability to see how many coonhounds are being registered in an area where major hunt numbers are down and see if it’s low on hunters or low in interest in the product being presented and maybe it just a case of it not being publisized in the right manor or no effort into getting all the bases covered beforehand. All major company’s if they have a company in anouther state that’s loosing money they send in a heavy hitter to get them back making money. We don’t have a lot of movers and shakers left that know how to do that anymore. Might just be some of the younger ones need to be shown how to become Movers and shakers.

I know when $$$ first started Jarvis spent a lot of time with us in Texas.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-02-2020 01:44 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Tar you might be the Donald Trump of coonhunting. That makes more sense than anything I've read on here.

Old Post 03-02-2020 02:27 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Clovis it’s just simple business practice.

Tar

Old Post 03-02-2020 12:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Tar, a good theory but just this weekend I read where most companies closing poor performing places. Not saying I want that to happen but the mover and shakers now don't have the passion for the SPORT of coon hunting.

Old Post 03-02-2020 01:20 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Roy a quick thought then off to work I go. From the 80’s till now it just got stagnet!! You had one kc were you won stuff this one not much. Now we can win stuff but we lost hunters to the other kc 1,300 dogs at their world hunt. Now I ain’t trying to put nobody on the spot. For instance the Texas state hunt is coming up I am passionate about it. That hunt was a big part of my life. Ukc could gather up some dog boxes , nice trophy’s , and have eukenuba show up with a load of feed ( all tax write offs ) and they still got time to let the hunters know it’s going to be there ! Probly gain anouther 100 + hunters that would put that hunt back on the map. To lead you got to be a leader.

I know what mr Fred would have done.

Tar

Old Post 03-02-2020 01:41 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I guess we are to far south of that big red line.

Tar

Old Post 03-03-2020 02:10 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Tar not a bad idea buddy , sometimes , it's not really about trying anything new but just going back to the basics of KISS , Keep It Simple Stupid.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 03-03-2020 07:31 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

It's come down to doing more with less period. We don't have 25 percent of the hunters we had 25 years ago in Texas it's not even close the only way to keep any kind of numbers a t events is have all hunters who hunt in competition hunts together as long as ukc, pkc, etc are split up among the hunters the numbers will be low . Ukc waited a whole generation to start adding money to there programs and that's fine but we simply don't have the numbers we used to it's not even close

Old Post 03-03-2020 11:52 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Wart I think they are out there they just want to win stuff the clubs struggled so long they can’t afford stuff they need one good jump start to get them on their feet.

Chuck instead of the kiss approach I like the hobo approach.

Help other brouthers out.

Tar

Old Post 03-03-2020 12:31 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Well here's my opinion, there are still a bunch of hunters that follow behind dogs. Problem is that so many guys have spread the bad without the good for so long that new guys are very reluctant to enter a hunt. They think every cast they'll get cheated by some big $ handler. When 9/10 or 19/20 casts go fantastic with no issues. I know a few guys that seem to always get "cheated" and I just get beat. Some hunts seem like I'm a drum and others I walk away the winner. What I'm getting at is there needs to be more talk of the good experiences instead of the very few bad experiences we have. It goes with every registry not just ukc.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 03-04-2020 12:27 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Eric your probly right on part of that. But during the years ukc was kinda in a lull. The other kc just kept giving stuff and more stuff pickups and money so those hunters jumped ship !! Now we either give away some stuff or they ain’t coming. There are what used to be major hunts here that are only drawing 30 or 40 dogs because without the hunters that jumped ship they can’t afford to buy stuff. So if they just got a helping hand to get them on their feet I mean they were loyal all these years when it wasent cool.

Tar

Old Post 03-04-2020 12:40 AM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Eric your probly right on part of that. But during the years ukc was kinda in a lull. The other kc just kept giving stuff and more stuff pickups and money so those hunters jumped ship !! Now we either give away some stuff or they ain’t coming. There are what used to be major hunts here that are only drawing 30 or 40 dogs because without the hunters that jumped ship they can’t afford to buy stuff. So if they just got a helping hand to get them on their feet I mean they were loyal all these years when it wasent cool.

Tar

I know what you're saying and I agree to some degree. And some of the guys that jumped ship won't be back. And they don't plan on going to the big dance so they see no point in paying the extra fees for 0 in return. There should be a set $ amount on what clubs can charge for hunts. JMO though

But what I'm saying is there's a bunch of guys that have never been in a competition hunt. And they won't enter in 1 because they think you'll get cheated because Old Billy Bob Joe's neighbor was in a hunt 1 time 20 years ago and got "cheated".

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 03-04-2020 12:52 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
I know what you're saying and I agree to some degree. And some of the guys that jumped ship won't be back. And they don't plan on going to the big dance so they see no point in paying the extra fees for 0 in return. There should be a set $ amount on what clubs can charge for hunts. JMO though

But what I'm saying is there's a bunch of guys that have never been in a competition hunt. And they won't enter in 1 because they think you'll get cheated because Old Billy Bob Joe's neighbor was in a hunt 1 time 20 years ago and got "cheated".

As much as I to visit back in the day on a cast only thing I said was strike and tree my dog. I stood away from the group and I knew what everybody had on that card and I knew the rules. I would steal 25+ here and there and they didn’t even know they were beat till we figured the card.

And then they said I cheated lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-04-2020 01:04 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Eric/Tar

Eric, you are right, there is WAY to much focus on the negative and not nearly enough focus in the positive in the hunts. Tar, giving stuff away only works in the short term, it becomes a way things are done and loses its initial appeal over time. It takes more and more free stuff to excite and WE ALL KNOW that there us no such thing as "free". I have challenged everyone to attend some up coming hunts without a dog, just to VISIT old friends and make some new friends. Donate your entry you saved to the high scoring cast winner or a random cast winner, then some one actually gets something free. DO NOT encourage those who expound cheating to be common, it IS NOT. Tar you talk about the good old days of hunts being a place to take the family, eat and visit and have a good time, they still can be like that, it's up to each of us to do our part to make it happen. Will it take time to grow the hunts? Yes, but it can be done, one hunt at a time by each of us showing up and helping out, make the hunts the social events they used to be, it starts with us, one hunt at a time. Dave

Old Post 03-04-2020 02:46 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan&Ann
UKC Forum Member

Remember back

I think hunters need to think back on what drew us to the club hunts back in the day. I promise you it was not the money you might win because there was none to win. It was spending the whole day at the club with events scheduled (water race) (treeing contest) (bench show) with a pot belly stove inside and maybe a hot fire barrel outside. Then a 5 dollar country cooked meal...The competition was fierce later that night but for a kid that was not the draw. That was not what made him fall in love with the sport. It was the day at the club with that young dog in that treeing contest or that young girl showing that hound and winning a plaque.. I know for me that was what brought me back as a teenager and up until I was a man.. The answer to the equation is X+Z=THE KIDS....Place the focus on the kids. All the focus! Or it dies

Old Post 03-05-2020 02:48 PM
Dan&Ann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan&Ann Click here to Send Dan&Ann a Private Message Find more posts by Dan&Ann Add Dan&Ann to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Now we can win stuff but we lost hunters to the other kc 1,300 dogs at their world hunt. Tar

Just thinking...………. why do you miss represent the facts? There were not 1,300 dogs at their world hunt. 1,300 entries yes! If UKC would let re-entries for the Tournament of Champions they would crush that number! I'm glad they don't as I think it's more fair to the little guy.

Old Post 03-05-2020 07:09 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Way back when a hunt had everything treeing contest, water race, bench show, and the barbeque cooking. Now all our hunt has is a 1 hour hunt. And maybe 4 dogs are there if we are lucky. A bunch of pleasure hunters hold a hunt once a year here that has the whole deal going but the night hunt is a kill hunt most coons biggest coon smallest coon that sort of thing. They had around 70 dogs there most of them only entered the treeing contest and water race. But I was amazed at the people there I thought this was like it was in the 80s and people where there all day. And I would have bet 70% of the dogs there where grade dogs.

Old Post 03-05-2020 07:19 PM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
Just thinking...………. why do you miss represent the facts? There were not 1,300 dogs at their world hunt. 1,300 entries yes! If UKC would let re-entries for the Tournament of Champions they would crush that number! I'm glad they don't as I think it's more fair to the little guy.

Each entry paid $300 entry same thing to me lol.

And every time you advance you get paid top 64 are the only ones get paid at the tournament of champions.

Tar

Old Post 03-05-2020 07:43 PM
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Each entry paid $300 entry same thing to me lol.
Tar

Miss representing the facts again, lol
I paid $75 for first entry as did probably most every one else.

Old Post 03-05-2020 09:31 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

We can NOT compare the $KC'S and UKC fairly, UKC derives most if it's income from the registry side and the $KC'S derive most of their income from the Hunts.When you have as much complaining as UKC does over a 30.00 hunt fee, you know they are never going to the 300.00 entry fees like the other KC. YOU can never compare apples with oranges and get a fair comparison, both registries were set up with completely different goals or business plan and both registries are successful in doing what they were set up to do. While we do have cross overs hunting in both registries, it is on a limited basis. UKC can and will better serve it's clients doing what they do best and that's running a complete REGISTRY PROGRAM, while letting the $ KC run their program of money hunts. UKC has given their hunters a very good shot at a serious payday without anyone risking big entry fees to have a chance to win. UKC knows exactly what they are doing without ALL of the arm chair quarterbacks telling them how to run their business. No business should ever be one dimensional if they truly want to be successful, we tend to forget that the non hunters far outweigh the hunters in numbers and that UKC caters to both crowds. My money is on UKC in the long run over a strictly hunt based registry. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 03-05-2020 at 09:41 PM

Old Post 03-05-2020 09:34 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Dave I have hunted in all 3 kc I know exzactly how they work. I will be setting behind the table giving out ukc money this Saturday night matter of fact. Ain’t comparing but I can argue with the best lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-05-2020 09:58 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I hope they put a dollar limit on that 1 meal a day they promised you, or else they may struggle to break even, definitely no profit. Another thing, don't take Corey down there and get him into any trouble. Lol. Dave. P.S. We will argue when you get back, that is if you got any sass left.

Old Post 03-05-2020 10:34 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Dave

That one is in April. Our hunt is this weekend. There is several of us going to the Texas state hunt it is a traditional hunt for us to go see old freinds. Don’t hit me on here to hard I am at the cattle show watching the grandkids typing on my wife’s phone lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-06-2020 12:03 AM
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I hope they put a dollar limit on that 1 meal a day they promised you, or else they may struggle to break even, definitely no profit. Another thing, don't take Corey down there and get him into any trouble. Lol. Dave. P.S. We will argue when you get back, that is if you got any sass left.

Dave Iam ready for the Texas state hunt. It's going to be a trip down memory lane for me. Going to hunt both nights is my plan. Been working on my secret weapon pups. In 2 months my male will make his first bench show. Goal is to show champion him before a year old.

Old Post 03-06-2020 12:57 AM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar/Corey

Tar enjoy the cattle show and the grand kids, grandkids grow old way to fast. Corey, I hope you have a ball at the Texas hunt, just remember to use Tar as a shield if the bullets start flying. Visiting old friends never gets boring, we ALL should visit as much as we can, while we can. Dave

Old Post 03-06-2020 01:24 AM